• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't know about you, but i feel like Fourside is the worst Mother stage in Smash, in regards to the representation of the source material.

It is playable and fun, don't get me wrong, but it differs a lot from the actual Fourside in Mother 2.

And even if we take the Smash version as Moonside, it still lacks the neon elements that represents it.

At least in Ultimate the Monotoly helicopter is more similar to the one in the original game.
Some of the Melee stages were weird like that, it seemed like sometimes it just took the general framework of a location and then put its own spin on it. Brinstar for example has that weird brain thing in the background which has never appeared in Metroid before, Fountain of Dreams is in an entirely different location as some sort of Kami's Lookout knockoff, and Poké Floats is an original stage entirely.

It's kinda neat how they allowed themselves a bit more creative liberty back then, but at the same time I do prefer seeing more faithful recreations.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Some of the Melee stages were weird like that, it seemed like sometimes it just took the general framework of a location and then put its own spin on it. Brinstar for example has that weird brain thing in the background which has never appeared in Metroid before, Fountain of Dreams is in an entirely different location as some sort of Kami's Lookout knockoff, and Poké Floats is an original stage entirely.

It's kinda neat how they allowed themselves a bit more creative liberty back then, but at the same time I do prefer seeing more faithful recreations.
Princess Peach’s Castle from Melee is the most underrated Smash stage.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Was that Geno leak a couple days ago fake? Did the guy come out and say how he did it? Cause if not, I’m banking on that one being the real leak.
That one image leak of the sassy Geno tilting his head and looking away hasn't really been debunked. The only thing working against it is that it was posted in the same thread as that godawful Banjo-Dixie picture (where banjo's fingers are super long and ugly), so people think it's the same leaker.
I thought that one was debunked but people keep bringing it up so maybe not.

Honestly there have been so many Geno "leaks" that I am expecting that to be the character her was reffering to. Works with what Vergeben is saying just not the box, which honestly makes the most sense.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
I thought that one was debunked but people keep bringing it up so maybe not.

Honestly there have been so many Geno "leaks" that I am expecting that to be the character her was reffering to. Works with what Vergeben is saying just not the box, which honestly makes the most sense.
I dunno, everyone assumes it has to be an image leak but it could be anything, which lessens the chance it's Geno, since everyone and their mother has """""leaked"""" Geno in their epic leak.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I do like how we genuinely don’t know who’s gonna be revealed next. The most likely are Ken and Incineroar, but we truly have nothing to go on for anything.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
So wait, didn't Nintendo say they'd announce what exactly is happening at that bar on Wednesday? Because if so, I'd expect the news sometime soon, right?

D

Deleted member

With all the chaos I didn't get to really talk about this too much, but I realized something awesome with the "leak" from the guy with Resetera.

If he's telling the truth, which he has been credible in the past due to leaking Cloud, and it is indeed an image leak, then we have a situation where Vergeben, the box and him can't all be right. This is mostly because there haven't been any image leaks of Incineroar and he confirmed it wasn't Ken.

Honestly that was the most exciting thing of yesterday for me. I feel like Smash speculation has been stuck in a pattern of expecting Ken and Incineroar and hoping for Geno at best, but this situation blows that open for more possibilities.
I have to admit, i would love it if Sakurai surprised us with something completely unexpected, like he did with Mewtwo and Bayonetta in Smash 4.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
With all the chaos I didn't get to really talk about this too much, but I realized something awesome with the "leak" from the guy with Resetera.

If he's telling the truth, which he has been credible in the past due to leaking Cloud, and it is indeed an image leak, then we have a situation where Vergeben, the box and him can't all be right. This is mostly because there haven't been any image leaks of Incineroar and he confirmed it wasn't Ken.

Honestly that was the most exciting thing of yesterday for me. I feel like Smash speculation has been stuck in a pattern of expecting Ken and Incineroar and hoping for Geno at best, but this situation blows that open for more possibilities.
I feel that this leak isn't one we "the community" knows. I think it's something the "higher up" like Admin, YouTubers, influencers probably got in their hands. Explaining Warchamp and the commentators's reaction. And maybe why the guy probably know that there a leak in the wild but not which one.

Was that Geno leak a couple days ago fake? Did the guy come out and say how he did it? Cause if not, I’m banking on that one being the real leak.
That one image leak of the sassy Geno tilting his head and looking away hasn't really been debunked. The only thing working against it is that it was posted in the same thread as that godawful Banjo-Dixie picture (where banjo's fingers are super long and ugly), so people think it's the same leaker.
I'll repost what makes me doubt the Sassy Geno Leak.

>Too high poly for playable model, curve are too "round" and the cape isn't blocky enough and lightning isn't "Ultimate" at all

>Render seems to be a bit too too "boring" as in like Characters usually strike a dynamic pose in Ultimate that shows Characters, you would think we would get something with his canon and such

The Characters model is ****ing amazing though and I love it. Best fake we had so far.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Nintendo can't be THIS stupid to not show anything on October, because someone is gonna end up leaking everything if they dont.
Potentially.

Although, I don't know how a "Leaker" would obtain the game.

Can't wait for the ultimate definitive edition plus for Wii U and Knuckles as well.
With all new Funky Mode!

Last edited:

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
With the holidays fast approaching, I'm a little surprised they're not putting more info out. I was thinking we'd get at least a mini direct around now and maybe even another before December.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Ugh. So, the bar thing probably has nothing to do with Smash. I was expecting they'd announce a direct, and the bar gets an exclusive first-viewing. If it is Smash, it's probably just a demo.
Oh well, better luck next week.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Nintendo can't be THIS stupid to not show anything on October, because someone is gonna end up leaking everything if they dont.
As much as we have seen leaked so far, they're very very tight on the leak security this time around.
As far as we know, maybe all the leaks thats happened so far were actually things that were "allowed to leak" so to speak.
Everyone knows leaks generate an interest even for a little bit.

Wouldn't be surprised if no "big leak" actually happens.
Wouldn't be surprised if it does.
Nothing can surprise me. I'm clairvoyant theory.

Ugh. So, the bar thing probably has nothing to do with Smash. I was expecting they'd announce a direct, and the bar gets an exclusive first-viewing. If it is Smash, it's probably just a demo.
Oh well, better luck next week.
It's something that is exclusive to that bar.
Considering some of the stuff that was being said about it.

Untouch

Smash Master
I hope people don't harass the bar if it turns out to be minor, that'd on Nintendo for being secretive, even the bar doesn't know what it is yet.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
I feel that this leak isn't one we "the community" knows. I think it's something the "higher up" like Admin, YouTubers, influencers probably got in their hands. Explaining Warchamp and the commentators's reaction. And maybe why the guy probably know that there a leak in the wild but not which one.

I'll repost what makes me doubt the Sassy Geno Leak.

>Too high poly for playable model, curve are too "round" and the cape isn't blocky enough and lightning isn't "Ultimate" at all

>Render seems to be a bit too too "boring" as in like Characters usually strike a dynamic pose in Ultimate that shows Characters, you would think we would get something with his canon and such

The Characters model is ****ing amazing though and I love it. Best fake we had so far.
Missed that; how did they react?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom