• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
And so. It. Begins.
People are already turning on Nintendo and Sakurai. I knew this would happen.
I mean, I'm just one guy who's salty that I can't stop thinking about this game, and the drought of information has killed my motivation to do anything productive.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Hey guys, did you see that leak with Ivysaur, Pichu, PAC-MAN and Ken on Moray Towers? :079:

No but seriously, that's how far behind I am, just read the posts that first started talking about that thing over the past 2 nights. Any news on whether that's legit or a bunch of crap? And for that matter, anything else of interest pop up between now and essentially the end of last month?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Speaking of me being clairvoyant, who wants to put money on the bar event actually having to do with Smash, but it's just a small localized "unofficial but with Nintendo's blessing" tournament that isn't advertised directly because of how competitions in general avoid Quebec's sweepstakes laws. No prize. No publicity either. Just some bar demo thing that is super minor.

Or it's bar-wide Mario Party.

Edit: Feels like this goes without saying but I'm not serious.

Alright, so if the entire game leaks, where do you think it'll first appear at on the internet?
4chan in a crappy blurry image leak that everyone will shrug off cause people have big heads

Last edited:

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Alright, so if the entire game leaks, where do you think it'll first appear at on the internet?
4chan. But before that, we'll get renders of unrevealed characters, alt costumes, and the menu. Pretty much the same thing happened with SoV (someone posted Zeke's art when he hadn't been shown in any capacity and then it spiraled from there until the ROM got posted).

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Guys…patience is a virtue.
Calm down. Relax. We’ll get information soon. Just not now.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I mean, I'm just one guy who's salty that I can't stop thinking about this game, and the drought of information has killed my motivation to do anything productive.
I'm in a similar situation, I'm busy and I have a lot of things to do, but this Smash mess is making me waste a lot of time; I just want to know everything as soon as possible so I can finally live in peace.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I hope people don't harass the bar if it turns out to be minor, that'd on Nintendo for being secretive, even the bar doesn't know what it is yet.
Well ya'know how excitable nerds can be...

#mcdonald's szechuan sauce

Though I too hope they don't get harassed.

If small maybe Geno or Inceniroar.

If gaping Banjo & Kazooie, Spirits, and the N64 Mini being real and its line up for good measure.

If a level black 'Call the police' event occurs: Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4 details, All the Smash DLC, all Amiibo dates, and the partnership details between Nintendo and Mircosoft going into 2019-2020.

Last edited:

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
So it really is confirmed that smash went gold? If we don’t get something this week I hope we get something next week. I do not want the whole roster to be leaked I want to atleast be surprised :/

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
So it really is confirmed that smash went gold? If we don’t get something this week I hope we get something next week. I do not want the whole roster to be leaked I want to atleast be surprised :/
If you want to be surprised when the game actually comes out you're out of luck, as they said they would reveal every character before launch. I mean, unless you can eep yourself from finding out about all the characters before launch.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Also Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura I totally forgot to respond to you but no the dude didn't get back to me yet.

It's how people are interpreting this image:

That said, this dude is "Media relations at Golin for Nintendo of America" so of course he'd be able to play this right now.
It's a bit odd to think anyone else would be able to have a copy of it somehow, but weirder things have happened.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If small maybe Geno or Inceniroar.

If gaping Banjo & Kazooie, Spirits, and the N64 Mini being real and its line up for good measure.
And all of my dreams would come true. :upsidedown:

EDIT:
Also Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura I totally forgot to respond to you but no the dude didn't get back to me yet.

It's how people are interpreting this image:

That said, this dude is "Media relations at Golin for Nintendo of America" so of course he'd be able to play this right now.
It's a bit odd to think anyone else would be able to have a copy of it somehow, but weirder things have happened.
Turns out he just has the case :joyful:

Last edited:

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
If it's big, I'm expecting ESRB Leak 2; all the newcomers and screenshots of the menus and game modes.

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
I’m kind of disappointed that there’s no direct on Thursday, but I do have a midterm on Friday so at least I’ll get a chance to study now.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Hey guys, did you see that leak with Ivysaur, Pichu, PAC-MAN and Ken on Moray Towers? :079:

No but seriously, that's how far behind I am, just read the posts that first started talking about that thing over the past 2 nights. Any news on whether that's legit or a bunch of crap? And for that matter, anything else of interest pop up between now and essentially the end of last month?
The Ken leak is most likely legit. It's by far the best thing that's popped up and every comparison has only strengthened it. Every time anyone tried to find any problems with the picture all we found were subtle details that actually make it more likely to be true (e.g. characters feet clipping in certain ways that actually happens in the demo too).

Nothing else interesting has happened in here since the september direct.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
And all of my dreams would come true. :upsidedown:

EDIT:

Turns out he just has the case :joyful:
I think it's more pertinent that the case exists.

Funnily enough, if you notice, he (and the other people there in that room) have copies of Let's Go. Supposedly there's something funny on the back of those boxes.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
I think it's more pertinent that the case exists.

Funnily enough, if you notice, he (and the other people there in that room) have copies of Let's Go. Supposedly there's something funny on the back of those boxes.
Like what?

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind that Nintendo has not tweeted today yet, but I doubt this means anything.
Though, I do wonder where this idea that Nintendo only announces directs at 10 AM EST. The post-poned Nintendo Direct was posted at 7 AM EST, and it seems as if the last Smash direct was announced at, like, 11 AM or 12 AM.
There... is a very, very faint hope.

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
So what are we waiting on ATM? Nintendo to tweet and the Montreal Bar to say what exactly they're doing tomorrow?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Basically at this point, I think Nintendo knows what they’re doing. But if there’s a real leak out there that isn’t Ken and Incineroar, or shows what is left of the roster, then they sincerely need to get the show on the road.

I mean i’m also ready to get off Mr. Bones’ Wild Ride, so a leak would be welcome. But I would like for Sakurai to have the satisfaction of being the person to give the information rather than some dude on the internet.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Another question. Now I’m not intelligent with this kind of stuff so go easy on me guys and educate me if you want. But have smash ultimate ESRB been confirmed? I thought it was rated Every one 10+ It hard to tell with that image of that guy having the smash ultimate case but it looked like the ESRB is E for everyone in that image.
Edit: yea ok smash ultimate ESRB is confirmed to be E10+ on their blog.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom