• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Whats going on? Did I miss a big leak..?
Yes, the leak was so big, Nintendo shut down Youtube to stop it! :p

Nah, just speculation about a leak that got out, Menu theme being leaked, and Youtube exploding.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

I am literally taking no chances right here, I need my boy Andromalius to make him real.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
For those that are coming in...

- Sounds like Smash has gone Gold!
- Nintendo affiliate has a copy...
- The music for the menu of Smash Ultimate was really Leak! Because it was taken down for copy right...
- YouTube went down right after the music was posted making us think Sakurai is takening the net down before there is a leak.
- Also, huge rumors of a Direct this Thursday or Friday.

Yep, this is going to be a long night o.o

D

Deleted member

Oh good, everything's on fire again...

Awesome, because I'm disappointed by the music too :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure we established it was a joke.
This is the same website that legitmately and unironically thought that the downright insignifact Bayonetta was the most voted Newcomer in the Smash Ballot because Nintendo said so, and that shunned off anybody that questioned it otherwise.

It's also the website that speculates about chairs and unfinished package advertising material, believes it's okay for a Evil Warlcok to go around using purple punches at people because of "MUH POWER", and it's also the website that half of its userbase demonized Vergeben until Simon's reveal.

So it's really hard to tell whenever the Smash Community in this site is joking or beign serious.

Last edited by a moderator:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
The music wasn't leaked folks it was officially given the go ahead by Nintendo, c'mon.

Well pack it up everyone, back to the drought

Danpal65

Smash Lord
For those that are coming in...

- Sounds like Smash has gone Gold!
- Nintendo affiliate has a copy...
- The music for the menu of Smash Ultimate was really Leak! Because it was taken down for copy right...
- YouTube went down right after the music was posted making us think Sakurai is takening the net down before there is a leak.
- Also, huge rumors of a Direct this Thursday or Friday.

Yep, this is going to be a long night o.o
Well you're wrong on literally everything to do with the Main Menu Theme.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Oh, yeah PushDustIn PushDustIn confirmed that it was officially obtained
This just means Nintendo knows what to do to hype us up and that we might be seeing a direct thanks to Nintendo purposely showing us this music

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
idk why people are saying back to square one...?? Affiliate has the copy, and nintendo gave the menu theme to someone to (likely) promote in a sense. Game has still likely gone gold.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And we are back to square one again... Aren't we?
Not quite.

There's still the website going funny and that thing in Canada tomorrow. Not to mention Nintendo allowing the music out legit is a sign something's up.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oh, yeah PushDustIn PushDustIn confirmed that it was officially obtained
There goes approximately 300 posts in about 2 hours, I guess. So, who online, overall, first stated that this was a leak anyway?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
LET'S GO NEKU!
LET'S GO ELMA!
LET'S GO BANDANA DEE!
LET'S GO LLOYD!
LET'S GO BLACK SHADOW!
LET'S GO CELICA!
LET'S GO CHORUS KIDS!
LET'S GO DIXIE!
LET'S GO SHADOW!

...let's go Rex and Twintelle for DLC...?

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Wtf is going on....? Something something about YouTube crashing, some menu music leak and people going crazy thinking character reveals are coming?

Least that’s the best I could figure out....

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
did y'all not notice the "Short Loop since we're not allowed to upload the full song yet" in the description of the video or...

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Can we please stop taking everything PushDustIn says seriously? He doesn't have a lick of proof for his claim at all.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
idk why people are saying back to square one...?? Affiliate has the copy, and nintendo gave the menu theme to someone to (likely) promote in a sense. Game has still likely gone gold.
affiliate has a printed boxart which, honestly, means nothing more than “they’re doing print tests”, because that’s a thing you do in graphic design.

What it does not mean:
- Game has gone gold
- Copies were sent to press

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I just want to say that whenever I hear any variant of the Ultimate theme, be it the menu theme, battlefield theme or standard main theme from the website, it takes me back to when I first saw the Everyone is Here trailer and just fills me with excitement. Brawl might have the best theme, but Ultimate still has to be my favorite just because of association. That trailer may have been the greatest thing to ever happen for Smash Brothers, no joke. I've probably watched it more times then all of the newcomer reveal trailers combined.
Ultimate is so damn sick. Don’t agree about Brawl though. OG Smash still has the best theme to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom