• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
LET'S GO BOMBERMAN
LET'S GO KRYSTAL
LET'S GO VAATI
LET'S GO LIP
LET'S GO ISAAC
LET'S GO GENO
LET'S GO BANJO
LET'S GO SHANTAE
LET'S GO DIXIE
LET'S GO BANDANNA DEE
LET'S GO LYCANROC
LET'S GO ARLE
LET'S GO MARTA
LET'S GO MOGE-KO
LET'S GO CORSOLA
LET'S GO DRAGONITE
LET'S GO TAILS
LET'S GO SHADOW
LET'S GO MII WIZARD

Ahahahahaha who am I kidding. Several of these aren't happening. But man, is it fun to dream.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If we're all giving our final rallies for our favorite characters, I only have one request left...

beans

Smash Lord
Everybody, we've truly entered the final stretch. Regardless of boxes, blogs, or whatever else, stick by your most wanted. Don't lose hope until the very end. Whether its a dinosaur echo with shades, a bear and a bird, a puppet, a trio of musical children, or whatever else, keep believing. A miracle just might come true.
Neku Sakuraba gets in the game
Geno comes from the stars
Sora's heart is his guiding key
Chrono changes the future
C'mon Sakurai, make it happen

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Is this board really that euphoric just because there’s a menu rip (that can totally be from just the demo) and because the site is doing some weird **** like it always does? I guess that could mean we’re getting something soon but geez, it feltnlike the whole game just leaked instead of... this lol
Even the best have only been able to piece together like a choppy minute of menu music.
This is a full, uncut 2 minute loop.

This is a bigger deal than most seem to realize. This is incredibly hard to obtain without some sort of insider info.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Everybody, we've truly entered the final stretch. Regardless of boxes, blogs, or whatever else, stick by your most wanted. Don't lose hope until the very end. Whether its a dinosaur echo with shades, a bear and a bird, a puppet, a trio of musical children, or whatever else, keep believing. A miracle just might come true.
Finally. The time HAS ARRIVED!!!

LET'S GO ELMA
LET'S GO BANDANA WADDLE DEE
LET'S GO IMPA
LET'S GO KOS-MOS
LET'S GO T-ELOS
LET'S GO MEDUSA
LET'S GO SHADOW
LET'S GO SHANTAE
LET'S GO SCEPTILE
LET'S GO ISAAC
LET'S GO BANJO
LET'S GO ANNA
LET'S GO AGNES
LET'S GO ARLE
LET'S GO TAILS
LET'S GO EVERYONE ELSE IN MY SIGNATURE THAT I CAN'T REMEMBER OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
I agree on the story mode. It was awesome and cool. I was not bothered by the tripping, though, though if I played Brawl again now, I probably would be bothered by it right now.
Sometimes I think it’s underrated for what it is but of course that’s not to say it’s bad generally it built a huge impact on the series back then such has 3rd party characters and such.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Btw I think brawl was good but the tripping was ..............ahhhhhhhh
But the story mode was amazingly good hope it returns in ultimate with no talking and amazing cutscenes!
Brawl gets **** on too much due to its direct comparison to Melee as a competitive fighter.

It was a fantastic game, filled to the brim with fan service-- I'd argue, actually, a much better game than Smash 4-- but it was too slow to enjoy spectating, Metaknight ruled tournaments in a way that would make Bayo blush, and tripping was the worst idea Sakurai's ever had.

Everything else about the game was fantastic.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Something's coming, boyos. This hype train is finally coming to a head, and we are in the midst of the endtimes.
eyes.jpg
Get hype.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It's really neat to see everyone cheering on their faves, as absurd or out-there as they may be! We are all united in Smash. Makes me smile. This hype cycle has been a blast and I'm glad I could be part of it.

On that note, LET'S GO TRAVIS TOUCHDOWN

Is this board really that euphoric just because there’s a menu rip (that can totally be from just the demo) and because the site is doing some weird **** like it always does? I guess that could mean we’re getting something soon but geez, it feltnlike the whole game just leaked instead of... this lol
Being excited about small things is actually pretty fun and good, you should try it some time

Noipoi

Howdy!
I dunno why i'm so hype right now but i'm really feeling it so i'm just gonna post my favorite pictures of my most wanted characters!!!
1538264287744.jpg

Super-mario-rpg-geno-fanart-awesome.jpg

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sometimes I think it’s underrated for what it is but of course that’s not to say it’s bad generally it built a huge impact on the series back then such has 3rd party characters and such.
Pretty much. I do still think it is a bit underrated, myself. Nice avatar, by the way.

D

Deleted member

I think this goes beyond Smash Bros. I seriously dobut that Nintendo's desire to stop leaks would cause an ENTIRE Website (one of the most popular of all time) to stop working.

I mean when the ESRB videos happened, Nintendo Took Down ONLY the Footage leaks. Now all of the sudden they screw with the entirity of Youtube because of one song? Dobut it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
Brawl gets **** on too much due to its direct comparison to Melee as a competitive fighter.

It was a fantastic game, filled to the brim with fan service-- I'd argue, actually, a much better game than Smash 4-- but it was too slow to enjoy spectating, Metaknight ruled tournaments in a way that would make Bayo blush, and tripping was the worst idea Sakurai's ever had.

Everything else about the game was fantastic.
According to Sakurai the reason for the tripping was to imbrace the gameplay and make it more fun.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Even the best have only been able to piece together like a choppy minute of menu music.
This is a full, uncut 2 minute loop.

This is a bigger deal than most seem to realize. This is incredibly hard to obtain without some sort of insider info.
If you have access to direct feed audio with no commentary it’s not that hard. The full song was in the demo. I still think this is a mountain out of a mole hill

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
(Pokemon) Let's Go Gardevoir!

Still hoping for a double reveal with Incenaroar

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
OR or here me out
announce a new character and at the end annouce a smash direct detailing more new info in novemeber with a date like how they did after cloud was revealed in november for the smash direct in december
The only thing I can think of right now is the following...

- November Direct
- Introduce the final base roster characters (We know Ken and Incineroar are a shoo-in right now)
- Talk about all the other stuff they're gonna show off for Ultimate
- Introduce the first DLC fighter(s) - I can sense Geno being one of them as his appearance as the first DLC will make people buy it similar to Mewtwo

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
We'll reveal every fighter before launch preventing leaks.
Send press copies with the whole thing before doing it.
Genius.

Are we really sure about the final copies around there?

D

Deleted member

The thread right now.

Seriously, everyone is hyped and no one is sure why.
My thoughts exactly.

Why exactly is everyone freaking out? Nothing's been confirmed to be happening yet, and it isn't as if some major leak has happened...

Seriously, I don't get it.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Remember to hype responsibly ya'll. I'm not really sure what's going on aside from a menu theme but I'm happy you are all having a good time.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
LET'S GO MIN MIN!
LET'S GO AYUMI!
LET'S GO RHYTHM GIRL!
LET'S GO CHORUS KIDS!
LET'S GO KARATE JOE!
LET'S GO RHYTHM REPORTER!
LET'S GO ELMA!
LET'S GO INCINEROAR!
LET'S GO BANDANA WADDLE DEE!
LET'S GO SEGATA SANSHIRO!
LET'S GO CRASH BANDICOOT!
LET'S GO STEVE!
LET"S GO PHOENIX WRIGHT!
Woo Hoo, I'm feeling happy tonight!

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
We should keep an eye out on that guy on the right. He knows what's on the Back on the case! #BackCaseTheory

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Time to stop being analytical for just one moment and join in the fun.

PAPER MARIO IT'S BEEN OVER 4 YEARS. PLEASE COME HOME. LOVE YOU. YOU ALL KNOW I DO.
GENO I'VE WANTED YOU LOWKEY SO DAMN LONG BUT I GOT KICKED RIGHT BACK INTO HIGHKEY. CALL ME A BANDWAGONER BUT I LOVE HIM SO MUCH.
INCINEROAR I SEE YOU SO MUCH NOW BUT YOU WERE MY PIPE DREAM FROM DAY 1 I NEVER ACTUALLY THOUGHT YOU'D MAKE IT OVER DECIDUEYE BUT YOU DID GOD DAMN IT AND I LOVE YOU GOOFY IDIOT SON.
SHADOW YOU EDGY BADASS YOU MADE UP A GREAT BIT OF MY CHILDHOOD AND I WANT YOU TO JOIN MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS EVER IN MY SOON-TO-BE FAVORITE GAME EVER.
BANDANA DEE YOU GOT LEFT BEHIND BUT I'LL NEVER STOP BELIEVING IN YOU LITTLE GUY
FUNKY KONG YOU'RE NOT JUST A "MEME" YOU'RE A LOVABLE, HILARIOUS, FUN CHARACTER WHO'S A DREAM TO HAVE IN. HANG IN THERE BUDDY
STEVE BRING MY CRINGE CHILDHOOD INTO SMASH AFTER ALL THESE YEARS MY WEIRD BLOCKY KING

There's some of my dreams. Impa, Jack Frost, a RH rep, Black Knight, Chibi-Robo and more like Urbosa ttoo, but there's my hard-hitters I can see at this point.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
My thoughts exactly.

Why exactly is everyone freaking out? Nothing's been confirmed to be happening yet, and it isn't as if some major leak has happened...

Seriously, I don't get it.
If you don't get it this far into the hype, then you aren't paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom