• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Watch that joke, lest you wish to be demonetized.
Y'know, you're right. Which is why I took some time to reflect on myself, and want to issue and official apology to all of SmashBoards.

The reaction that you saw on screen was raw, it was unfiltered. I should have never posted the reply. I should have put the keyboard down and stopped typing what I was going through.

The goal of my content--

Last edited by a moderator:

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
can some one explain to me what SMASH HAS GONE GOLD means? i dont get it... also my god the nintendo ninjas nuke'd youtube... at least i downloaded the music

(offtopic but i somtimes get prediction dreams its very rare but it happens somtimes.) telling ya this since its my birthday and i had a strange dream about geno.... and now this huge strange mess is going on. just somthing to note....

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh look, my favorite MM2 Robot Master theme got a remix, that's cool. :diddy:

Well since Smash Ultimate is done with development right now.

How many of you guys bet that he may be planning DLC characters right now? Seems like now may be the ripe time, and Rex and Pyra are probably the first being worked on.
I had a small hunch Sakurai might have had some plans. Odds are he'll just announce them after the game's out.

Tomorrow. Something has to happen tomorrow. I'm super sure now.
Whether it'll have anything to do with the Montreal arcade bar event or not is the only question.

I don't think we're quite at crash capacity.

...Yet.
The site crashes whenever someone does so much as sneeze too loud. This wouldn't be much different.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Tomorrow. Something has to happen tomorrow. I'm super sure now.
Yes, it's totally tomorrow! ...Based on nothing but outside knowledge being presented. :4pacman: Optimism is great, but try to gamble it all away.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
can some one explain to me what SMASH HAS GONE GOLD means? i dont get it... also my god the nintendo ninjas nuke'd youtube... at least i downloaded the music
Guys are making game.
Guys finish making game.
Guys wait until release date to sell game.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
The phrase "goes gold" comes from the term "gold master", which is a version of the game that its publisher has determined is good enough to be shipped to stores. So when a game "goes gold", it means that development on the game is done, and the game is ready to be sold.

beans

Smash Lord
Sakurai cant beat every single leaker
So he gonna beat all youtube up so they cant leak there

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I'm not totally familiar with how the site works, but the response headers were updated.
The last time this was updated was on the 6th of August.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
When a game "goes gold", it means that they're done with the base game and are currently manufacturing discs/carts.

For the purpose of leaks, it means that very soon-- possibly already-- actual full copies of the game are going to be in the wild for leakers to find.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

(offtopic but i somtimes get prediction dreams its very rare but it happens somtimes.) telling ya this since its my birthday and i had a strange dream about geno.... and now this huge strange mess is going on. just somthing to note....
It means that the game has finished development and is (basically) ready for release.

D

Deleted member

I wanna take this time to mention that Enter The Gungeon is a really good game and it's on the eShop for $14.99. :)
Speaking of which, trophy representation for Gungeon should be a definite thing for Smash Ultimate.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Yes, it's totally tomorrow! ...Based on nothing but outside knowledge being presented. :4pacman: Optimism is great, but try to gamble it all away.
Hey, if I'm wrong I'm wrong and there's no skin off my nose. I survive and continue to wait for the game.

It costs nothing to have hope that anything is happening. Just like it costs nothing to let people get excited when exciting things come to pass.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Me: "Why can't people enjoy the menu music for the first time when they get the game?"
Also me: "Looks at 1000+ post history speculating over characters, leaks, rumors."

Iridium

Smash Hero
What we don't want to see happen (:troll:): "As a result of the, erm, "issue" yesterday, we have decided to hold back the game a couple a of months. Thank you, and have a wonderful day."

What we want to see happen: "Uh, let's get going with this? Forget what happened yesterday, and wait for the Direct next Saturday!"

Eh, neither outcome is real, but I wonder how flushed in embarrassment Nintendo is right now, if they know of the matter (which they probably do).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom