• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I'm not totally familiar with how the site works, but the response headers were updated.
The last time this was updated was on the 6th of August.
What are these exactly? It could very well push that even more that more news is on the way.

These recent couple of hours have been more exciting than the last 3 weeks.

Untouch

Smash Master
The what headers? I'm not sure I know what you mean.
When you send a POST or GET request to an HTML page, you get some headers in return through whatever you're using.
They updated what you get in return, and they haven't updated this since August 6th which is 2 days before a direct. Right now we're also 2 days before a suspected direct.

Sorry this is a bit hard to explain unless you've dabbled in web development.

Last edited:

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
The phrase "goes gold" comes from the term "gold master", which is a version of the game that its publisher has determined is good enough to be shipped to stores. So when a game "goes gold", it means that development on the game is done, and the game is ready to be sold.
so does that mean smash ultimates birthday is on the same day as mine?
Also thanks for the responce , i wonder if they fix Wolfs Lower jaw , and young links hair, cause my god.... its cringe level each time i look at wolfs lower jaw , just like ridley in smash 4.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
What we don't want to see happen (:troll:): "As a result of the, erm, "issue" yesterday, we have decided to hold back the game a couple a of months. Thank you, and have a wonderful day."

What we want to see happen: "Uh, let's get going with this? Forget what happened yesterday, and wait for the Direct next Saturday!"

Eh, neither outcome is real, but I wonder how flushed in embarrassment Nintendo is right now, if they know of the matter (which they probably do).
You know with things like this I can't imagine Nintendo's too concerned.

Secret's out, but they're still going to be raking millions from this game for years to come.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
so does that mean smash ultimates birthday is on the same day as mine?
Also thanks for the responce , i wonder if they fix Wolfs Lower jaw , and young links hair, cause my god.... its cringe level each time i look at wolfs lower jaw , just like ridley in smash 4.
It means people are now receiving and seeing full versions of the game, so a full on leak is very possible in the future

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Youtube crashed, direct is cancelled. Pack it up boys.

Unless Nintendo goes to *******.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hey, if I'm wrong I'm wrong and there's no skin off my nose. I survive and continue to wait for the game.

It costs nothing to have hope that anything is happening. Just like it costs nothing to let people get excited when exciting things come to pass.

You tell 'em.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
I wanna take this time to mention that Enter The Gungeon is a really good game and it's on the eShop for $14.99. :)
Speaking of which, trophy representation for Gungeon should be a definite thing for Smash Ultimate.
I agree it’s a great fun game!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
He's next to Ridley though, which makes no sense both in terms of when the character was introduced or when in series.
You expected Black Shadow to be Falcon's echo, but he is in fact Ridley's. Don't ask how that works.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
You know with things like this I can't imagine Nintendo's too concerned.

Secret's out, but they're still going to be raking millions from this game for years to come.
Sakurai would get pissed though if this game leaked before the next direct. That's why I hope it's Thursday. I don't think this will last another week.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The video is still up, but the playlist it was on is gone. Not that it means anything
People are probably freaking the guy out on his discord.
tHe nINtEnDo niNjAs aRE cOmInG FOr yOu mAN!!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I know I’m late but Youtube crashed. What is happening here?
As dr strange would say

“We’re in the end game now”

Smash bros ultimate can official be leaked now full copy’s are grabable to the leakers hiding in Nintendo and find the rest of the characters “it’s gone gold” basicly

And we got possibly either leaked music or the post of the day is the menu theme and it’s the best one to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom