• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
My Leaks?! You can have it if you want it.
1539730251945.jpeg

Go find it! I left all the juicy Smash information all in One Leak.

Last edited:

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
Taken from SmashWiki's "List of rumors" page:

Nintendo Event at Arcade MTL
On October 16th, the Facebook page for the Montreal-based "barcade", Arcade MTL, posted a countdown page depicting a Nintendo Switch event for a secret game that not even the bar's owners were allowed to know about. Some fans speculated that this might be a viewing party set-up for a possible upcoming Smash Bros. Direct coming on Thursday the 18th of October. So far, only Nintendo of Canada have any info on this mystery event as Nintendo of America have yet to comment on it.
I was already made aware of it from PapaGeno's latest video. Anyways, if homework and assignments no longer get in my way by Thursday evening, which they most likely should, I'll try to sneak in there since I live in Montreal, unless this is some sort of private event. But I've checked and I find it quite conspicuous that this event lands on a Thursday, which is the only weekday during which free public entrance to Arcade MTL is allowed during the evening, more specifically from 5 to 7 PM. I haven't made this up, you can check that on Arcade MTL's official Facebook page*, for which I'll give a link to y'all: (https://www.facebook.com/pg/ArcadeMTL/posts/) So to all my fellow Smashers from Montreal, you might want to jump on the occasion, assuming my guess that this event may be open to the public turns out correct. But don't get your hopes too high, this may mean nothing.

*FYI, it's the first post you'll find on the page, which is pinned since it dates all the way back to last year.

Last edited:

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for posting so soon after my other one, but who brought up the fact that there is a real leak out there, and are there any that seem plausible to be the real one? I had kinda assumed that there was a real one out there in the haystack of fake ones, but didn't expect it to actually be a thing.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
He did say he thinks it's image based, as that's what would most likely draw attention.

I mean if the guys claim to credibility here is he knew about cloud. thats what im hearing here i havent seen proof of that myself.

is it safe to assume he might have square sources? as in it might be the square character vergebens been extra careful about leaked somewhere?

IF the ken leak is real and that isnt the one to "ruffle feathers" then surely the square character would be the big one that could do that right?

geno bias going in full overdrive haha

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
tfw my current two most wanted characters are doomguy (lacks japanese appeal) and slime (lacks western appeal)
maybe some day
though i think DQs popularity in the west could be a major reason why SE wants the character in smash, they want to promote the series
I think it makes sense from a business perspective.
If Yuji Horii is dead serious on making DQ popular in the west, then he did approach Sakurai on time. It wouldn't have been the first time those two have a conversation.

Dang... Doom was such an important part of my gaming life. I really want Doomguy as well.
I'm so happy I got a Switch, because the 2nd game I'm getting is Doom. Can't play it on PC as it's not powerful enough.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I was already made aware of it from PapaGeno's latest video. Anyways, if homework and assignments no longer get in my way by Thursday evening, which they most likely should, I'll try to sneak in there since I live in Montreal, unless this is some sort of private event. But I've checked and I find it quite conspicuous that this event lands on a Thursday, which is the only weekday during which free public entrance to Arcade MTL is allowed during the evening, more specifically from 5 to 7 PM. I haven't made this up, you can check that on Arcade MTL's official Facebook page*, for which I'll give a link to y'all: (https://www.facebook.com/pg/ArcadeMTL/posts/) So to all my fellow Smashers from Montreal, you might want to jump on the occasion, assuming my guess that this event may be open to the public turns out correct. But don't get your hopes too high, this may mean nothing.

*FYI, it's the first post you'll find on the page, which is pinned since it dates all the way back to last year.
You're doing the Lord's word.

Please see if you can record whatever it is and post it, if you can. They said no "streaming" but unless there's a prohibition on all recording in general, I'm sure you could maybe sneak some cell phone camera footage.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Holy smokes this thread got really active, can someone give me a rundown of what’s going on?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Even though Verge mentioned Ken, still I kind of would prefer if Ken wasnt added.. Im just not interested in him, thats all.

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
And I am so sick and tired of hearing about these stupid "leaks" made by these losers, get a life!! I have better things to do than worry about what these neckbeards are posting leaks on the internet... As for Youtube, I have better things to watch there too because none of these losers talking about Smash are entertaining they are boring!

I can definitely tell you what characters I would love to see, and I hope to see them revealed soon.. And I hope there really is more Smash info soon, till then peace.
It was just posted but it's still extremely relevant given the above.

If you don't like leaks then what are you doing here?

google chrom

Smash Apprentice

please give the most detailed report afterward
i don't want you recording and getting nintendo'd

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Can anyone maybe reverse image search the renders of Skull Kid, Rayman and Waddle Dee? I have a strong feeling it’s that one

TeamFlareZakk

The only leaks I am willing to believe in, are the ones that include Medusa because those seem like the most logical ones.

Last edited:

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
A credible source is saying that a legit leak has emerged.
Problem is, it's hiding among all of the fake ones..
Oh yikes, how on earth do we even narrow that down?? Did they give any hints or clues, also do you have source for that I could check?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Oh yikes, how on earth do we even narrow that down?? Did they give any hints or clues, also do you have source for that I could check?
Other than it's not necessarily the ken leak... it's something more recent, like less than a month ago
So if we're really gonna play Leak Clues, I gotta bust out my handy dandy notebook!
View attachment 170214
Chair = Skull Kid Confirmed

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Late to the Pokemon Trainer argument before, but respawn invicibility generally last two seconds, right? And Pokemon Switch is 40 frames, which is less then a second.

So unless I got something wrong, you could theoretically switch twice before the invincibility wears off. So you can solo main a pokemon if you wanted, it'd just be suboptimal.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Really? What am doing here? To talk about Super Smash Bros duh!

And thats just what Im going to do, because I'm the best in the world when it comes to everything Super Smash Bros!
ok buddy

Just note the title of this thread specifically warns all users that leaks can and probably will be discussed here. So if you don't like leaks, your complaining isn't going to stop anyone posting them or discussing them, and the best thing to do would be to refrain from constantly complaining about them.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
The Agnes one. Unless they were both from the same person.
If it's around the time of Agnes, I think one of these would be the ones you're referring to:

EDIT:
I mean if the guys claim to credibility here is he knew about cloud. thats what im hearing here i havent seen proof of that myself.

is it safe to assume he might have square sources? as in it might be the square character vergebens been extra careful about leaked somewhere?

IF the ken leak is real and that isnt the one to "ruffle feathers" then surely the square character would be the big one that could do that right?

geno bias going in full overdrive haha
From what I read, he had a NeoGaf post where he said a blonde protagonist something the day before Cloud was announced, and then later mentioned the date. I guess--given what I found when trying to look at his credibility. It's not much.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Medusa is the one character I am looking forward to seeing in Super Smash Bros the most, hope to see her soon in a Smash Direct.

Medusa 6.png

Oh and yes, I do plan to main her in Smash Ultimate.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Blues Clues must have lasted a little while then. I certainly watched it all the time as a kid, I have the plushies to prove it!
The original run went from 1996 to 2002 and then there was a continuation with a new host afterwards until 2006(?). Was totally my childhood too and have the plush to prove it :p

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
The original run went from 1996 to 2002 and then there was a continuation with a new host afterwards until 2006(?). Was totally my childhood too and have the plush to prove it :p
Oh yeah I remember that! I must've watched a lot of reruns because I vividly remember both Steve and Joe.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't recall any legit-looking image leaks other than Ken and Sassy Geno.

As much as I want Skull Kid, those Skull Kid on Battlefield images look fake, with his awkward stance, kick, and it looking just like his Assist Trophy model. That would make BWD fake as well since he's with one of the Skull Kiddo images, and Rayman may be fake too if it's the same guy.

The Banjo-Kazooie ones also look off, with the only good-looking one being the one where Banjo and Kazooie are mad at each other, and even then someone showed that they could have just edited official Banjo-Kazooie renders that have existed since their original game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom