• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I expect Geno to appear again in some form, be it character, Mii costume, assist, or normal trophy.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Aww, so sweet!

and if it sweetens the deal, Daisy is absolutely going to be one of my mains when I eventually get a Switch and also Smash U
Be still my beating heart!

why do I keep falling for gay girls.

D

Deleted member

The Court of Krypton scene from Superman:The Movie, but Jor El is Sakurai, Zod is Waluigi, Ursa Ashley and the other Shovel Knight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
The heck is a Star Link, dont you mean a new Star Fox game came out? :p
It's a new Zelda game in a futuristic setting where Link explores the universe with a mystical spaceship made by an ancient mysterious civilization.

(it's an ubisoft game with starfox characters as a bonus for the switch version)

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
So we have no idea what the "real" leak out there could be?

I feel like it has to be either:
1. something out there and not often guessed.
2. something very specific.
3. an image leak.

I cant imagine like a random "this character is in" leak causing any issue...

honestly leaning towards image leak cause i dont think nintendo usually even considered "text leaks" as real instances of something "leaking" cause its still up in the air if its true or not until we "see" the proof.

seems to be how they treat whether something "leaked" or not as far as ive seen from them, sakurai seemed to be happy with E3 cause there were "no leaks" yet we knew about simon at that point... but we hadnt SEEN him for sure.

D

Deleted member

it's spposed to be the generic music logo of songs not belonging to a particular series represented by a playable character
Oh. So if Geno gets in with that logo, than anyone could get in? I'm confused.

Last edited by a moderator:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Dragon Quest has a top of IP holders to go through to get all kinds of content in Smash alone.

It doesn't mean much.

Though I'd love to have a playable Slime, really.
This is sadly true. But if I'm not mistaken it's 3 IP holders.

Sugiyama (music and really tough nail)
Toriyama (art, can't be too hard or expensive)
Horii (DQ itself).

Btw I found out Japanese people love the idea, but strangely enough, they hold western popularity as defining factor (so they don't think it's as likely as Geno or Sora).

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord

3. an image leak.

honestly leaning towards image leak cause i dont think nintendo usually even considered "text leaks" as real instances of something "leaking" cause its still up in the air if its true or not until we "see" the proof.

seems to be how they treat whether something "leaked" or not as far as ive seen from them, sakurai seemed to be happy with E3 cause there were "no leaks" yet we knew about simon at that point... but we hadnt SEEN him for sure.
I think i said before, theres alot of leaks to pick from but just saying one is real we generally do consider Vergeben and The Ken Leak (i dont but still) to be legitimate. It isnt alot to go off of if you ask me.

Edit: Plus with the way that speculation has been replaced with fake leaking, itd be like finding a needle in a haystack... a haystack the size of mt everest.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Tomodachi Life got a logo despite not having a character... It has a stage though, maybe it's that (it probably has a logo in the music section)
By the way, that logo may be used as a placeholder until the character is actually revealed.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I think that High Voltage pre-Splatoon game was cancelled due entirely to a text leak from an employee. I don't believe any images were shown.

D

Deleted member

This is how i imagine Sakurai turning potential fighters into assist trophies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Oh. So if Geno gets in with that logo, than anyone could get in? I'm confused.
It would be viewed as a soft disconfirmation of Geno being the SE rep, as Geno and/or a SMRPG stage would likely have a unique logo instead of a generic music note.

Although, if Geno hasn't been revealed yet, then I have no idea why they'd spoil the logo in the first place. You might as well hold up a giant sign that says "Hey! Geno's in Smash!"

Untouch

Smash Master
This is sadly true. But if I'm not mistaken it's 3 IP holders.

Sugiyama (music and really tough nail)
Toriyama (art, can't be too hard or expensive)
Horii (DQ itself).

Btw I found out Japanese people love the idea, but strangely enough, they hold western popularity as defining factor (so they don't think it's as likely as Geno or Sora).
tfw my current two most wanted characters are doomguy (lacks japanese appeal) and slime (lacks western appeal)
maybe some day
though i think DQs popularity in the west could be a major reason why SE wants the character in smash, they want to promote the series

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I'm fairly certain that if there is a leak out there that'd ruffle feathers it would be the Ken one that shows the debug menu (yes I know they say it wasn't Ken, but if they're not going to say who or what it was I think it's fair game to say it could be). That would be very concerning to know an employee with a build like that is taking screenshots and leaking them. Anything else is too ambiguous and has pretty much been dismissed at this point.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

3. an image leak.

He did say he thinks it's image based, as that's what would most likely draw attention.

Untouch

Smash Master
Seems to me a lot of what the guy is saying is pure guesses.
He doesn't think that a text leak would draw the attention of Nintendo and thinks that Nintendo would already know about the Ken leak.
A lot of assumptions here.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Bar none my least favorite character to play against (plz no hate Zinith Zinith Zinith Zinith ) is Yoshi. I find him exceedingly annoying to play against, his forward air in particular makes me want to chew lead.
If anything, the fact that he gets complaints from so many players shows how criminally underrated he is. His forward air is easily the equal to that of Mario's, but he never gets the credit...

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice
Best part about Chrono being a part of Smash is that they could maybe pull a Goku scare on us for his reveal trailer

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Wasn’t there a Banjo image leak that was never debunked?
If you're talking about sausage finger Banjo, technically it wasn't (I don't think), but it still looked "off". Can't link to any images, as they disappeared a while ago (was trying to search for it earlier to make fun of the sausage fingers)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Oh I don't have it that's why I'm asking. It came out around the same time as the Tales character image leak.
Are you talking about sausage fingers Banjo? Because I'm pretty sure tha one's fake...
Best part about Chrono being a part of Smash is that they could maybe pull a Goku scare on us for his reveal trailer
That'd be legit hilarious
The Agnes one. Unless they were both from the same person.
Pretty sure that one was made to cash in on the Agnes leak.

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Well it's nice having something actually interesting to discuss for once, and pieces being moved around by Nintendo (the bar)...it's clear an announcement or a leak is coming very very soon, and it's up to Sakurai which one comes first.

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
Even better part, he could legitimately have a Goku pallet, just change his clothes to orange, his hair to black, and give him the Red Katana weapon and boom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom