• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Could it be that one leak with Celica?
the one that also predicted the August Direct and Ashley being an Assist?
Oh man. I’d love Celica to be in but the backlash Sakurai would get for adding another FE character. Not worth it. Unless she’s a Robin echo

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Alright. Who were your mains in previous Smash games? Who do you think you'll main in Smash Ultimate?

Smash 64: :kirby64::pikachu64:
Melee: :younglinkmelee::kirbymelee::pikachumelee:
Brawl: :lucario::kirby2::squirtle::rob:
Smash Wii U: :4lucario::4littlemac::4cloud2::4rob::4villager::4kirby:
Smash Ultimate: :ultlucario::ultyounglink::ultdaisy::ultisabelle::ultcloud::ultlittlemac::ultinkling::ultpokemontrainer::ultrob::ultkirby::ultpikachu:

I can't drop Kirby I guess.
64: :pikachu64::yoshi64:

I never really played Melee so skipping over to Brawl
Brawl::wolf::fox:

Wii U/3DS: :4mewtwo::4charizard:

Ultimate::ultmewtwo::ultridley::ultwolf:

EDIT: Idon Idon I meant that as a joke but I guess I wasn't clear enough. My bad.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Guys, I don't actually think you main 10+ characters.
Depending on how seriously you take this game, it's totally possible.

I main like 3/4 of the cast in Injustice 2 because I just like playing Mortal Kombat with all my favorite DC characters. I don't intend on playing it competitively outside of locals with friends and the occasional ranked match.

Untouch

Smash Master
Sounds like the leak hasn't even surfaced?
Maybe it's something to do with what LeakyPandy is saying.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
If Decidueye, Geno, Shadow, Dixie and Medusa were the last characters left to be announced, I would be satisfied.

Even if Isaac was revealed to be a assist trophy, still.. (if he has the beard, there may be some hope for Matthew)

Speaking of assist trophies, I would like there to be some sort of thing where we can switch certain assist trophies and Pokeball Pokemon on/off.. There are alot of them and sometimes there are certain ones I wish to see more than others.. Example, the flying underwear beast that was there since Brawl that moves the screen, I want to shut that one off!

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
It wouldn’t be the Ken leak right? Surely Nintendo must have seen/heard about that by now if it’s legit

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh man. I’d love Celica to be in but the backlash Sakurai would get for adding another FE character. Not worth it. Unless she’s a Robin echo
What are you talking about, she's worth it FOR the salt she'd cause.

D

Deleted member

I miss when people made actually fun fake leaks.

Remember those fake Smash 4 leaks where they photoshopped stuff like Bubsy or Cory Baxter just to make anyone smile?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What are you talking about, she's worth it FOR the salt she'd cause.
And I would main her.

Partially because SoV is criminally underrated and one of the best Fire Emblem games ever. But partially because I'd enjoy defending her against the inevitable wave of whiners telling me she shouldn't even be in the game.

I think that's legitimately the only reason I started playing Corrin since getting back into Smash 4. Like a figurative middle finger to the FE hate.

osby

Smash Obsessed
And I would main her.

Partially because SoV is criminally underrated and one of the best Fire Emblem games ever. But partially because I'd enjoy defending her against the inevitable wave of whiners telling me she shouldn't even be in the game.

I think that's legitimately the only reason I started playing Corrin since getting back into Smash 4. Like a figurative middle finger to the FE hate.
Same. Heck, I didn't even liked Corrin before I was defending her, but because half of the hate was really stupid. Also I can't imagine not liking how Celica plays, and I'd main her despite that.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...y-the-music-died.73893/page-126#post-13865225

They're being even more vague here.
Basically, there's a real leak out there, likely a real image leak. He doesn't know what one.
Then it has to be the Ken Leak...
That gives us a bird replacement.

...But what truly gives us a bear?
Bear Hugger From Punch-Out
Wait... He's Canadian... Oh my goodness Bear Hugger's gonna be announced at that bar... it all makes sense now

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
People are misinterpreting what he's saying with the "ruffled feathers" thing.
He isn't saying that it WILL ruffle feathers, that it has within Nintendo or the Leaking community.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Which Fire Emblem game should i start with?
Awakening. Other FE purists will chew me out for saying it, but seriously, Awakening is the easiest and most welcoming starting point for a new FE player.

Untouch

Smash Master
He's saying it isn't the Ken leak.
I can't think of any picture leak recently that's already been debunked.

D

Deleted member

Aku Aku has feathers too

Crash confirmed... Right? Anyone?

... Ok, maybe not.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
But to put it more seriously I'm thinking I'll mostly stick to Mega Man, Ryu and some 3rd and 4th as pocket characters, if I'm playing "seriously", I don't Smash competitively anyway though.

:ultmegaman::ultryu:

I'm hoping that I'll like fighting with Ridley or Simon, but they might only be used occasionally if they don't mesh well with me.

D

Deleted member

https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...y-the-music-died.73893/page-126#post-13865225

They're being even more vague here.
Basically, there's a real leak out there, likely a real image leak. He doesn't know what one.
The only image leak that's practically a "real" one is the Ken leak. Echo Fighter or not, he still is a pretty big deal, since we're talking about the OG clone AND another 3rd party character. Tie that in with the huge love that Street Fighter is getting in Smash Ultimate, that one image with Pichu, Ivysaur and Pac-Man is the only thing we can go off of.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Then it has to be the Ken Leak...
Personally? I really doubt it's Ken.

From what this guy and the other dude @TotsBS linked this sounds like it was a recent leak, especially with the guy saying "new".

I still think the Ken leak is legit but I don't know if it's the one causing a supposed "ruffling of feathers" at Nintendo/the leaker community.

D

Deleted member

So here's an off-topic question loosely related to hype:

What're the games you were the most hyped for ever?

I wonder how many people here will answer with a Smash game.
The last time I can remember being super hyped for a game was for Mortal Kombat X. Still definitely my favorite NRS game, Injustice 2 just isn't as fun to play IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Personally? I really doubt it's Ken.

From what this guy and the other dude @TotsBS linked this sounds like it was a recent leak, especially with the guy saying "new".

I still think the Ken leak is legit but I don't know if it's the one causing a supposed "ruffling of feathers" at Nintendo/the leaker community.
Hmm... so what intriguing "leak images" have popped up on 4chan less than a week ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom