• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just realized that we have mammals, birds, amphibians, reptiles, and even plants as fighters in Smash. But we don't have any insects or arachnids! Let's get some creepy crawlies in Smash!
Or a cat.
Unless you think Mewtwo's a cat, I see him as more of an alien fetus.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah well I bet she doesn't even breathe fire.

Or have
DRAMATIC. BRITISH. PROSE.
She does, in fact! And has a knack for dramatic prose herself.

D

Deleted member

If this shocks you that much, I'd advice you against making a picture search.
Welp. I tempted fate and looked it up. Please tell me the maid is not the little girl with purple hair. Otherwise, I've got some Exterminatus to declare.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
She does, in fact! And has a knack for dramatic prose herself.

Dammit.
There appear to be more dragons that wax poetic than I had thought.

I just realized that we have mammals, birds, amphibians, reptiles, and even plants as fighters in Smash. But we don't have any insects or arachnids! Let's get some creepy crawlies in Smash!
Just putting it out there.
Scizor satisfies the mecha community, the bug community, and the "I wanna punch things in the face" community.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
*shrugs* I only know a little from my brother.
A likely story.

Nobody's judging here. Just admit it's your favorite show and you watch it every night before bed.

Just putting it out there.
Scizor satisfies the mecha community, the bug community, and the "I wanna punch things in the face" community.
And it's one of my top three favorite Pokemon.

I'm game.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Or a cat.
Unless you think Mewtwo's a cat, I see him as more of an alien fetus.
A cat is a mammal. I was more talking about the Classes within the Animal Kingdom. Mammals are quite abundant on the roster, obviously with all the humans. But we have no arthropods. Things with an exoskeleton.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Is Eevee a cat?

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a dog or a cat. It seems to just take everyone's favorite traits of both and smush them together into one impossibly adorable being.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Incineroar is a cat.
You.
I like you.
Is Eevee a cat?

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a dog or a cat. It seems to just take everyone's favorite traits of both and smush them together into one impossibly adorable being.
It's a cat...dog...fox...thing.

I like Pikachu more than Eevee *Hides in Pika-Bunker*

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Pfft, you guys have no taste. The best video game dragon is clearly Chari- oh right.

Anyway this is the best real dragon.
Is Eevee a cat?

It's a fennec fox.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Is Eevee a cat?

Pretty sure Eevee is a fox.

That or a generic cat/dog hybrid animal that isn't really meant to be either.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I still feel bad for Ashley fans and fans of Warioware in general. The Warioware series actually sells better than Metroid, yet it couldn't even get another character.
So the same thing happened to Metroid and Donkey Kong during last game. I'd love Ashley and WarioWare definitely could use another playable character but sales don't dictate the roster. It still would be cool, though.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I still feel bad for Ashley fans and fans of Warioware in general. The Warioware series actually sells better than Metroid, yet it couldn't even get another character.
WarioWare doesn't have an obvious second character for everyone to rally behind. I mean, Ashley is the most popular by far, but there isn't a "this character makes the most sense to be next in line," like Diddy Kong or Palutena. Everyone is sort of equal in the WarioWare cast, but nobody stands out.

osby

Smash Obsessed
WarioWare doesn't have an obvious second character for everyone to rally behind. I mean, Ashley is the most popular by far, but there isn't a "this character makes the most sense to be next in line," like Diddy Kong or Palutena. Everyone is sort of equal in the WarioWare cast, but nobody stands out.
I would propose "Greninja vs other starters" but I'm not sure if I want to start a debate.

Noipoi

Howdy!
This is reminding of all the TOTALLY LEGIT points in Ashley's favor I made a few months ago that actually meant nothing.
Yeah, she's one of the more popular WarioWare characters but so what? A popular character in a niche series is still niche.

It's funny how jaded i've become.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

Here's a good dragon for smash
and with that lets add some Dragalia Lost songs in smash

StormC

Smash Hero
I would propose "Greninja vs other starters" but I'm not sure if I want to start a debate.
In the case of Greninja you're only looking at 3 characters to choose from in XY, which isn't too bad.

WarioWare has what, 12 supporting cast members as of Gold? I think Sakurai could pick one if he had a favorite or they offered something gameplay-wise that made sense... but Ashley was the one Nintendo was actively pushing during 2015, and Sakurai passed on her anyway.

So I dunno where that leaves WarioWare, really. It's definitely a series that you would think would get a second character eventually, but Sakurai just seems uninterested in addressing it. give us orbulon pls

osby

Smash Obsessed
This is reminding of all the TOTALLY LEGIT points in Ashley's favor I made a few months ago that actually meant nothing.
Yeah, she's one of the more popular WarioWare characters but so what? A popular character in a niche series is still niche.

It's funny how jaded i've become.
Hey, there are already popular characters from niche series in Smash. Just wait until next time, that might be her chance.

In the case of Greninja you're only looking at 3 characters to choose from in XY, which isn't too bad.

WarioWare has what, 12 supporting cast members as of Gold? I think Sakurai could pick one if he had a favorite or they offered something gameplay-wise that made sense... but Ashley was the one Nintendo was actively pushing during 2015, and Sakurai passed on her anyway.

So I dunno where that leaves WarioWare, really. It's definitely a series that you would think would get a second character eventually, but Sakurai just seems uninterested in addressing it. give us orbulon pls
Dunno, picking Ashley from all these characters to be an Assist Trophy didn't seem like a hard decision. Also, we don't know how many Pokemon were send to Sakurai.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Seriously, I don't know why they wouldn't sell us alternate costumes.

Like ****, why would you use your art team to make goddamn MII OUTFITS, instead of actual things people will pay way more money for?
I would totally be up to buying alt outfits for existing characters. It’s something I wanted in Smash 4.

My top picks are:

:ultfalcon: Helmetless Falcon
:ultbowser: Dry Bowser or Meowser
:ultcloud: Dross Cressing Cloud
:ultfalco::ultfox: Melee Falco and Fox
:ultganondorf: TP Ganondorf (hey I’m a fan of him)
:ultkrool: Any alt
:ultkirby: Yarn Kirby
:ultlink: Knight Outfit
:ultmario: Boxer Shorts Mario
:ultmewtwo: Armored Mewtwo (we got Ash-Greninja in some form)
:ultpeach: Wedding Peafh
:ultpichu: Spiked Eared Pikachu
:ultrob: Ancient Magister
:ultryu: Evil Ryu
:ulttoonlink: Conductor Link
:ultzss: Military Outfit Zamus

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
On the topic of dragons, let's just appreciate GBA FE's dragons for a second.

Man, comparing the Wyvern Rider/Lord to the Wyvern Knight really shows how much FE's sprites improved between the Binding Blade and the Sacred Stones. Wyvern Riders still look good to this day, but the Wyvern Knight is just so goshdang fluid.

Eat your hearts out FE haters.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I assure you that if Nintendo EAD and R&D werent so super protective over the use of their characters from different teams you would see Wario characters more often in Mario spin off titles back then

D

Deleted member

I wanr the Samus Returns Varia and Gravity suit as an alternate costume for Samus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom