• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
...I almost missed a conversation about Agumon because I was too busy playing New Mystery of the Emblem.

Shame on me!
(By the way, "Tearing Shadows" is awesome and should be included in Smash Bros.)
Tearing Shadows is easily one of New Mystery's best songs. I'd love to have it and Dark Emperor Hardin's Theme in Smash.

D

Deleted member

It is. But it was actually my first one, so I have an emotional attachment to it. Plus I liked the gritty aesthetic.

I seem to have a thing for black sheep, apparently. (Days of Ruin, Resident Evil 5, Dragon Age 2, Twilight Princess, Bionic Commando in general...)
I seem to have this thing about not liking games that have dating elements like Persona and Fire Emblems Awakening and Fates. Also, funny that you consider Twilight Princess a Black Sheep. Last I checked that title belonged to Skyward Sword.
I got a good dragon pic if you wanted to see... >:]
Dear God, please restrain yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Been playing the Luigi’s Mansion remake on 3DS for the first time

It’s a great game for sure but I don’t get why everyone prefers it over Dark Moon. It was way more mechanically interesting and varied. It also had way more content with the multiplayer mode and being roughly twice as long as the original. the portrait ghosts are about the only thing I’d say the first game does better but their absence hardly ruins Dark Moon like i’ve seen so many people claim
Being taken out of the experience after a mission ends over and over again is annoying. I also dislike the Music in Dark Moon. The original has a much more creepier vibe to it.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
THERE IS A TIME AND A PLACE FOR THIS STUFF

THIS IS NEITHER THE TIME NOR PLACE
Aw...

KMDP

Smash Legend
funny that you consider Twilight Princess a Black Sheep. Last I checked that title belonged to Skyward Sword.
Console Zelda games that are big departures from the previous one tend to be hated on until the next game comes out.

See: Adventure of Link after the Original, Majora's Mask after Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker after Majora's Mask/Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess after Wind Waker, then Skyward Sword after Twilight Princess.

I'm fairly sure Breath of the Wild is the first console Zelda game to be universally beloved upon release in a while.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I seem to have this thing about not liking games that have dating elements like Persona and Fire Emblems Awakening and Fates. Also, funny that you consider Twilight Princess a Black Sheep. Last I checked that title belonged to Skyward Sword.
They're both black sheep for completely different reasons. But I feel as though both are looked down upon by the greater community.

Which is also funny considering they both took home multiple GOTY awards at the time of release.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Make way for the best video game dragon

Alduin aint got **** on Grigori.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Console Zelda games that are big departures from the previous one tend to be hated on until the next game comes out.

See: Adventure of Link after the Original, Majora's Mask after Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker after Majora's Mask/Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess after Wind Waker, then Skyward Sword after Twilight Princess.

I'm fairly sure Breath of the Wild is the first console Zelda game to be universally beloved upon release in a while.
Ah, the Zelda Cycle. Fond memories of that.

I wouldn't be too sure about BOTW's reception, as I've seen some Zelda fans say "it's not a real Zelda game!".
How much do you want to bet that BOTW will start a new cycle?

KMDP

Smash Legend
They're both black sheep for completely different reasons. But I feel as though both are looked down upon by the greater community.

Which is also funny considering they both took home multiple GOTY awards at the time of release.
The true Zelda black sheep is and always will be Zelda 2: Adventure of Link.

Because unlike Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, Adventure of Link isn't even the same genre as the others.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
My boi is best dragon (at least as he is known in Japan) :yoshi:
Nope.

Sorry, but nothing tops Toothless. Absolutely nothing.

I like Yoshi, I really do, but Toothless is the best dragon.

There is no room for debate, there is no room for discussion.

Any argument anyone could possibly throw at me is useless.

He is too close to my heart for any other dragon to possibly hold the title of best dragon.

Toothless is the best dragon.

I am willing to fight to the death over this.

D

Deleted member

The true Zelda black sheep is and always will be Zelda 2: Adventure of Link.

Because unlike Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, Adventure of Link isn't even the same genre to the others.
True. Poor Zelda 2. I just hope that the Zelda community wises up a bit this time, but I might be asking for too much lol.
It's always time for exciting furry & scalie fun!
Define "fun".

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Nope.

He is too close to my heart for any other dragon to possibly hold the title of best dragon.

Well then prepare to die, as I'm not gonna let go of Yoshi because of a Dreamworks character (granted I like the movie and Toothless)

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well then prepare to die, as I'm not gonna let go of Yoshi because of a Dreamworks character (granted I like the movie and Toothless)
I never told you to let go of Yoshi. Keep loving Yoshi, that's fine. I'm just making it known that Toothless is the undisputed best Dragon of all time and there's no room for debate.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I never told you to let go of Yoshi. Keep loving Yoshi, that's fine. I'm just making it known that Toothless is the undisputed best Dragon of all time and there's no room for debate.
I wasn't the one who decided to jump down another users throat for declaring HIS best dragon and going, "nuh uh, MINE is the best and there's no debate!!!"

KMDP

Smash Legend
Nope.

Okay.

But have you considered Ryuko Tatsuma from My Hero Academia?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dragons are for wusses.

Killer Mech Robots for the win!
EDIT: Freaking images crapping out. Just picture a gear from Xenogears.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Nope.

It's always tough at times like this when conflicts arise. If only there was some sort of game we could settle it in...

Noipoi

Howdy!
I wasn't the one who decided to jump down another users throat for declaring HIS best dragon and going, "nuh uh, MINE is the best and there's no debate!!!"
It seems like you're making this out to be more hostile than it really is.

I absolutely adore Toothless, he's like my childhood embodied in a character, but I don't care if other people consider him "best dragon."
It's a meaningless term anyway! Dragons don't exist, none of them can be the best!

I wasn't jumping down your throat, I was making a joke. I say this crap to my friends all the time.
"Mayo is a terrible condiment. There is no debate, I will fight you over this".
It's usually spoken in a rather silly voice, I suppose it's hard to convey that over the internet.

I'm sorry if I angered you over fictional reptiles, I really don't care who anyone considers best dragon.

I'll keep loving Toothless, you'll keep loving Yoshi, and we'll forget about this rather silly debacle. Okay?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nope.

I really liked the Toothless in the movie but one part of me prefers the bratty, talking dragon in the books.

Literally who? I don't know who that is.
You don't want to know, trust me.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I just realized that we have mammals, birds, amphibians, reptiles, and even plants as fighters in Smash. But we don't have any insects or arachnids! Let's get some creepy crawlies in Smash!

D

Deleted member

Anime character. Titular character of "Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid"
Has a dragon that takes the form of a human as a maid.
More dragons arrive and yada yada hijinks ensue.
Y-You're...You're pulling my leg from my socket right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom