• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You know what I wish I was capable of? Making my own Smash game. It'd be difficult, but I'd want to do it.
If Fangames like Smash Flash 2 and Super Smash Bros Crusade exist, I'm pretty sure you could make a Smash game (I mean of course, assuming you or someone you know knows coding...).
Banjo-Kazooie, Dixie, and Bandana Dee are probably my biggest wants at the moment. I have some lowkey "never gonna happen" wants like Eggman, but at this point I'm more-or-less satisfied with the roster. I'm just getting antsy because I would like info on the game besides the roster at this point.
Oh really? Like what? Spirits mode?

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
The difference between the Gamestop "100 characters" leak and this UK online store leak is that the Gamestop "leak" was just some employee misinterpreting information/making things up. The listing is an official listing of the game on that retailer's website.

Could be a typo for 72 in which case that means no new characters at all...lel. It's either a typo for how many we have already revealed, or they're only counting newcomers and not echoes. In which case we have 3 unique newcomers left if that site is to be believed

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
You know what I wish I was capable of? Making my own Smash game. It'd be difficult, but I'd want to do it.
Gonna hijack Sakurai's body and pick the DLC characters

Get ready for Rex to torn apart by a cyberdemon in the Doomguy trailer!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The difference between the Gamestop "100 characters" leak and this UK online store leak is that the Gamestop "leak" was just some employee misinterpreting information/making things up. The listing is an official listing of the game on that retailer's website.

Could be a typo for 72 in which case that means no new characters at all...lel. It's either a typo for how many we have already revealed, or they're only counting newcomers and not echoes. In which case we have 3 unique newcomers left if that site is to be believed
What's this about a UK online store leak?

D

Deleted member

If Fangames like Smash Flash 2 and Super Smash Bros Crusade exist, I'm pretty sure you could make a Smash game (I mean of course, assuming you or someone you know knows coding...).
Yeah, not mention I'd have to find a whole team of people to work on it. Art design, Gameplay designers, Sound designers, and Play Testers. It'd take a long time too. Didn't Mega Man's moveset in SSF2 take 4 years to make?

StormC

Smash Hero
Oh really? Like what? Spirits mode?
Spirits is the big one, but I also want to know if "108 stages" is really true. Then there's All-Star, Event Matches, heck, even trophies. We haven't seen a single trophy. And I'm sure there are other new modes we don't know about. I'd also like to see how online will work this time.

I'm sure this is all coming in the inevitable November Smash Direct, but potentially having nothing all of October sorta sucks.

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
This winter is going to be so fun. Friends are coming over. Playing against friends and having a lot of siblings means some sick matches in what we call the Smash Power Hour (Even though we’d e playing it for like 2-3 hours lol). Great thing they’re coming over too. My N64 will be out to great use. Switching off between Ultimate and 64 (Japanese version as I like that version more). Ultimate can’t get here soon enough. The excitement to play with all my peeps is unbearable lol

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to cast my vote for the characters in the Resident Evil 6 logo if they have another Smash Ballot.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Spirits is the big one, but I also want to know if "108 stages" is really true. Then there's All-Star, Event Matches, heck, even trophies. We haven't seen a single trophy. And I'm sure there are other new modes we don't know about. I'd also like to see how online will work this time.

I'm sure this is all coming in the inevitable November Smash Direct, but not potentially having nothing all of October sorta sucks.
Yeah, it's strange that we still haven't seen trophies yet.
As for the Direct date, I'm honestly expecting the direct to be late this month. Nintendo needs to focus on Pokemon Let's Go in Novemeber as that's when it's coming out.
Yeah, not mention I'd have to find a whole team of people to work on it. Art design, Gameplay designers, Sound designers, and Play Testers. It'd take a long time too. Didn't Mega Man's moveset in SSF2 take 4 years to make?
It did? huh interesting.
Anyways, what would your Smash game's roster consist of?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
My right ribs are actually in pain stop making me laugh so hard with all these beautiful memes

D

Deleted member

It did? huh interesting.
Anyways, what would your Smash game's roster consist of?
Well, I'm not 100% on that, but last time I heard, the moveset was being developed waay before Mega Man actually got into Smash, so that's prbabbly a long time lol.
And I'd like to answer that, but last time I posted about my own Smash roster, I got roasted to no end :p.
But to give you an idea, it'd include more Zelda reps, less Pokemon and Fire Emblem reps, some new additions like Isaac and Spring Man, and probably a much heavy focus on 3rd party characters that necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
While you're at it, do me a solid and throw in Tofu from Resident Evil as a DLC characater.

Stay true to it's moveset, please.
no i pick leon kennedy

but re2 or re4 leon?

I'm going to cast my vote for the characters in the Resident Evil 6 logo if they have another Smash Ballot.
giraffe gettIng the succ

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think that website that says 71 fighters just took the info from the website before Isabelle was revealed.

In fact, that website seems familiar as if it was brought up before Isabelle, but I'm not sure...

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I will be on edge around that time every day until it happens
I am on edge every day at that time then the notification goes off, I get a mini heart attack, and am then inevitably disappointed with some irrelevant tweet about Fire Emblem Heroes or TWEWY surfaces... :grrr:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
So weird question that may have been posed before.. In an alternate universe where Sony werent spiteful and vindictive and it was them with a chance of a character in Smash, not Microsoft, which character do you THINK it'd be and which would you WANT it to be?

I'd think itd be Old Man Kratos, but i would want more than Anything Cole Macgrath from Infamous.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say, guys, I know it is definitely not going to happen, but if a character that was not a video game character got in to Smash, what music would you want from their series?

Personally, if Goku from Dragon Ball got in, I'd like this.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
People arguing over whose characters are more likely while my most wanted is stuck as an assist trophy. :p
Not to sound callous, but at least you know your character's fate at this time.

I'm hella stressed over knowing if any of my top 3 are even making it and just wish for the sweet release of death confirmation one way or the other at this point...whether I start DLC campaigning or am elated that they're in.

Sucks your top pick is an AT but hey, that gives them a better shot at Smash 6

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
DB has tons of great music. Gotta put in the insert song to Ultra Instinct as a remix, and the other Ultra Instinct theme too. Heck, add Jiren’s theme as well, that was a sick theme.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
So weird question that may have been posed before.. In an alternate universe where Sony werent spiteful and vindictive and it was them with a chance of a character in Smash, not Microsoft, which character do you THINK it'd be and which would you WANT it to be?

I'd think itd be Old Man Kratos, but i would want more than Anything Cole Macgrath from Infamous.
No if there was a Sony character it would be KNACK BAYBEE!

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Say, guys, I know it is definitely not going to happen, but if a character that was not a video game character got in to Smash, what music would you want from their series?

You just wanted an excuse to link that song didn't you :p still heres a thumbs up.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You just wanted an excuse to link that song didn't you :p still heres a thumbs up.
Maybe I did. Or maybe that was just the first song to come to mind.

Still, whether Goku was in or not, that would make a great track to include in Smash Bros Ultimate, don't ya think?

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird

I'd want Ralph from Wreck-It Ralph with that song that plays in the credits of the movie.

Last edited:

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman

I'd think it'd be Old Man Kratos, but i would want more than Anything Cole Macgrath from Infamous.
I created an account just to say Crash Bandicoot.
I actually don't even know if Crash is owned by Sony or not, but there was a time when he was the face of the PlayStation during the height of Nintendo and Sega's rivalry. He was as popular a mascot as Mario and Sonic, once.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I created an account just to say Crash Bandicoot.
I actually don't even know if Crash is owned by Sony or not, but there was a time when he was the face of the PlayStation during the height of Nintendo and Sega's rivalry. He was as popular a mascot as Mario and Sonic, once.
Crash is now owned by Activision.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

Probably Nathan Drake (Uncharted) or Joel/Ellie (The Last of Us)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Spongebob Squarepants:
-The F.U.N. song
-The Campfire Song song
-The pirate shanty that plays in a lot of the early Krusty Krab episodes

The Flintstones

Popeye

Scooby-Doo

Mickey Mouse: Steamboat Willy

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Maybe I did. Or maybe that was just the first song to come to mind.

Still, whether Goku was in or not, that would make a great track to include in Smash Bros Ultimate, don't ya think?
All seriousness, Goku wont be in smash but they SHOULD use that song in Jump Force. If any music froma ny of the animes in the game so far get in it has to be that. Or Stand Proud (GIMME JOJO ALREADY)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

This and Day of Fate/Spirit vs Spirit (especially if it’s the Team Four Star version)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
All seriousness, Goku wont be in smash but they SHOULD use that song in Jump Force. If any music froma ny of the animes in the game so far get in it has to be that. Or Stand Proud (GIMME JOJO ALREADY)
Ah, Jump Force. Ultimate Battle would make a great final boss battle theme for that game, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom