• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Man, the mind of a Woman is such a dull place.

That's factually wrong but ok.
Any memories you have of playing a Pikmin game are fake. Implanted by the lizardpeople controlling the government

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Big News/Leak
In Game.co uk, mentions that there will be 71 FIGHTERS IN TOTAL!

Link:https://www.game.co.uk/en/m/super-smash-bros-ultimate-limited-edition-steelbook-2493121
arent game.co the uk equivilent of gamestop who said thered be 100 total? also we got 72 already so the math is off unless they mean not including echoes. Which if that IS the case (doubt it) that means there are.... 3 unique newcomers left.

Edit: Expanding upon: Personally if were gonna go past 70 why not go straight to a round number like 75?

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
arent game.co the uk equivilent of gamestop who said thered be 100 total? also we got 72 already so the math is off unless they mean not including echoes. Which if that IS the case (doubt it) that means there are.... 3 unique newcomers left.
Three unique newcomers sounds right. Incineroar, Steve, Sora/Lara/Geno/whoever the **** the SE rep is

D

Deleted member

Game.co.uk didn't predict the blog post.

As your new Vergeben, I can confirm that there will be 80 characters on the base roster and 105 once DLC is said and done. I believe they wanted to call it CrusaDLC, but I could be mistaken.

D

Deleted member

Alright. Sakurai, just give us a ****ing Direct already. We've now gone from wondering who's left from box art to now analyzing quantum physics.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Edit: Expanding upon: Personally if were gonna go past 70 why not go straight to a round number like 75?
If that's the case, it lines up with my optimistic predictions--Incineroar, Banjo & Kazooie, Geno.

That being said, it's hard to trust a Gamestop equivalent. I've tried going on the site, but it doesn't seem to be loading properly--I get the description, not mentioning the number of fighters, and nothing else.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Well bad news that means one character is getting cut since 72 have already been confirmed.
This number could be counting the way sakurai counts. Aren't we at 68 or 69 currently according to the site?

Not really saying I believe this thing, but 71 is feasible without cuts depending on how you count.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
69. Incineroar
70. Elma / Rhythm Heaven Rep
71. Steve / Geno

If the final three consisted of any of these, I would perfectly satisfied

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Alright. Sakurai, just give us a ****ing Direct already. We've now gone from wondering who's left from box art to now analyzing quantum physics.

I usually love GameXplain's analysis videos but MY GOD whoever is doing the analysis/voice over is boring. I couldn't even get past the 1st 5 minutes.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Not going to watch a 30 minute video, but if we're analyzing quantum physics it may line up with my quantum theory--every single character possible is in Smash Ultimate, in some part of the wave function.

Nebunera

Smash Apprentice

Patience man, we last got news a month ago for Isabelle, give it some time they are going to give us something to look forward to.

Potato_

Smash Lord
This number could be counting the way sakurai counts. Aren't we at 68 or 69 currently according to the site?

Not really saying I believe this thing, but 71 is feasible without cuts depending on how you count.
Site counts it as 72 already so that deconfirms this. That also takes in consideration the way Sakurai counts it, which is counting PKMN Trainer as 1 and Mii's as 3.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Site counts it as 72 already so that deconfirms this. That also takes in consideration the way Sakurai counts it, which is counting PKMN Trainer as 1 and Mii's as 3.
I think what may have happened, since Isabelle isn't included in the description, this is using the out of date information prior to Isabelle when we were at 71 characters.

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Big News/Leak

Link:https://www.game.co.uk/en/m/super-smash-bros-ultimate-limited-edition-steelbook-2493121

Quote:

EVERY FIGHTER FROM SUPER SMASH BROS. IN ONE
In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, you can play as every single past fighter included in the Super Smash Bros. As well as including every fighter previously seen in the Super Smash Bros. game, there are even more new additions - that’s a total of 71 fighters for you to enjoy!

New fighters include Inkling from the Splatoon series and Ridley from the Metroid series. But there are many more returning fighters including Wolf, Ice Climbers, Pokémon Trainer, Mario, Fox, Zelda, and more!
We can't tell what this means because there's no context.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Will we finally get goku for smash
I am also vergeben and i say we will not get Goku, however we WILL get Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star

And this is his final smash

(you will not BELIEVE how hard it is to find a scene without any blood from this anime)

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I think what may have happened, since Isabelle isn't included in the description, this is using the out of date information prior to Isabelle when we were at 71 characters.
yeah its probably this.

or its three more unique newcomers, either wouldnt surprise me but we really cant be sure based on this.

D

Deleted member

I am also vergeben and i say we will not get Goku, however we WILL get Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star

And this is his final smash

(you will not BELIEVE how hard it is to find a scene without any blood from this anime)
Oh boy, hopefully we get Norm of the North as Kenshiro's echo!

e44.jpg

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm

I watched this video earlier. It's actually a really thorough and decent review of some stages, the rending and lighting.

Might not be for everyone, but at least they're not just making a video about every leak in the world.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Big News/Leak

Quote:

EVERY FIGHTER FROM SUPER SMASH BROS. IN ONE
In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, you can play as every single past fighter included in the Super Smash Bros. As well as including every fighter previously seen in the Super Smash Bros. game, there are even more new additions - that’s a total of 71 fighters for you to enjoy!

New fighters include Inkling from the Splatoon series and Ridley from the Metroid series. But there are many more returning fighters including Wolf, Ice Climbers, Pokémon Trainer, Mario, Fox, Zelda, and more!
Digital Content Coordinator here. There's been no press kit sent out for this game yet which means that GAME's own content team produced that description and published on their site. It means nothing.

For example, when new Apple products launch, we get the press kit immediately after the key note with all the specifications. If I wanted to, I could edit that to say whatever I want it to. I wouldn't, of course, but take anything you read on a retailers website with a huge grain of salt.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yeah, let me just shoot down the Game.com number right now.

It's counting the Roster Pre-:ultisabelle:, which the website touted as 71 since it counted Pokemon Trainer as 1 and included echoes.

How do I know this?

A. Isabelle isn't on the box for the special edition they're advertising.

B. Read this exerpt from the description:

"New fighters, like Inkling from Splatoon, Ridley from Metroid, Simon Belmont from Castlevania and King K. Rool, from the original Donkey Kong Country games make their Super Smash Bros. series debut alongside every Super Smash Bros. fighter in the series…EVER!"

it mentions all non-echoes pre-Isabelle. If it was accounting for her, they would have mentioned her by name as well. They have no reason not to.

C. It's almost the exact same description Amazon had, which also got people worked up over the number of Fighters.

So yeah, doesn't mean anything. Move along.

Last edited:

Phobos_Anomaly

Smash Cadet

For Smash tournament purposes, I'll assume it'll be an even number.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
You know, I'd say "I have no idea why anyone think Elma has even a remote chance" but that's what I said about Shulk during Sm4sh too and then he happened.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
So many boxes and websites confounding us smashers. So info starved that we rip and tear into any new piece of info we can find.
Which of course means Doomslayer confirmed for Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom