• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Alright! Sense I got the blog post right, you'll all believe me when I say that E.T. will be the final playable character, right?

I'm already half Vergeben

Iridium

Smash Hero
Alright! Sense I got the blog post right, you'll all believe me when I say that E.T. will be the final playable character, right?

Yes. I've been a firm believer that we need to represent video games in its darkest era. Also, neck stretching. That's all.

Shroob

Sup?
But yeah, with how few characters there are left, it's getting way easier to predict the blog and what characters will be shown off.

D

Deleted member

Is it the Atari Version? Sakurai's really going all out with the WTF picks huh.
Sakurai's a really big fan of the movie, so he went with that design. Don't worry though, one of his alts makes him green and blocky as a reference to the Atari version.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So based on Shulk's short video I'm a little confused...can you still go through the Monado arts the old cycle way from Wiiu/3DS?

monadoboy

Smash Lord
OKAY. I watched the video in the blog post again and

I just noticed Shulk gets Ike's (now the generic) sword sound effects. WHY? IT WAS PERFECT BEFORE. WHY WOULD A LASER SWORD SOUND THE SAME TO ALL THE OTHER SWORDS.

D

Deleted member

So based on Shulk's short video I'm a little confused...can you still go through the Monado arts the old cycle way from Wiiu/3DS?
Yes. The way works is B+directional tilt allows you to automatically select an art, while mashing B will still cycle like in Smash 4.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Sakurai's a really big fan of the movie, so he went with that design. Don't worry though, one of his alts makes him green and blocky as a reference to the Atari version.
Detailed insights into the design process, complete with Sakurai's thoughts?

You're a real leaker already!

Untouch

Smash Master

I just noticed Shulk gets Ike's (now the generic) sword sound effects. WHY? IT WAS PERFECT BEFORE. WHY WOULD A LASER SWORD SOUND THE SAME TO ALL THE OTHER SWORDS.
Probably a placeholder thing, the voices aren't in either.

Iridium

Smash Hero
He is the only fighter that can change his status during battle. His sword, the Monado, allows him to switch between five modes—Jump, Speed, Shield, Buster and Smash—which change his abilities for a short time. Fun fact: Shulk's eighth color variation puts him in a pair of swimming trunks!

This is what we wanted to know. This is what we care about.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
>no mention of Fiora being added to Shulk's FS

welp it's official, Fiora is Chrom 2(TM) :c

Shroob

Sup?
He is the only fighter that can change his status during battle. His sword, the Monado, allows him to switch between five modes—Jump, Speed, Shield, Buster and Smash—which change his abilities for a short time. Fun fact: Shulk's eighth color variation puts him in a pair of swimming trunks!

This is what we wanted to know.
Shulk's out running around in glorified underwear.

But Corrin can't show a bit of thigh.

:drshrug:

D

Deleted member

Shulk never had unique hit sounds. It was only the swinging sounds that differ. Back Slash still has its unique sounds.

We've known this since the site went live, but I guess it's officially confirmed that it's slot 8 again.

Still no green color, character's completely unplayable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Fun Fact: If there's a shirtless ANYTHING, the internet will know of it already :yoshi:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I think Shulk only has Ike's sounds because they're a placeholder. I can't imagine that they'd replace the sounds they already made with Ike's old sounds, especially considering how similar Ike and Ganon's smash attacks are now.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Anyone want to hop on my "Swimming Trunks" theory?
Every character will have one sportsy/swimming-themed alt.

And we're going to get another water-related playable character.
It's cheep cheep.
Ooh~ Palutena in a swim-suit~

Eww! Wario in a swim-suit!!!

kylexv

Smash Master
If there is one word to describe Smash Ultimate speculation, it's "Theory".

Seems like there's a new one all the time, ironic or not.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
The idea of Geno in Smash but with a basket ball moveset is way funnier than it should be. It also raises so much questions. Does he lose stocks/points if he double dribbles? How about carrying the ball? Does this confirm that the Fighting Mii Team has been replaced by the Fighting Lakers Team? Does he wear Air Jordans in this game?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Anyone want to hop on my "Swimming Trunks" theory?
Every character will have one sportsy/swimming-themed alt.

And we're going to get another water-related playable character.
It's cheep cheep.
That's gonna cause some ratings issues for some characters...
>no mention of Fiora being added to Shulk's FS

welp it's official, Fiora is Chrom 2(TM) :c
I suppose she'll get her chance another day...

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Probably a placeholder thing, the voices aren't in either.
I hope so. It's a bizarre choice. It sounded very close to the source material and takes away something unique from him.

Shulk never had unique hit sounds. It was only the swinging sounds that differ.
Yeah but now it's almost completely drowned by the hit sound. Which makes no sense. Laser shouldn't sound like a physical blade at all. It's odd considering how detailed the game tries to be.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
If there is one word to describe Smash Ultimate speculation, it's "Theory".

Seems like there's a new one all the time, ironic or not.
I think that might just be your theory.

Here's mine: Smash is just a big theory made by Sakurai on what we could have if games had crossovers like this all the time
And sand bad is a reflection of the player.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
The idea of Geno in Smash but with a basket ball moveset is way funnier than it should be. It also raises so much questions. Does he lose stocks/points if he double dribbles? How about carrying the ball? Does this confirm that the Fighting Mii Team has been replaced by the Fighting Lakers Team? Does he wear Air Jordans in this game?
And his Final Smash is "Space Jam." :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sure... but let's not lose our heads, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom