• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
I didn’t realise we were trusting random comments on 4Chan now. Fandoms make “leaks” which are predictions all the time, that doesn’t mean they actually know anything.
For clarity's sake the dude said something along the lines of "im going to post the newcomer's track early on the blog" but it doesn't really matter at this point though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BrashCandicoot

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-0606-3457
Switch FC
SW-2362-2833-3327
Tbh I still have a feeling that Incineroar will be announced in a Pokémon direct which also talks about new gen 8 games.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Place your bets folks, who is getting revealed next week?
Incineroar
I'm thinking we'll get a pokemon Direct this week, and it will end with a trailer for Incineroar
Stop acting like this.

It's already been debunked anyway, nobody HAS to do any leakbusting. Creator admitted it was fake already. Chill.
I'm just stating the facts...
This is a pretty big problem with Smash Community and it shouldn't be ignored...
Whenever a leak with popular characters pop up or something seems to be hinting at a character a lot of people want, you all treat it as gospel.
The color of chairs do not mean a character is in
You can't make your hopes turn unconfirmed leaks into fact for you...
I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I'm just trying to warn you all. If it keeps going on like this, You are all gonna be disappointed in the end...

The only leaks we should trust right now are Vergeben and any leak that outlets like Source Gaming or GameXplain report on and can't Debunk...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And here's a meme currently summarizing what a good portion of this thread wants;

Heracr055

Smash Ace
It's too early to reveal details for gen 8, so if anything a reveal would be during a Let's Go thing. Gen 8 details are likely due around March

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
My mistake, both subseries let you date ladies.

Maybe, but Jack Frost is an actual character with a personality, and is the equivalent to DQ's Slime. Chocobo is generally a steed and nothing more.

Also, here's a crazy thought: what if they reveal a SMT-verse character...

Alongside Dante?
Then if they did, I'd be pretty pissed it's not Demi-fiend. Since y'know, there's actually a connection there.
Dante stabbing Demi-fiend.gif

D

Deleted member

Then if they did, I'd be pretty pissed it's not Demi-fiend. Since y'know, there's actually a connection there.
View attachment 168634
"The kid with the black lines that have green outlines that I do not know what his name is that you like and never heard until you introduced me to him" for Smash?

I am not making fun of you for your information, I am just playing around. :3
And here's a meme currently summarizing what a good portion of this thread wants;
The Big House is not going to give any announcements. At all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Tbh I still have a feeling that Incineroar will be announced in a Pokémon direct which also talks about new gen 8 games.
Gamefreak never shows off an upcoming game before their current upcoming game has released.
They're not gonna talk about Gen 8 until a few months after Pikachu and Eevee are out. So basically February 2019.
We could get a Pokemon Direct (we won't, but I admit it's a possibility) but it won't talk about Gen 8.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Something tells me announcing a character that won't even be in LGPE in a LGPE focused direct wouldn't be the hottest method of marketing.

beans

Smash Lord
Something tells me announcing a character that won't even be in LGPE in a LGPE focused direct wouldn't be the hottest method of marketing.
The only heat coming from a move like that would be from the dumpster fire that its LGPE.
:4pacman:

Arcad5

Smash Cadet
If we are getting a direct I think we are getting 4-5 character reveals
Newcomer:
Geno
Incineroar
Skull kid
Echos:
Ken
Shadow
I really want you to be right. It would line up with leaks plus some extras, and are all generally requested characters. But I'm not optimistic enough to expect we'll get all of them, base game anyway.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
I really want you to be right. It would line up with leaks plus some extras, and are all generally requested characters. But I'm not optimistic enough to expect we'll get all of them, base game anyway.
I agree. My expectations are really low at this point trying to save myself from disappointment. I honestly hope we don’t just get ken and incineroar as our final base roster.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Well, apparently The Big House is being shown off on both the Nintendo Versus Twitter AND the Smash Bros Official Website, so I wouldn't think that a reveal would be totally unreasonable as Nintendo is obviously investing in it. I think a Direct this month will happen regardless, it's simply easier to market the game in its final weeks of pre-release when we already know all of the Direct reveal-worthy info. It's hard to leak a game that's already been fully shown off for the most part.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hey guisz remember, hype respomsibly!!!!!!1!1!!!11! and don't bewieve everything UwU
You make fun of that, but It's true...
I will bring up this leak from the smash 4 days
LEAK_(FAKE).png

Believe it or not, People actually believed this leak, just because it featured Ridley, Who was a highly requested character at that time.
Looking back on it now, it looks painfully fake. But of course, because it featured Ridley, people took it as gospel....
And let's just say they were in for a rude awakening
So Remember, Hype responsibly...
Just because Sakurai Posts an Image that looks like Golden Sun, or the color of chairs match Skull Kid, Doesn't mean it's evidence...
I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just telling you guys to heed with caution...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Don't loose all hope yet. After all, a Thursday thing would have a Tuesday announcement.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I still wonder what was the point in not revealing Kid Dracula by name. As in, what could it possibly mean, if it means anything?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 168635
Believe it or not, People actually believed this leak, just because it featured Ridley, Who was a highly requested character at that time.
Looking back on it now, it looks painfully fake. But of course, because it featured Ridley, people took it as gospel....
Just because Sakurai Posts an Image that looks like Golden Sun, or the color of chairs match Skull Kid, Doesn't mean it's evidence...
People were really desperate for Ridley, huh?

D

Deleted member

View attachment 168635
....what you said couldn't be farther from the truth.

First of all, this image in particular?
This was after the original "leak" was confirmed to be fake and this was the faker's full image.

No one "took it as gospel because Ridley".
Rather people didn't want it to be real and argued AGAINST the original leak BECAUSE of that Ridley.

Just stop with your preaching. You are at the point where you're rewriting history just to make an obnoxious point.
You weren't even there. You know nothing of what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
View attachment 168635
That's not Ridley. I don't know what that is, but that's not Ridley.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
lol are we just going to keep telling ourselves that?
....uhmmm yeah, given that they do that a lot and it's not an insane proposition.

What's with the "lol"?

Shroob

Sup?
Don't loose all hope yet. After all, a Thursday thing would have a Tuesday announcement.
The day of the week doesn't matter, frankly.

Game-specific Directs can be announced whenever as long as they're 3-5 days out.

The Splatoon2 Direct was announced 3 days prior.

The FE Warriors Direct was 5 days prior.

The Xenoblade 2 Direct was 4 days prior.

The last Smash Direct was like, 3-4 days prior.

etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom