• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Oh and picking Jack Frost over a protag is like choosing a Chocobo over Cloud. It's a terrible idea

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Yeah Nintendo Versus keeps retweeting the tournament. It's a tad unusual but I don't think indicative of an announcement at the tournament.

beans

Smash Lord
I wish it happened again but I feel like that guy got destroyed after doing it lol
Imagine being that guy. It was the tiniest mistake and it probaly cost his job. Kudos for that dude, seriously, he might be paranoid with everything now.

Untouch

Smash Master
Blog should be updated in about an hour.
I think if it updates (and it isn't related to a direct) it isn't getting announced tonight.

edit: actually there was a blog post on the 5th (when the direct was announced so that isn't 100% the case.)

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
am i being memed or are you forreal with that tinfoil
No, I'm being serious... A couple hours before the incident happened, a 4chan user claimed that we would know one of the characters that night...
I wish it happened again but I feel like that guy got destroyed after doing it lol
Yeah, I think he got fired lol...

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
It's for real.

The day it happened someone on 4chan posted that "You'll know who the new character is by tonight's song, I'll make sure of it." while posting a pic of Smash4's CD.
Can someone do that with "All of Me" or "All Hail Shadow" pretty please??? :(

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I doubt it stays exclusive, especially after 5 blew up.

Also you damn well know Atlus isn't gonna leave that portable money on the table for some bs tradition
Persona's been "blowing up" for the past decade. Hell they released Persona 4 Golden on the ****ing Vita and that was a sinking ship.

There's probably something keeping them from putting it on other consoles/PC and it's probably bigger than some Japanese coots saying "eh, it won't sell well."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's for real.

The day it happened someone on 4chan posted that "You'll know who the new character is by tonight's song, I'll make sure of it." while posting a pic of Smash4's CD.
Damn, someone should do that for "Devils Never Cry". What do you mean I desperately hoping for Dante?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's for real.

Agree to disagree, then.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well if you want something to keep speculation going, the Japanese twitter last posted 21 hours ago, so another 3 hours and see what happens. I'm off to bed.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pretty sure "Bloody Tears" was leaked on purpose...
Doesn’t seem like a Nintendo would release an unreleased Smash song a day before its official reveal alongside the new character and series joining Smash...that’s just dumb for someone to risk doing

beans

Smash Lord
Well if you want something to keep speculation going, the Japanese twitter last posted 21 hours ago, so another 3 hours and see what happens. I'm off to bed.
Oh man, cant wait till I go to sleep and the board starts blowing up with the surprise Smash Direct and the second coming of Jesus Christ

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So I'm guessing no announcement today,
But that doesn't mean there isn't gonna be anything this week.
If I were to guess when, I would say Tuesday or Wednesday
Doesn’t seem like a Nintendo would release an unreleased Smash song a day before its official reveal alongside the new character and series joining Smash...that’s just dumb for someone to risk doing
Well, they did it... a 4Chan user claimed that we would know the character by the song that night. And guess what happened?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pretty cool to think Ultimate releases in two months!

That gives me joy when I think about it.

I can not wait for the next characters coming. I feel like something will come in Halloween or close to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Pretty cool to think Ultimate releases in a month!

I can not wait for the next characters coming. I feel like something will come in Halloween or close to it.
A month, or two? I wish though...

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Pretty cool to think Ultimate releases in a month!

Not to be rude, but it is in two months.

As for people saying "no announcement yet?" eh just wait a little bit longer tonight. If nothing just assume we're back to square one and patiently wait as usual.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Did we debunk that Paper Mario leak yet?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'd peg the odds of an announcement tonight as 10% or a bit lower. If it were to happen, it'd be at grand finals just like EVO.

EVO was a case of Nintendo of America saying "hey, we are sponsoring a major Smash tournament right before the Direct, let's announce it then." Them doing the same thing if the last Direct happens to be this week is reasonably possible. (But again, overall unlikely.)

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Ahh I can't believe there's only 2 more months left. Time is flying yet feeling like it's going by at a snails pace. All I have to do is survive for 2 more months to finally see K.Rool in a new videogame after 10 long years. HURRY December 7th!!!!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There was a cute teacher you could romance in Devil Survivor?

Time to replay it

Also since they went with popularity for Final Fantasy, so Persona is more likely imo, especially when mainline Persona goes multiplat soon
My mistake, both subseries let you date ladies.

Oh and picking Jack Frost over a protag is like choosing a Chocobo over Cloud. It's a terrible idea
Maybe, but Jack Frost is an actual character with a personality, and is the equivalent to DQ's Slime. Chocobo is generally a steed and nothing more.

Also, here's a crazy thought: what if they reveal a SMT-verse character...

Alongside Dante?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
rising from my grave to say "stop expecting an announcement tonight unless you're like me and can't be disappointed anymore"

D

Deleted member

I'd peg the odds of an announcement tonight as 10% or a bit lower. If it were to happen, it'd be at grand finals just like EVO.

EVO was a case of Nintendo of America saying "hey, we are sponsoring a major Smash tournament right before the Direct, let's announce it then." Them doing the same thing if the last Direct happens to be this week is reasonably possible. (But again, overall unlikely.)
I personally think it is going to happen near Halloween.
Did we debunk that Paper Mario leak yet?
What did I miss?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Okay, so I took one look at the leak, it's fake...
Is this getting traction because it's a character everyone wants?
We went through this yesterday, Don't let you're hopes get in the way of leak busting

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, anybody else here can't pre-order the game at all? I know some locations that might have the game, so I hope I can be quick enough to find it (and that sweet controller) if it's anywhere. The guide should be a keeper too.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
So I'm guessing no announcement today,
But that doesn't mean there isn't gonna be anything this week.
If I were to guess when, I would say Tuesday or Wednesday
Well, they did it... a 4Chan user claimed that we would know the character by the song that night. And guess what happened?
I didn’t realise we were trusting random comments on 4Chan now. Randoms make “leaks” which are predictions all the time, that doesn’t mean they actually know anything.

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
My mistake, both subseries let you date ladies.

Maybe, but Jack Frost is an actual character with a personality, and is the equivalent to DQ's Slime. Chocobo is generally a steed and nothing more.

Also, here's a crazy thought: what if they reveal a SMT-verse character...

Alongside Dante?
You're getting hopes up that we are getting a SMT character trailer literaly featuring Dante from Devil May Cry. That would be acknowledging the meme and thats too good to ever happen.

beans

Smash Lord
We went through this yesterday, Don't let you're hopes get in the way of leak busting
The leak was confirmed fake already, OP came back in 4chan.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Stop acting like this.

It's already been debunked anyway, nobody HAS to do any leakbusting. Creator admitted it was fake already. Chill.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You're getting hopes up that we are getting a SMT character trailer literaly featuring Dante from Devil May Cry. That would be acknowledging the meme and thats too good to ever happen.
Well, I did say "crazy thought".

Place your bets folks, who is getting revealed next week?
I'm no betting man, so I'll just assume some reveal(s) might happen.

You wanna put money on that being an announcement of any kind? :denzel:
Nah, just saying the blog post of the day should at least be checked before bed. Embarrass

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom