• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
You know what DLC I’d love? Music packs. 10 songs for $10 for each series.
Bundle up music and Mii Costumes and that would be a nice little extra. I've never bought music packs in other games but something like for example the Heihachi outfit coming with Tekken tracks on Ryu's stage or Battlefield would be really cool.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
If they're all remixes, then I think charging the same as a fighter would be acceptable. I don't think they'd sell well at $10. If they're just ported from other games though, then I think they should go for cheaper.

D

Deleted member

After sleeping on it, I'm starting to feel like this week is most likely gonna be empty. As I've mentioned in previous posts, it just feels too soon for the final Direct given what the timing for those usually are. However, I do think we'll be getting it sometime soon, and I wouldn't be too surprised to see it arrive in another week or two at the earliest.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Okay how many dlc characters could Ultimate have?? smash 4 had 7
Assuming we have every Veteran returning and the fact that Newcomers take more time to develop, even though I think they will support this game longer than Smash Wii U, I would say 8:

Geno
Steve
Banjo Kazooie
Isaac / Rhythm heaven Rep (Whichever one isn't in base.)
Rex and Pyra
Springman
Crash Bandicoot
Bandanna Waddle Dee / Skull Kid (it's gonna be one or the other)

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
So, do you guys think we'll get a direct announcement tonight?

Hmm, there's low chance that we may get the direct announcement out of The Big House, but don't set your expection too high, guys. But, if we did get direct announcement out of that, I would be like: O boy, we're ****ing right on the money.

D

Deleted member

I mean, $10 is about what songs cost on most platforms that sell music. Doesn't sound too unreasonable to me, especially if they're remixes that come in packs of 10 or more.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Why is everyone so certain we’ll get something this week?
The character playlist on the Japanese youtube channel got mysteriously updated recently, most likely with an unlisted video we just can't see yet.

Something similar happened about a week before Isabelle got revealed, so people expect the next reveal to be soon.

Did I miss something? Why are people expecting that?
Today is Big House 8, a big smash tournament. That's really the only reason people are considering it but its extremely unlikely

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Try 10 bucks for 10 songs and a unique character and an echo and a stage.
60 bucks is getting us 900 songs and over 70 characters.

10 dollars for 10 songs would be a bit much.
I can at least say I definitely wouldn't buy them at that price.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
This game has, what, over 800+ songs in it? Do we really need music packs? I'm just saying. Thinking DLC should be more about expanding gameplay than the ambience of the gameplay. Like Stages, Characters- that sort of thing.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
This game has, what, over 800+ songs in it? Do we really need music packs? I'm just saying. Thinking DLC should be more about expanding gameplay than the ambience of the gameplay. Like Stages, Characters- that sort of thing.
I agree. The less complicated the DLC is the better IMO.
I much prefer simple packs that include characters, stages, and songs bundled together.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
As long as I'm going to use it as a Nintendo/Video game Walkman I'd be down for Music DLC.

Iridium

Smash Hero
The character playlist on the Japanese youtube channel got mysteriously updated recently, most likely with an unlisted video we just can't see yet.

Something similar happened about a week before Isabelle got revealed, so people expect the next reveal to be soon.

Today is Big House 8, a big smash tournament. That's really the only reason people are considering it but its extremely unlikely
Today is the last day though. It started on the 5th, so if there was an announcement, it would have to be by the end of today. Anyway, I'm gonna watch the Melee and SSB4 streams.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
As long as I'm going to use it as a Nintendo/Video game Walkman I'd be down for Music DLC.
I'm surprised that people are planning on using that feature. I still think the switch is a bit too big to be carrying around like an ipod or something. I'd rather just download the soundtrack and put it on a regular MP3 player.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Fam if you're buying Smash Ultimate to use it as a Walkman, you need to donate some of that money to me. I ****ing need it. :laugh:

But like Buzzwole there said, as stand alone DLC, I just don't think its a good idea.

D

Deleted member

As someone who loves video game OSTs, I'd be fine with them making music packs. Personally, I'd love to see DLC expand every area of the game they can. Game modes, characters, stages, music, you name it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm surprised that people are planning on using that feature. I still think the switch is a bit too big to be carrying around like an ipod or something. I'd rather just download the soundtrack and put it on a regular MP3 player.
I've never seen a person even take their Switch with them outside. Maybe for travels from point A to point B but to actually use it in between? :224:

If we don't get anything by Wednesday then it's pretty much guaranteed the week after we'll get an announcement.
Or the theory is wrong and we're all dumb.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If we don't get anything by Wednesday then it's pretty much guaranteed the week after we'll get an announcement.
I'm sorry to say nothing is guaranteed right now. All we have are fan theories and speculation, which has a habit of reading into things and seeing patterns that may or may not be there at all. We kinda have to wait and see, for all we know, the final Direct could still be 4-5 weeks away still.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
10 songs for $10 is essentially $0.99 a song.

Which is what you'd pay when buying them from iTunes/Amazon Music.

Really though, it should probably be more like $7.00 for 10 songs.
...10 FF songs would probably cost more. >.>

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I've never seen a person even take their Switch with them outside. Maybe for travels from point A to point B but to actually use it in between? :224:
Last flight I was on, I saw like 5 people playing Switches. It was something haha.

D

Deleted member

I've never seen a person even take their Switch with them outside. Maybe for travels from point A to point B but to actually use it in between? :224:.
I use my Switch in handheld/tabletop quite a bit, however, I don't ever take it outside. Too paranoid about it breaking/getting stolen and losing my Splatoon 2 save, lol.

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
10 songs for $10 is essentially $0.99 a song.

Which is what you'd pay when buying them from iTunes/Amazon Music.

Really though, it should probably be more like $7.00 for 10 songs.
You know, there's a good reason why lots of people just use free spotify or youtube to listen to music, they just don't care enough to pay money for it

A music only dlc would probably be the least bought dlc ever in a game where all everyone wants is more and more fighters

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
how about uhhhhh ffvii songs

also Africa by Toto
Don't forget "September" by Earth, Wind and Fire...
Technically it appeared in Elite Beat Agents and Wii Music, So it's got some Nintendo History
I'm willing to pay 100$ if it means getting more FF songs
Yeah, knowing Square, you'd get 4 Songs for $100

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know, there's a good reason why lots of people just use free spotify or youtube to listen to music, they just don't care enough to pay money for it

A music only dlc would probably be the least bought dlc ever in a game where all everyone wants is more and more fighters
That's why the fighters come with music and stages. That way, everybody wins! :D

...TBH though I would probably prefer new modes over fighters.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I'm willing to pay 100$ if it means getting more FF songs
I'm still so bummed at how half-assed Final Fantasy's inclusion feels.
Cloud himself is great and the Midgar stage looks awesome, but thats about it.
No english VA for cloud, no new FF music, no assist trophies or items.

Its just a shame. There's so many elements they could bring over.

I understand that there's a lot of licensing and stuff. It just sucks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom