• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's official then I can certainly believe next week is the final Smash Direct and it'll be revealing the following as I posted on the last page followed by Geno being announced as the first DLC character and five final stages which if this is true and had to predict what they'd be.

Alola stage
Kirby stage (Since Marx is rumored to be a boss)
Minecraft stage
Monster Hunter stage (Stage where you fight Rathatos)
Yoshi's Crafted World stage

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Naw, clearly it'll be KOS-MOS! I have ROCK SOLID evidence!

So, you see... the next fighter will be fighter 69! What does 69 look like?

That's right! The Vector Industries logo! The same logo emblazoned upon KOS-MOS Refrain's visor!

Truly, no greater evidence could exist, and this is in no way reaching, as Sakurai and Nintendo would certainly be utterly beholden to the concept of number-emblem synchronicity!

Sorry not sorry.
T-elos being 69e would really make my entire day

Well, I ain't stopping you if you are in denial.View attachment 168343
goddamn she even cuter in her true form

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I don't think its impossible for two Sonic characters to be revealed. Tails is a very popular, highly requested character, who I'm honestly surprised hasn't made an appearance yet.

Shadow, well with Echoes being a thing, I'm fairly certain he'll be in. DLC or not.

...would rather have Metal Sonic though. :T
I would rather have Blaze the Cat personally. She even has a super form.

Shroob

Sup?
Theoretically, if there 'is' a Smash Direct, I fully expect that they'd announce it several days in advance like they did the last one.

So in theory, Sunday would kinda be the cut off point for this I feel, just like what they did with EVO's announcement.

If the "10 day" theory is correct, the Direct would fall on the 11th, and I just cannot imagine them springing the news of a Smash Direct on the 10th.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just for the fun of it because I'm kind of bored.

01: Mario
02: Donkey Kong
03: Link
04: Samus
04e: Dark Samus
05: Yoshi
06: Kirby
07: Fox
08: Pikachu
09: Luigi
10: Ness
11: Captain Falcon
12: Jigglypuff
13: Peach
13e: Daisy
14: Bowser
15: Ice Climbers
16: Sheik
17: Zelda
18: Dr. Mario
19: Pichu
20: Falco
21: Marth
21e: Lucina
22: Young Link
23: Ganondorf
24: Mewtwo
25: Roy
25e: Chrom
26: Mr. Game & Watch
27: Meta Knight
28: Pit
28e: Dark Pit
29: Zero Suit Samus
30: Wario
31: Snake
32: Ike
33-35: Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
36: Diddy Kong
37: Lucas
38: Sonic
38e: Shadow
39: King Dedede
40: Olimar
41: Lucario
42: R.O.B.
43: Toon Link
44: Wolf
45: Villager
46: Mega Man
47: Wii Fit Trainer
48: Rosalina & Luma
49: Little Mac
50: Greninja
51-53: Mii FIGHTER (Brawler, Gunner, Swordfighter)
54: Palutena
55: Pac-Man
56: Robin
57: Shulk
58: Bowser Jr.
59: Duck Hunt
60: Ryu
60e: Ken
61: Cloud
62: Corrin
63: Bayonetta
64: Inkling
65: Ridley
66: Simon
66e: Richter
67: King K. Rool
68: Isabelle
69: Incineroar
70: Tails

First DLC character: Geno

76 fighters including echos (Pokemon Trainer and Mii Fighter are considered as one character)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
^Still doubting Tails at least base game anyway.
If not then I'd imagine Geno being 70 then in that case. Definitely still not ruling out Tails though especially Nintendo's and Sega's strong relationship and that Tails was a Mii Costume in Sm4sh.

Last edited:

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
T-elos being 69e would really make my entire day
So very much yes!

Not to mention that everyone is waiting in fear and/or anticipation of all the NSFW fan art that the internet will certainly see manifest around the illustrious "Number 69." Yet, in the case of KOS-MOS and T-elos... that particular designation would, by all appearances, change little.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It's official then I can certainly believe next week is the final Smash Direct and it'll be revealing the following as I posted on the last page followed by Geno being announced as the first DLC character and five final stages which if this is true and had to predict what they'd be.

Alola stage
Kirby stage (Since Marx is rumored to be a boss)
Minecraft stage
Monster Hunter stage (Stage where you fight Rathatos)
Yoshi's Crafted World stage
Wha? Did I miss something? Official? Marx rumor? Been trying to see if I missed something in the last few pages, but don't see anything.

I think if we had 16-20 characters like we usually do, Tails would have been a shoe in. Given his Mii costume, having Tails with a Shadow echo. But with the limited amount of newcomers, I can't see that many characters, let alone third party newcomers. Capcom, Sega, Konami all have two unique characters, and I can't see them getting any more in the base, whereas Bandai Namco and Square Enix are likely to get one more character, though I'm less sure about Bandai Namco. And that's not including new third parties, like Microsoft, Ubisoft, Activision that could be represented. Out of the companies that already have two unique newcomers, I can only see Capcom *maybe* getting another character, because of the Rathalos assist, and in that case I would think it's either Dante or Monster Hunter. I don't think that's happening, though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So very much yes!

Not to mention that everyone is waiting in fear and/or anticipation of all the NSFW fan art that the internet will certainly see manifest around the illustrious "Number 69." Yet, in the case of KOS-MOS and T-elos... that particular designation would, by all appearances, change little.
Sakurai: "As you all know, we have 68 unique fighters and we intent to keep it that way. No more new fighters, you sick ****s."

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wha? Did I miss something? Official? Marx rumor? Been trying to see if I missed something in the last few pages, but don't see anything.

I think if we had 16-20 characters like we usually do, Tails would have been a shoe in. Given his Mii costume, having Tails with a Shadow echo. But with the limited amount of newcomers, I can't see that many characters, let alone third party newcomers. Capcom, Sega, Konami all have two unique characters, and I can't see them getting any more in the base, whereas Bandai Namco and Square Enix are likely to get one more character, though I'm less sure about Bandai Namco. And that's not including new third parties, like Microsoft, Ubisoft, Activision that could be represented. Out of the companies that already have two unique newcomers, I can only see Capcom *maybe* getting another character, because of the Rathalos assist, and in that case I would think it's either Dante or Monster Hunter. I don't think that's happening, though.
If we count echos though Konami has three.

:ultsnake::ultsimon::ultrichter:

Personally for all we know too the whole Monster Hunter stage and Rathatos could be in the same vain as the supposed Minecraft stage and assist trophy as well as Paper Mario stage.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

I mean..... Ken's kinda a thing that's going to happen, unless you don't count Echoes.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If we count echos though Konami has three.

:ultsnake::ultsimon::ultrichter:

Personally for all we know too the whole Monster Hunter stage and Rathatos could be in the same vain as the supposed Minecraft stage and assist trophy as well as Paper Mario stage.
If we count echoes, though, Sega would have 3 if Shadow's an echo: Sonic, Bayonetta, and Shadow. Given his missing assist, how much easier it is to make echoes than newcomers, as much as I'd want Tails, Shadow seems the most likely. And personally I think Monster Hunter and Minecraft would be in similar situations, where they have stages and assists, but no characters--there's a nice symmetry there. I included the possibility of Capcom given certain aspects of rumor/speculation, even though I don't think they're getting any characters in the base game.

I mean..... Ken's kinda a thing that's going to happen, unless you don't count Echoes.
I made sure to specify "unique characters", though perhaps I could have clarified better somehow. If echoes are included, as I mention above, it doesn't change much if we include those rumored/speculated.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm still betting the 70th fighter being either Tails or Geno. If the former then Geno will be the first DLC character in a similar situation as Mewtwo was for Sm4sh.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, at this point:

We know Ken's in, so my question will be:

"Is Shadow also in, or did he just get cut as an Assist because Sakurai felt like it?"

Hopefully we'll see this coming week.

I have zero attachment to the Sonic franchise, never played a single Sonic game in my life, but I'd be fine with Shadow regardless, if only due to the meme potential.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, at this point:

"Is Shadow also in, or did he just get cut as an Assist because Sakurai felt like it?"

I have zero attachment to the Sonic franchise, never played a single Sonic game in my life, but I'd be fine with Shadow regardless, if only due to the meme potential.
Honestly, I think it depends on how much the franchise has gained since the last game. Street Fighter has 30 more tracks than Smash Wii U and is getting some serious love, so it makes sense to think that "Oh, if Street Fighter is getting THIS much, then Ken feels right". So if Shadow is coming, then how much love is Sonic getting at the moment, because isn't Sonic only having like two new songs or something?

Which is why I sincerely hope when Incineroar comes, he better also come with some stuff other than "oh hey, here's a character that's it lol". I need some OOMPH, give me a few remixes, a stage, trophies and all that ****.

Last edited by a moderator:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Honestly, at this point:

Is there anything to think we'll be getting a full blown Smash Direct, though? It's what I asked previously, in case I missed something, as it's being taken more seriously. Unless I've missed something, I think given Sakurai's recent statements, I think it's likely we'll only get one character reveal in October, a character/echo if we're lucky. And my bet is on Incineroar, which unfortunately, doesn't help us that much.

EDIT:

Honestly, I think it depends on how much the franchise has gained since the last game. Street Fighter has 30 more tracks than Smash Wii U and is getting some serious love, so it makes sense to think that "Oh, if Street Fighter is getting THIS much, then Ken feels right". So if Shadow is coming, then how much love is Sonic getting at the moment, because isn't Sonic only having like two new songs or something?

Which is why I sincerely hope when Incineroar comes, he better also come with some stuff other than "oh hey, here's a character that's it lol". I need some OOMPH, give me a few remixes, a stage, trophies and all that ****.
Unfortunately, if the August Direct is anything to go by. =/ Makes sense, though, if those songs are associated with Shadow. There will be new songs.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

The thing about Shadow is he's being pushed 'outside' of Smash super hard lately.... at least I think he is? I've seen people use "Shadow's been showing up a lot lately" in Sonic games and apparently an absence of him since.....awhile?

I really know nothing about the franchise, frankly.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My gut is telling me were getting the Final Smash Reveal due to said pattern and to prevent such leaks from happening since it happened with the last two games. That'd probably be a reason for them to get it done with and honestly it'd be a very smart move on Sakurai's and Nintendo's part.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
The thing about Shadow is he's being pushed 'outside' of Smash super hard lately.... at least I think he is? I've seen people use "Shadow's been showing up a lot lately" in Sonic games and apparently an absence of him since.....awhile?

Well he did have his own part of Sonic Forces as dlc and he wouldn't be too hard to make as an echo since he played exactly the same in Sonic Adventure 2 and Heroes.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Shadow was the only non-Sonic/Avatar character to be playable in Sonic Forces, so he is being "pushed" to a certain extent. I think it's just an easy palette swap, though, which again, goes to why he'd make a good echo in Smash. EDIT: :ultgreninja:

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Is there anything to think we'll be getting a full blown Smash Direct, though? It's what I asked previously, in case I missed something, as it's being taken more seriously. Unless I've missed something, I think given Sakurai's recent statements, I think it's likely we'll only get one character reveal in October, a character/echo if we're lucky. And my bet is on Incineroar, which unfortunately, doesn't help us that much.

EDIT:

Unfortunately, if the August Direct is anything to go by. =/ Makes sense, though, if those songs are associated with Shadow. There will be new songs.
No, there's nothing except circumstantial evidence and gut feelings.

To me, it makes zero sense to have a one-off reveal in October and have a full-blown Direct less than a month later, frankly.

If there really are 3-5 more characters left, with perhaps up to two of those being Echoes, why would you reveal one of your last Newcomers alone?

Smash 4 got away with it because it still had Shulk, Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr, and a whole bunch of unloackable veterans and clones.

We're going to know every character pre-launch, separating one Newcomer from your Final Smash Direct feels really weird if there aren't that many characters left.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
If Shadow gets in, I want him to duke it out with :ultdarkpit: and :ultdarksamus: in his reveal trailer.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman

You are right shadow have lately been advertised more outside of smash. He had a day 1 dlc in sonic forces and the newest sonic racing game coming out is mainly showing off sonic and shadow rivalry.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It really wouldn't surprise me if Shadow being in Smash was the reason for this sudden resurgence of the character.

We've seen Konami start to use the "Classic" Simon look before we even saw Simon in Smash, and that probably had a good hand in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom