• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game in my life though the Toy Story level has me interested but if Star shows up in Kingdom Hearts III, I'm preordering the most expensive version of the game available.
Enjoy having ZERO idea what the **** is going on.

D

Deleted member

In fairness, they still probably wouldn't know what was going on even if they did play the other games.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

That would make it even better. There'd be a ton of KH garbo that I don't understand and I'd just be sitting there waiting for Star.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
If Nintendo made a Banjo trailer for smash how do u think it would be?
I think DK and K. Rool would be in it fighting since they were once in the rare family. And Banjo comes out of his shadows rising once more in the crowd of gaming once more.
The idea floating in the Banjo support thread is this...
Once the direct is done, Sakurai goes on with his routine of wrapping things up. Before he signs off, he is working on a puzzle and he states 'huh I am missing a piece' the camera fades...smash character logo cuts in and shows the mural of all the characters, but there is a piece missing. We see a hand put the last puzzle piece in place...to reveal...

BANJO & KAZOOIE COMPLETE THE PUZZLE!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really feel that what Zelda needs in Smash is a Goron and/or a Zora. They've always been the most iconic Zelda species and are seen constantly throughout the series.
Goron moveset writes itself with the Hammer and rolls(just look at HW Darunia) while Zora can go many different ways, such as just pure waterkinesis Ruto shows in HW or a spear based moveset thanks to Mipha.

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
I'll be the first guy to think this about speculah, granted, but even I can't sit around judging how people use their free time. They kinda have a right to it and all that, and I'd rather not see a pissing contest about who manages their time and energy better, so let's not.

Smooth Criminal
Having a competition to see who manages their time and energy better would actually be a really cool idea.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think DK and K. Rool would be in it fighting since they were once in the rare family. And Banjo comes out of his shadows rising once more in the crowd of gaming once more.
I've given my full length version of the trailer I'd like to see in the Banjo thread, but here are the key points I like:
- Like Duck Hunt's trailer, we see characters in retro forms, though this time it's N64 retro. It would be interesting to see NES characters as well as Wii/Wii U characters with N64 designs. They're all fighting and fireballs come out of the sky--you hear Gruntilda's cackle.
- Cut to Banjo sleeping, and Kazooie hears the ruckus. Kazooie pokes at Banjo, but he wants to keep hibernating for another 20 years. Tootie comes in and begs Banjo for help. He relents, gets up, puts his backpack with Kazooie on, and they're transformed into Ultimate graphics.
- They fight Gruntilda showcasing their Ultimate moves, and we see gameplay of them.
- The stinger would be Banjo & Kazooie with Dunk Hunt. Kazooie poops out some eggs, and Duck Hunt uses their laughing taunt

I've had some ideas since then, but I'm not sure how to formulate them. But that's how I think it would be. It's such a perfect opportunity.

Last edited:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
I really feel that what Zelda needs in Smash is a Goron and/or a Zora. They've always been the most iconic Zelda species and are seen constantly throughout the series.
Goron moveset writes itself with the Hammer and rolls(just look at HW Darunia) while Zora can go many different ways, such as just pure waterkinesis Ruto shows in HW or a spear based moveset thanks to Mipha.
GIVE ME PRINCE SIDON

LOOK AT HIM HES BEAUTIFUL

D

Deleted member

I can think of one Zora in particular that would be a pretty good addition...

It's never going to happen, but if it did, I'd be hyped beyond belief.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I see it being more akin to the Belmonts' trailer, with a character exploring an unfamiliar (to them) world. That character? Why, Diddy Kong, of course! Imagine his surprises when, while inspecting an enemy or item from BK, his old racing buddies triumphantly appear right in front of him! (Insert monkey screech followed by clapping and dancing.)

D

Deleted member

That would make it even better. There'd be a ton of KH garbo that I don't understand and I'd just be sitting there waiting for Star.
Vinny put it best.

"Just look at that from my perspective, as someone who've not played the series, there's like a dark edgelord on the screen and then Mickey Mouse is like "huh-hah!" Like, excuse me?" - Vincent Pastarino, 2018

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
Funny thing to add about Game Arts.

Their cult classic JRPG franchise Grandia will be getting its first two entries remastered by Gung Ho, the new owners of it. Since those games will get a Switch version, and all versions are planned to be West-exclusive so far, I wouldn't be shocked if the heroes of those games will get a campaign following drummed up by the time of Smash 6.

Adding to those...

Pac-Man enjoys Christmas with his family, and makes sure the doors and windows are shut to keep the ghosts out.
Duck Hunt Dog likes to spook people on Halloween by pretending to be dead alongside the duck, and gets a kick out of it.
For Christmas, Popo and Nana get the condor to do a truce and helps them decorate their tree.
During the day of the dead, ROB takes this time to honor his fallen fellows.
Little Mac enjoys going trick or treating as an excuse to continue his training, and makes sure to save a pile of chocolate for when he passes by Doc Louie's place,
Kirby, he just eats everything on Thanksgiving before Yoshi does
Meta Knight can't eat because he has the mask on so what does he do at Thanksgiving ?
Lucas still cries over the death of his Mum and Brother at Halloween instead of trick or treating
Dark Pit being the edge-lord hates Christmas
Pokemon Trainer goes trick and treating with Charizard dressed up as Ridley, let's say it didn't go well mate
Pokemon Trainer goes trick or treating with Squirtle dressed as Kapp'n well they both got ran over by a bus
Pokemon Trainer goes trick or treating again with Ivysaur dressed as T-Rex, yeah bout that Ice Climbers froze Ivysaur
Mr Game&Watch is directing the traffic and disturbing the peace as usual

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
They should go over the big roster picture like they've revealed every newcomer but then then there is a jiggy sized space missing and Banjo puts the jiggy into the picture. Then BANJO AND KAZOOIE GET JIGGY WITH IT!

D

Deleted member

Vinny put it best.

"Just look at that from my perspective, as someone who've not played the series, there's like a dark edgelord on the screen and then Mickey Mouse is like "huh-hah!" Like, excuse me?" - Vincent Pastarino, 2018
I'm still waiting for Uncle Remus or Walt Disney himself to be an optional boss.

With the Hundred Acre Wood confirmed to not be in, my dreams of Christopher Robin being the game's Sephiroth are now dead.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Including Miss Shape of Water...I mean, Mipha would be nice. ;)

Though tbh I'd prefer any of the other three champions over her.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Kirby, he just eats everything on Thanksgiving before Yoshi does
Meta Knight can't eat because he has the mask on so what does he do at Thanksgiving ?
Lucas still cries over the death of his Mum and Brother at Halloween instead of trick or treating
Dark Pit being the edge-lord hates Christmas
Pokemon Trainer goes trick and treating with Charizard dressed up as Ridley, let's say it didn't go well mate
Pokemon Trainer goes trick or treating with Squirtle dressed as Kapp'n well they both got ran over by a bus
Pokemon Trainer goes trick or treating again with Ivysaur dressed as T-Rex, yeah bout that Ice Climbers froze Ivysaur
Mr Game&Watch is directing the traffic and disturbing the peace as usual
About Dark Pit, he should try to steal Christmas like the Grinch if he does hate it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Including Miss Shape of Water...I mean, Mipha would be nice. ;)

Though tbh I'd prefer any of the other three champions over her.
Think about it though: Mipha uses a spear, right? Who better to share a trailer with than a certain bandana wearing lad from Dream Land? ;)

D

Deleted member

I'm still waiting for Uncle Remus or Walt Disney himself to be an optional boss.

With the Hundred Acre Wood confirmed to not be in, my dreams of Christopher Robin being the game's Sephiroth are now dead.
Now see, I can sympathize with Xbox One owners getting Kingdom Hearts 3, but not even getting the $39.99 All-in-One collection to even understand 3.
I can even sympathize with it only releasing in the U.S.

But the fact that Christopher Robin isn't even the real final boss of this story is the real ****ing tragedy.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Are we talking about the Christopher Robin from Pooh's Homerun Derby? Because that is the only exceptable one...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I got my own.

Roy dresses up as Marth for Halloween.
In return, Marth dresses up as Roy for Halloween.
Duck Hunt is pulling off pranks for Halloween.
Mario prepares to eat pasta at Thanksgiving, only to find out there is none.
Mewtwo is meditating at Thanksgiving, because otherwise he doesn't give a damn.
Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings steal presents from under the tree at Christmas.
Ike uses Aether to put the star on the tree, only to find out he put Luma up there by accident.
Rosalina beats the living heck out of Ike for doing that.
Sonic races around the neighborhood delivering presents on each doorstep.
Daisy sings a Christmas song, which mostly has the words, "Hi, I'm Daisy!"
Pit takes an acting role at a Christmas play as an angel, which does not go well since he can't read the script.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911

An anime Walt Disney in edgy black clothes with 17 zippers and an oversized weapon would be the best thing ever.

D

Deleted member

If Incineroar is our next newcomer, how are people feeling about him? I've come to like the idea quite a bit, actually.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Let me just say, if you invite Yoshi over for Thanksgiving, increase the food expenses 20x cause then you MIGHT let everyone else get the scraps afterwards... :yoshi:
Or, we can do it how Snake does it...

:ultsnake:: Hey Otacon, how about we catch one of these things to see how they taste like?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If Incineroar is our next newcomer, how are people feeling about him? I've come to like the idea quite a bit, actually.
I'd welcome him. Being a wrestling kind of cat, he would look better in a Lucha Libre outfit than female Pikachu.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't really care to be honest. I would RATHER have Decidueye or Lycanroc, but this game is already close to perfect, so I'll deal regardless.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Seeing people talking about how they don't want Steve because they want Banjo instead is dumb.

Wouldn't Steve being in make Banjo so much more likely?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Why wouldn't you want Ryu 2?

Disclaimer: I've never played Rhythm Heaven, and as such, I don't know if this description of Karate Joe is accurate or not.
Not really. Joe is less Ryu 2, and more "Kung Fu Man".

In fairness, they still probably wouldn't know what was going on even if they did play the other games.
Not even Jiminy's journal would help, since he can barely make any sense out of Nomura's Bizarre Adventure.

Just pray to the lord that the upcoming Switch remake of TWEWY has nothing to do with any of this.

Conflicted. I'd be fine with him, but I'd much rather have someone else announced before him that can help lay the box theory to rest.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Assuming Litten was my Sun and Moon Starter, and the fact that I adore John Cena memes, I would love him... (He would probably be my main, Unless a certain someone gets announced..)
Seeing people talking about how they don't want Steve because they want Banjo instead is dumb.

Wouldn't Steve being in make Banjo so much more likely?
In my opinion, yes. Put Steve in base, and have Banjo as DLC...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
He's alright. There's a few Pokemon I'd have taken over him, but nothing I feel quite passionately about. I'll like him a lot more if he actually does heel type wrestling instead of just being a Machamp style wrestler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom