• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yes, but I believe from here on out, all of the Newcomers will be personal Sakurai picks... It's his game after all,
If they had characters like Isaac or Skull Kid they probably would have announced them by now...
So basically, the contenders I see (that are not
Incineroar
Who by the way, kinda proves my point on some non fan favorites), are Elma, Steve, or any Rhythm Heaven Rep. All of these characters are from franchises that Sakurai has a personal love for... I really wouldn't be surprised if one got in...
If you are only expecting fan favorites, you're kinda setting yourself up for disappointment...
If that's the case gives me more hope for Medusa then.

Graizen

Smash Champion
*Trailer Starts"
*Dante and Agumon vs Pikachu and Bayonetta"
*Internet explodes*

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've been really into drawing Ridley lately. It's probably my childhood love of drawing Dinosaurs and Dragons returning.

Actually, drawing him so much has made me like him a lot more. I used to be really indifferent, but now i'm considering maining him along with Inkling and Pokemon Trainer.

I mean, I like space, I like Dragons, I like murder, why not?

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Ok then answer this then

If we get someone for the other side Since ryu is on the other side where does ken go then? He’s pretty much locked at this point
This is way late sorry, but I answered this for someone else. You can't use a leak that hasn't been proven true yet to discredit a theory that hasn't been proven true yet.

Sure it's very likely Ken is in, but until he's officially announced we don't know that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Technically given Japan Time, it's kinda surreal that we're now 2 months away from Smash Ultimate. Definitely feels like it's prime time for an update until the month of promotion.

D

Deleted member

TBH I'm really hoping Incineroar gets a solo reveal next week, as that would shake a LOT of things up.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
*Trailer Starts"
*Dante and Agumon vs Pikachu and Bayonetta"
*Internet explodes*
I'm not saying this to insult you, I'm sure Agumon is cool, but that trailer would not be that exciting for a large portion of the gaming world. Dante is pretty hype for a big group, but there are still a lot of people (most of my friends included) who either don't know who he is or even don't like him.

Agumon... I only know who that is because of your posts to be honest.

But if he got in Smash I'd still be happy for you! :)

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Remember the Funky "leak"?
that was so interesting
saved the last image the dude updated in /v/
a very bodacious speculation.png

a series of coincidences that happened during it, despite the leaks being fake
(shame, i kill for a remake of Mother 3)

Luminario

Smash Lord
That is interesting, with characters, who's final smashes haven't been revealed yet, What are y'all's hopes for some of these charcters?
:ultpeach:: Peach Beam, definitely. SPP emotions are nice but a giant column of sparkly pink light sounds much more fun and flashy.
:ultrobin: Morgan Pair Up for that dual spell barrage.
:ultdaisy:: I don't think a Daisy Beam would really suit her, but there's so many other FSs she can copy: Cap Falcon's with a go kart, Fox's with the Sky Pop plane from SML, even a Link one where she serves a tennis ball full force, there's such potential for a fun looking FS. She can copy Peach's if Peach gets a SPP one that has a Joy Tornado, cause a petal whirlwind works nicely there.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm not saying this to insult you, I'm sure Agumon is cool, but that trailer would not be that exciting for a large portion of the gaming world. Dante is pretty hype for a big group, but there are still a lot of people (most of my friends included) who either don't know who he is or even don't like him.

Agumon... I only know who that is because of your posts to be honest.

But if he got in Smash I'd still be happy for you! :)
While you may not know, I think the idea of Pokemon vs Digimon would be pretty hype for many people who grew up in the nineties. When it'll take place, I don't know. But at some point the world needs that.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That is interesting, with characters, who's final smashes haven't been revealed yet, What are y'all's hopes for some of these charcters?

:ultyounglink: really hoping for Fierce Deity in some form.
:ultpeach: would love to see Psyche Bomb from SMRPG (Possible to be revealed when/if Geno is revealed)
:ultpeach::Hoping she and :ultdaisy: have something to do with Super Princess Peach's emotion powers, since that game has been specifically referenced on the site's description and Memories.

:ultyoshi:: Don't really hope for anything in particular, but it would be neat to involve Poochy in case he's not playable.

It's cuz she isn't hot, that's why no one remembers her.
Think about it. Medusa? Hot. Dark Samus? Hot. Wendy? Not.
Nah, she got overshadowed because she has to share alt/skin duties with her 6 siblings behind Junior.

I just wish it had more characters especially since it was meant for the 25 anniversary.
Not to mention that the freaking Rabbids were put in for no good reason at all. I mean, it's not too much to ask Ubi to calm down its kick on the Rabbids for more than a few minutes, is it?

2 days until the final 60 day countdown, and 26 until the best day of the year.

It's spook time, my dudes.
Incidentally, Splatoon 2 is having a Halloween makeover for the occasion.

While you may not know, I think the idea of Pokemon vs Digimon would be pretty hype for many people who grew up in the nineties. When it'll take place, I don't know. But at some point the world needs that.
For sure. That's one of the many boundaries that has yet to be broken.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Side note: God, I wish Lyn was in Smash. Has nothing to do with the flow of conversation, but GOD she's so COOL. How has it been so long without another iaijutsu use?
I feel like Lyn should have gotten in over Chrom as a Roy echo fighter. She's been around much longer and she's easily more popular due to her placement in the Choose Your Heroes poll. It would also give Blazing Blade a rep instead of yet another Awakening rep. Although the poll was done only recently, so maybe Sakurai wasn't aware of her popularity until the roster was already decided.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You and me both, brother.
(sister?)
I've warmed up (heh) to the idea now, so it would be kind of a shame to see it fizzle out at this point. Plus, it adds a wrinkle to the Box Theory, which is a good thing for everyone.

(You were right the first time with "brother", lol)

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've warmed up (heh) to the idea now, so it would be kind of a shame to see it fizzle out at this point. Plus, it adds a wrinkle to the Box Theory, which is a good thing for everyone.

(You were right the first time with "brother", lol)
If box theory dies this thread is gonna lose it.
I hope i'm there when it happens!

D

Deleted member

It wouldn't completely die if we get a solo reveal next week, but it would definitely be a major blow similar to the one Music Theory got. If Incineroar gets revealed next week, Box Theory then banks on Ken being a unique/semi-clone and there being no more Echos, which for me personally, I highly, highly doubt.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I feel like Lyn should have gotten in over Chrom as a Roy echo fighter. She's been around much longer and she's easily more popular due to her placement in the Choose Your Heroes poll. It would also give Blazing Blade a rep instead of yet another Awakening rep. Although the poll was done only recently, so maybe Sakurai wasn't aware of her popularity until the roster was already decided.
And, most importantly, they'd finally replace Lani Minella's poorly-ADRed voice bite with that of a new voice actress (though thankfully she got treated better with the Koopalings and Lucas).

Me too. I'd be ready, and enjoying every minute of it.

george-costanza-popcorn.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom