• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Card official???

What the hell LOL. Can't really pass this off as a one-off mistake now. No idea what to believe.
https://nintendosoup.com/japan-first-look-at-the-super-smash-bros-ultimate-download-card/

Unlike a digital box, this is very up to date and I can imagine more cards being made anyway. Not like they can just throw some edits in. They have to print more physical copies with each update, respectively. The card itself is properly centered, not that it means anything(obviously Ryu wouldn't be off center, as that would make it clear Ken is there, which would ruin the surprise. Not that it's an unexpected character, but hey, not everybody analyzes stuff like us).

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I agree with that, the custom stage Builder was way better in Brawl to be honest.
I actually made like 102 stages(hilarious in hindsightght much) I had a lot of fun with it despite its limitations.
I really hope Stage Builder comes back better than it was in Brawl and Smash 4

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Has this been posted yetÉ

If true could mean we might be getting character announcements similar to Lucina and Robin or a Smash Direct soon.
I could actually see that happening with a singular trailer soon and then Smash Direct around mid-late November, but I’m just guessing.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
https://nintendosoup.com/japan-first-look-at-the-super-smash-bros-ultimate-download-card/

Unlike a digital box, this is very up to date and I can imagine more cards being made anyway. Not like they can just throw some edits in. They have to print more physical copies with each update, respectively. The card itself is properly centered, not that it means anything(obviously Ryu wouldn't be off center, as that would make it clear Ken is there, which would ruin the surprise. Not that it's an unexpected character, but hey, not everybody analyzes stuff like us).
Have no idea what to believe. What are you thinking LST?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
> Reveal trailer playlist updated

I'm praying it's someone other than Ken or Incineroar, just to see this place burn and so everyone starts predicting that we have 3894948594589482 more newcomer reveals to go again.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
69: Skull Kid
70: Incineroar
71: Banjo or Steve
72: Geno

16e: Impa
36e: Dixie Kong
38e: Shadow
60e: Ken

If its true that is...

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
The direct beings

Sakurai shows up and gives a brief update before the Incineroar trailer

During the trailer he's about to **** up Ryu with a fire attack and Ken shows up to the rescue with his own fire attack

The chat is full of salt

The full box art is revealed

Smashboards on suicide watch

Then sakurai says "but wait, we still have more newcomers on the way, you didn't think we'd reveal the whole roster on a box did you?"

Internet explodes

Goku supporters run wild

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
A new unlisted video got added to the Japanese Smash Ultimate playlist.

Meaning we could get something soon (most likely a reveal).

And there’s also a Download pamphlet with a card that is available in Japan.
The important thing to remember too is even if the unlisted video thing didn't happen with the August direct or Isabelle, it still has Nintendo Japan randomly adding at least 1 unlisted video to the roster. I mean, why add it now at all right? It has to mean we are near another character reveal.

But on top of this, its happened before. I think we are in for something exciting next week.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Have no idea what to believe. What are you thinking LST?
Honestly? I think we got 2 more left and the box theory is correct. Though even without the box theory, having 2 more left fits really well with what Sakurai's statements are, so...

This feels a lot stronger than it, especially with the character placements. But then again, it's all in exact order, so that's a pure coincidence.

Shroob

Sup?
I doubt I'm the first person to day anything about this but might as well check, you guys hear anything about this?
Possibility of Robin/Lucina style reveal: 50%

Possibility of Smash Direct: Jesus Christ just take my money, both my kidneys and my expensive China.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Honestly? I think we got 2 more left and the box theory is correct. Though even without the box theory, having 2 more left fits really well with what Sakurai's statements are, so...

This feels a lot stronger than it, especially with the character placements. But then again, it's all in exact order, so that's a pure coincidence.
But on the other hand it seems to confirm that the slots are indeed just placeholders as it confirms that these cards won't be updated before the game launches, meaning they may have just stopped editing and working on them at a certain point for conformity.

xleft

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0885-3621-8019
Ri-

DAMNIT.
Okay, no seriously, while I do start to have hope for Sora...There is...

That possibility...Which is realistic, but I still can't stop thinking about that Square-Enix Intern that disapeared in the surface of earth like, no more twitter and deleted all Smashboard/Resetera account after talking about the Sora / Geno+Mallow leaks and saying he knew "CharacterS that won't be in."
He probably got caught. I can sadly feel it...
Not really familiar with that situation (if you could explain it). But as strange as it may sound I feel like it's possible that we get both (one in the base roster and one DLC) but maybe I'm just delusional.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
> Reveal trailer playlist updated

I'm praying it's someone other than Ken or Incineroar, just to see this place burn and so everyone starts predicting that we have 3894948594589482 more newcomer reveals to go again.
"VERGEBEN WAS WRONG! BOX THEORY WAS WRONG! WE'RE GETTING 100 CHARACTERS IN THE BASE ROSTER! PRAISE SAKURAI!"

I can see it now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
October: Skull Kid and Impa are revealed in a Lucina and Robin style reveal
Pokemon Direct: Incineroar is revealed
November: Smash Direct reveals Banjo or Steve, Geno, Dixie, Shadow and Ken as the final characters.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Get 'em on board - I'll call it in
The flight plan I just filed with the Agent C, lists Smee, Maimen, Doctor Pavelheer, Button Lee, Juan Ovyou. First one to talk gets to stay on my aircraft! Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?! He didn't fly so good! Who wants to try next! Tell me about Bane! Why does he wear the mask?! A lotta loyalty for a hired gun!

Noipoi

Howdy!
If we do get a reveal in the next ten days, I really think it'll be a random trailer drop. I feel like November will be the final direct.

Also if two characters are revealed via a random trailer than box theory is dead, because there's no way the final smash direct doesn't have any reveals.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So, if the playlist update is anything to go by, we'll likely have a character announcement next week... Who do you all think it is?

I'm pretty confident that it's incineroar. Pokemon Let's Go is coming out soon, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's something Pokemon related.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
That possibility...Which is realistic, but I still can't stop thinking about that Square-Enix Intern that disapeared in the surface of earth like, no more twitter and deleted all Smashboard/Resetera account after talking about the Sora / Geno+Mallow leaks and saying he knew "CharacterS that won't be in."
He probably got caught. I can sadly feel it...
I wouldn't believe any leak from someone claiming characters that won't be in, but this is the first I've heard of this so I don't know...

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Yes, we've been talking about it all morning. It also happened for the August direct too. My guess is a possible singular trailer next week, possibly announced this weekend.
I wasn't here this morning, just woke up (I am on the East Coast, but I'm a night owl), so I've been trying to figure out what this talk of playlist meant. This helped. While it may have already been mentioned, I was predicting an October 10th Direct for new information as it would have been 2 months after the August Direct (on a Wed), and this neatly lines up (that, by itself, doesn't mean anything). So, could be interesting. I think if Let's Go is not getting a Direct, then it could be a big final Smash Direct. Or if Let's Go is getting a Direct, Incineroar being revealed around or in the Direct makes sense (I'm one who doesn't think Ken would be revealed alongside, despite superficial similarities).

Although my fan-dream-never-going-to-happen is an N64 Classic announcement with Rare titles along with Banjo & Kazooie announced for Smash. Never going to happen, but I can dream. :upsidedown: That being said, despite the rumors saying it would still come out this year, I feel it's too late for an announcement like that.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, if the playlist update is anything to go by, we'll likely have a character announcement next week... Who do you all think it is?

I'm pretty confident that it's incineroar. Pokemon Let's Go is coming out soon, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's something Pokemon related.
Holding out hope for Macho Man Randy Savage.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
If the Castlevania trailer with Simon, Richter, the darkest of stages and a million monsters was not saved for Halloween, I don't see a reason to think we will get a another "spooky" trailer and character in October.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If it's not Ken or Incineroar next week. I shall not refrain from told you sos.

This will be the 89th time in a speculation period where I'd have been right in a theory or prediction and no one listened.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, we're all saying it'll be a "Random Trailer Drop" but, uh bros?

What is everyone more or less starting their discussion with?

"They did this before the August/September Direct"

Patience, this October may not be a snore fest afterall,

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Okay, this trailer thing is backing up what I though (A Robin-esque reveal trailer in October). I'm banking on the Pokémon getting revealed here.

To forget about the Box Theory for a bit, here's some more "either or" questions. Same rules as before - assume you're in charge of choosing who gets to stay in the next Smash. Pick one of the two characters from the following 10 pairs.

:ultpeach: or :ultbowser:
:ultzelda: or :ultganondorf:
:ultness: or :ultfalcon:
:ultmewtwo: or :ultpokemontrainer:
:ultsonic: or :ultmegaman:
:ultmetaknight: or :ultkingdedede:
:ultinkling: or :ultsimon:
:ultdarksamus: or :ultchrom:
:ultyoshi: or :ultwario:
:ultolimar: or :ultshulk:

For me, it's:

:ultpeach:
:ultzelda:
:ultness:
:ultpokemontrainer: (I love Mewtwo, but better to lose one than three.)
:ultsonic:
:ultkingdedede:
:ultinkling:
:ultdarksamus:
:ultyoshi:
:ultolimar:
To forget about the Box Theory for a bit, here's some more "either or" questions. Same rules as before - assume you're in charge of choosing who gets to stay in the next Smash. Pick one of the two characters from the following 10 pairs.

For me, it's:

:ultbowser:
:ultganondorf:
:ultmewtwo: (Easy choice, only way it could be easier is if it was Solozard)
:ultchrom:
:ultyoshi:(Almost as easy as cutting Charizard)
:ultshulk:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

For me, it's:

:ultbowser::ultzelda::ultness::ultmewtwo::ultmegaman::ultkingdedede::ultinkling::ultchrom::ultyoshi::ultolimar:
Inkling vs Simon was the toughest by far.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So let's say there's a character announcement next week.
Incineroar, right? Because an Echo like Ken wouldn't get a trailer.

It's possible, yes, but very absurd for the final Direct to have literally one character reveal, and have it be an Echo.
Of course, your argument depends on there even being a Smash Direct in November. Certainly very likely, but by no means a guarantee.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Not really familiar with that situation (if you could explain it)
I wouldn't believe any leak from someone claiming characters that won't be in, but this is the first I've heard of this so I don't know...
Before Ultimate actual Reveal at E3, someone posted a Riddle leak with multiple characters in, and Sora with Geno+Mallow were in.
Laters, Masked man, an intern/translator at Square-Enix commented on that leak saying that he knew the leak was fakes because there was "Characters I know aren't in."

Once that made the turn of internet, he deleted his Smashboard Account, his Reset Era acocunt, and disapeared of Twitter.
That person supposedly knew about Cloud in Smash 4 six months beforehand.

So, with the recent information of Square being VERY stingy about Leak, either he deleted his account to be in Peace and anonnymous again. Either he got caught because he Leaked something that was true. Or because he Used the false information he knew about...Basically the Fake leak trap and got caught.

In the case he's right it means
>Either Sora and Mallow aren't in and Geno is in
>Geno and Mallow aren't in and Sora is in

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Skull Kid and Impa in a Lucina and Robin style reveal. The former especially since he'd perfectly associate with October.

I'm thinking Incineroar will be however revealed at a Pokemon Direct and then the rest of the characters in November.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Of course, your argument depends on there even being a Smash Direct in November. Certainly very likely, but by no means a guarantee.
Yep. Also depends on my subjective opinion on there being one character reveal.

I find it absolutely absurd for there NOT to be a Direct with how many modes we're missing alongside the potential 5 missing stages but, yeah, it's possible.

Before Ultimate actual Reveal at E3, someone posted a Riddle leak with multiple characters in, and Sora with Geno+Mallow were in.
Laters, Masked man, an intern/translator at Square-Enix commented on that leak saying that he knew the leak was fakes because there was "Characters I know aren't in."

Once that made the turn of internet, he deleted his Smashboard Account, his Reset Era acocunt, and disapeared of Twitter.
That person supposedly knew about Cloud in Smash 4 six months beforehand.

So, with the recent information of Square being VERY stingy about Leak, either he deleted his account to be in Peace and anonnymous again. Either he got caught because he Leaked something that was true. Or because he Used the false information he knew about...Basically the Fake leak trap and got caught.

In the case he's right it means
>Either Sora and Mallow aren't in and Geno is in
>Geno and Mallow aren't in and Sora is in
You keep bringing this leak up Nekoo but you're legit the only person I've ever seen do it and I've never seen an actual source for it.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But on the other hand it seems to confirm that the slots are indeed just placeholders as it confirms that these cards won't be updated before the game launches, meaning they may have just stopped editing and working on them at a certain point for conformity.
That too. It hurts the box theory in a way as it means that it being a placeholder is extremely likely, and not the final version. But who knows.

lmao skull kid? are we back to those goddamn chairs again?
Pretty sure Halloween is the reason. I mean, I won't lie, that's the best month to show him off... but I don't think Halloween is celebrated in Japan, so eh. I don't believe he's playable, as there's zero credibility towards any leaks related to it. Steve? has more going for him, even.

Chrono.

Oh, we dropping hot Persona takes? P3 is overrated, and the only truely notable thing about it is the ending. 5, both parts of 2 and 4G far surpass it.

Also PQ is a chore to play.
My hot Persona take is that the games were carried by well written characters until Atlus decided they should make games actually fun to play with 5*.

*I heard 4G improves on vanilla a lot, but I don't own a Vita so.
So let's say there's a character announcement next week.
Incineroar, right? Because an Echo like Ken wouldn't get a trailer.

It's possible, yes, but very absurd for the final Direct to have literally one character reveal, and have it be an Echo.
Ken is a 3rd party so I can see him getting special treatment of some sort.

Especially since we don't know what the scope of his changes will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom