• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hey guys how about a Smashboard level stage ?
For a SmashBoards stage to be accurate, the gimmick would need to be two people arguing, and their arguing changes not just the stage layout, but the rules as well. Select stock? Suddenly coin battle, because someone's arguing the merits of coin battles.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I made a promise, I intend to keep it.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, super crown versions of the original eight.

NOIPOI STYLE!

Why yes, I do have too much time on my hands. Thanks for asking!
I LOVE IT!!! :yoshi:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
About minecraft content:

You guys know about Vergeben's knowledge of minecraft content, right? I'm pretty sure that, if one of his sources saw minecraft content in smash, I'll bet that it's AT or something that strongly resembles some things from mniecraft. For this moment, we don't know if there is minecraft content in smash since it was mentioned in Vergeben's leaks, we need some legit leaks to confirm this.

Could be possible stage, AT, and even likely character Steve, as one of the credible leaker claims that he would be in. but no one is certain for now, all we can do is wait for future informations on said content or surprise legit leak.

Just think about it, If there's Minecraft content in the game, I'm pretty sure that they were being kept in secret due to being important to Sakurai that even doesn't want it to be leaked to public.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I hope its 'Steve?' cuz I want the flames to rise as high as possible.
The question mark in his name is up there with "Nintendo arbitrarily chose not to capitalize the A in amiibo" as far as "dumb marketing choices that irk me" are concerned. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
For a SmashBoards stage to be accurate, the gimmick would need to be two people arguing, and their arguing changes not just the stage layout, but the rules as well. Select stock? Suddenly coin battle, because someone's arguing the merits of coin battles.
That's actually a good stage. Shame that nazis occasionally pop in and you get punished for using attacks on them

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
About minecraft content:

You guys know about Vergeben's knowledge of minecraft content, right? I'm pretty sure that, if one of his sources saw minecraft content in smash, I'll bet that it's AT or something that strongly resembles some things from mniecraft. For this moment, we don't know if there is minecraft content in smash since it was mentioned in Vergeben's leaks, we need some legit leaks to confirm this.

Could be possible stage, AT, and even likely character Steve, as one of the credible leaker claims that he would be in. but no one is certain for now, all we can do is wait for future informations on said content or surprise legit leak.

Just think about it, If there's Minecraft content in the game, I'm pretty sure that they were being kept in secret due to being important to Sakurai that even doesn't want it to be leaked to public.
Vergeben's leaks are the closest to a legit leak as you are gonna get.
I don't know why you would bet on it being an AT or something that resembles some things from Minecraft over anything else.

D

Deleted member

That's actually a good stage. Shame that nazis occasionally pop in and you get punished for using attacks on them
And you're not allowed to use any attack that does less than 10%, otherwise you get spam points. If you get too many, your character is deleted from the match for a few minutes.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
And y'know what? We could've said the exact same thing about franchises like Monster Hunter now having potential for all of those three things. While yes, there's a definite difference between Minecraft and MonHun, you can't deny that it's grown to become an Animal Crossing-esque behemoth of a franchise as of recent years. Every franchise involved in Smash one way or another is gonna be handled differently; some more than others, and some less. This is why I don't believe in "slots", rather, I believe in looking at franchises at a representation level to try and be fair as possible.
I still contend that Monster Hunter makes much more sense as a character than a Minecraft representative. If Monster Hunter doesn't have a character, I can easily see Minecraft not having one. It's not a criticism of the series--if anything, it's saying Minecraft is popular enough to be represented by a stage/assist alone.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But what is the point of coin battles though? They never even used them past Melee for the one event.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Vergeben's leaks are the closest to a legit leak as you are gonna get.
I don't know why you would bet on it being an AT or something that resembles some things from Minecraft over anything else.
It could be like, Stage builder or something like that. But for now, we are waiting to see if some new informations in the future can confirm Vergeben's leaks.

D

Deleted member

On the whole Minecraft debate, I'm not what you would call a Minecraft fan, far from it, but I don't understand why some people are looking at Steve's inclusion like it's the end of the world. Why are some people hell bent on making sure he doesn't get in?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It could be like, Stage builder or something like that. But for now, we are waiting to see if some new informations in the future can confirm Vergeben's leaks.
I mean...if something does then I'll consider your argument but you better use this same logic for Incineroar, Ken, and an SE rep too.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I thought the stage's gimmick was attacking only fighters who don't have the same opinions as you. (and Fire Emblem characters)

Chrono.

On the whole Minecraft debate, I'm not what you would call a Minecraft fan, far from it, but I don't understand why some people are looking at Steve's inclusion like it's the end of the world. Why are some people hell bent on making sure he doesn't get in?
"Cringe culture"

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Yeah, agreed. What's the point of Ultimate if it can't kill the cuts talk?
Additionally, there are people that like the "clones" more than the originals due to their playstyle.

I can tell I'm probably going to like Dark Samus more simply due to her smoother animations compared to Samus, even though it may result in some other properties I don't like.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
But what is the point of coin battles though? They never even used them past Melee for the one event.
To have options. More options can only be good. I played Coin matches on occasion. I know most people didn't but it was a fun little distraction from the other Smash modes.

More options for play is never a bad thing. Even if they do seem pointless to you.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
We live in a world where there VERY high/Almost sure chance of Minecraft stuff get's in and where there the Shadow of the mouse hanging over the game as one of the two/Three top containder of Square Enix Rep.

People will **** on that content for sure because it doesn't meet their fan rules but sacred rules of standard and will complain about a mickey mouse keychain as if it will Unleash Goku inside of the game

TL;DR : People just want things THEY want and bandwaggon the community as a hivemind. And find dumb reason to make sure no one believe otherwise

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
"Ew, kids like it so it's icky and gross because I don't like it, kids are only allowed to like what I like"
I thought the stage's gimmick was attacking only fighters who don't have the same opinions as you. (and Fire Emblem characters)
Yeah but nazis aren't a matter of opinion.
And you're not allowed to use any attack that does less than 10%, otherwise you get spam points. If you get too many, your character is deleted from the match for a few minutes.
However, the payoff is that it's the only stage with mod support because as long as it didn't come from the disk, it's perfectly fine

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To have options. More options can only be good. I played Coin matches on occasion. I know most people didn't but it was a fun little distraction from the other Smash modes.

More options for play is never a bad thing. Even if they do seem pointless to you.
I miss Bonus Mode...

...Just not getting all Bonuses for a Trophy.

D

Deleted member

And I will argue continually that Minecraft outweighs Monster Hunter by a ton no matter how big MonHun is.

There's a definite difference between Microsoft and Capcom is what sticks out the most to me.
If that's the case, then Minecraft practically overshadows almost all franchises in this game, aside from Mario and Pokemon. Where we have niche things like Game & Watch and Xenoblade as a part of the roster, a franchise being "big" really just only gives said franchise an extra push. As far as I'm concerned, trophies are practically A-OK. Same goes with music and possibly ATs. Stages would be a bit of an undertaking, but when we have stages like Electroplankton, it isn't out of the question, of course. When we talk about contenders for the main spotlight, being the roster, that's where we have to try and fine-comb all the nitty stuff.

Where we have more Fire Emblem characters than Zelda characters and probably still not having another F-Zero character, talking about the roster sides of things when it comes to representation is a pretty slippery slope, tbh.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Additionally, there are people that like the "clones" more than the originals due to their playstyle.

I can tell I'm probably going to like Dark Samus more simply due to her smoother animations compared to Samus, even though it may result in some other properties I don't like.
This exactly.
I'm actually digging more of the echoes than their base counterparts, after all I main :ultlucina:, so it'd be disappointing if some of them got cut.
I don't think a character should be on the chopping block, just because it's not as unique or "high effort" as another character.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I feel like I like a lot of clones more than their counterpart: :ultisabelle::ultlucina::ultdarkpit::ulttoonlink::ultwolf: etc

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
If that's the case, then Minecraft practically overshadows almost all franchises in this game, aside from Mario and Pokemon. Where we have niche things like Game & Watch and Xenoblade as a part of the roster, a franchise being "big" really just only gives said franchise an extra push. As far as I'm concerned, trophies are practically A-OK. Same goes with music and possibly ATs. Stages would be a bit of an undertaking, but when we have stages like Electroplankton, it isn't out of the question, of course. When we talk about contenders for the main spotlight, being the roster, that's where we have to try and fine-comb all the nitty stuff.

Where we have more Fire Emblem characters than Zelda characters and probably still not having another F-Zero character, talking about the roster sides of things when it comes to representation is a pretty slippery slope, tbh.
And to tell you the truth in the current gamescape yea. Minecraft does overshadow quite a bit of these franchises because it's freaking Minecraft. But this is genuinely not my point.

My point is that working with Microsoft to get a simple stage or Assist Trophy seems absolutely bizzare to me. You can bust out the Capcom point, but Capcom's already got 2, well, 3 reps in the game and are very easy to work with for Nintendo.

Microsoft ain't.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Because, "It's too popular AND it's filled with kids so we must hate it" argument. I don't see the point of hating the game. I can understand why all hates toward the Undertale game because of it's fandom. Minecraft is different story tho, I heard about one server that have kids on mod team, and it was pretty bad there because they did listened to every kids's report that claims some people are haxing but they aren't because they have great skill. TBH. People have their opinions, but it doesn't mean that we should hate it even if it's well known person's opinion.

And, let's not forget that one time there's certain youtube minecraft-based video with lewd image as its thumbnail, yes that **** is real. I won't link it here because I don't want to break one of the rules here.

Last edited:

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774

*Cry in F-ZERO characters* I need just one more F-Zero character please !

D

Deleted member

"Cringe culture"
Well that's ridiculous. By the logic, Sonic shouldn't be in the game either because his fanbase is just as bad. Or maybe we should exclude all the Pokemon characters as well, because their fanbase argues like a bunch of disgruntled lawyers.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
You listed four.

I've never seen a variation of "Marry/****/Kill" with Two Negative Categories instead of one. Should be interesting.

Murder: :ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultganondorf:
Bang: :ultzss::ultpalutena::ultdaisy:
Anger: :ultolimar::ultdoc::ultyoshi:
Glad it's interesting! But I didn't make it clear the idea is that you have to choose one of the characters included in the category. So like, you have to bang 3 out of Wario, K Rool, DK, and Olimar. So actually all three are negative.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I miss Bonus Mode...

...Just not getting all Bonuses for a Trophy.
Well, I think we all should try Dedede Run with other people sometime.

And so people understand what I mean, here's a sample, from a tourney I watched months ago:

Edit: This Japanese tourney, Umebura 31, was a favorite of mine for many reasons. This was one of them.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well that's ridiculous. By the logic, Sonic shouldn't be in the game either because his fanbase is just as bad. Or maybe we should exclude all the Pokemon characters as well, because their fanbase argues like a bunch of disgruntled lawyers.
No, because those are old franchises and the people who whine are entitled little ****s who go "In the good old days we didn't have these fraudulent 'walking simulators', back in my day, we got our teeth kicked in for quarters and there's literally nothing scummy about that"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"Cringe culture"
Or maybe that people don't want such toxic children infiltrating their sacred game. They sit their with their Jimmy Neutron brains and ponder "why thoust is this irrelevant character that nobody asked for in this saint of entertainment?" and expect to be responded with something similar to

D

Deleted member

And to tell you the truth in the current gamescape yea. Minecraft does overshadow quite a bit of these franchises because it's freaking Minecraft. But this is genuinely not my point.

My point is that working with Microsoft to get a simple stage or Assist Trophy seems absolutely bizzare to me. You can bust out the Capcom point, but Capcom's already got 2, well, 3 reps in the game and are very easy to work with for Nintendo.

Microsoft ain't.
No no, I feel you, I mainly was just trying to be as fair as possible to all franchises involved in the game right now from a repping standpoint. I'd be genuinely surprised if Microsoft is willing, even if Phil Spencer said so. At the end of the day, while I do really only just want Geno and Rex & Pyra, I do care for all franchises involved and try to see where they would fit. I'd be down for Minecraft, it'd makes sense, I guess I just need to see Steve? in motion and that can't happen right now of course lol

but to be fair we are talking about Microsoft and when were they ever known for making good decisions :4pacman:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
No no, I feel you, I mainly was just trying to be as fair as possible to all franchises involved in the game right now from a repping standpoint. I'd be genuinely surprised if Microsoft is willing, even if Phil Spencer said so. At the end of the day, while I do really only just want Geno and Rex & Pyra, I do care for all franchises involved and try to see where they would fit. I'd be down for Minecraft, it'd makes sense, I guess I just need to see Steve? in motion and that can't happen right now of course lol

but to be fair we are talking about Microsoft and when were they ever known for making good decisions :4pacman:
I'm incredibly interested in indeed seeing Steve in motion.
I know Sakurai can make it work. Just not sure how.

Hoping we see our star boy soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom