• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
To be fair, not everyone puts in their actual locations. I'm obviously not from Anville Town for example. I can't really blame you for not looking.
Don't take all of those locations to heart though...

Cause if you look at mine

..............yeah :yoshi:
Yup, that's a yikes from me
*looks at own location*
Yup, another yikes from me, to me.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Don't take all of those locations to heart though...

Cause if you look at mine

..............yeah :yoshi:
Don't pretend like that's not your real location now. We all know that you've sold your soul to Yoshi by now. There's no need to deny it.

D

Deleted member

Honestly unless Rayman gets in :ultgnw: is still looking like my main. Really hope we get some more footage of him before release, I feel like we've seen sooooo little of him.
I just want to see more of his new animations. It's something that I'm really going to have to get used to, and the sooner, the better.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Haha, nice! If you don't mind me asking, do you live in Japan? (I hope that's Japanese language and not something else, otherwise I'm going to look like an idiot.)
Yes, I’ve been living here for the past 8 years but I’m originally from the States.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Is there anything else...unsightly I should be concerned about?
You don't wanna know about that. I cannot unseen what I've seen

So who you guys think is gonna be the next character on the site? I'm surprised that they didn't mention Pokemon Yellow in the American version of the site

KMDP

Smash Legend
I worry G&W's new gimmick of constantly changing his appearance for attacks is going to get visually distracting.
Maybe at first, for some people.

Everyone'll get used to it eventually.
In other news, I'm finally all caught up with My Hero Academia, the anime is a couple of episodes off of where I was in the manga, so it rekindled my desire to catch up.

Good stuff. I'm actually really surprised MHA dropped from "Consistent Top 5" to "~11th Place" on Shonen Jump's Weekly Rankings last year. I dunno, maybe the other series' are just better, or maybe the kids who send their votes in every week have terrible taste.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If anything I hope Mr.G&W's new animations will make it easier for me to tell what he's doing. Probably not though, my main issue with him has always been the choppiness of his animations, not the moves themselves.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
inb4OMGSkullKidconfirmedforsmash!

But, really, I'm curious about why they show the moon as AT instead of Skull Kid?
You say that like Skull Kid's definitely totally playable.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
inb4OMGSkullKidconfirmedforsmash!

But, really, I'm curious about why they show the moon as AT instead of Skull Kid?
Probably because Sakurai has other plans for Skull Kid
He's Gonna Be a Boss. No really, I'm not Joking...

Last edited:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Hmm, they started the week without a fighter and it's instead an item. Interesting...
That is interesting indeed... I've been keeping track of the blog as well, and this is the first week since the game was officially revealed at E3 that we haven't had a post about a fighter on a Monday.

Definitely something to keep in mind though...

EDIT: Forgot to add in "Monday." I must be getting tired. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I feel like character blog posts are just slowing down and the rate at which we get them is going to drop.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I think that, if anything, the new animations will better help indicate what's being used. I can't recall in what exact scenarios, but there are some places where G&W is on a black background on a dark stage, you can't tell at all whats going on. His outline helps, but I think the new animations will take that to a new level.

Really, I just want to know which animation is the memeist. That way I know what I'm spamming during KOs.

Back on Rayman tho, is it bad I'm pretty much mentally blocking out any leak that doesn't mention him? Fanboyisms aside, Ubi really deserves a rep.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
I feel like character blog posts are just slowing down and the rate at which we get them is going to drop.
That is possible as well. I do think we'll have a blog post for every fighter before the game is released, so with today's update that leaves 54 potential updates until launch. There is the possibility that they will also want to go over all the new items, Assist Trophies, Pokémon and any other new stages if we get them before release too, which would make up the other potential updates I feel.

All things to consider either way though; could also be they wanted to update things in a different pattern this week, which is also possible.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Favorite ladytype in Smash?

Palutena and Samus are probably my favorites as characters, but Peach is my favorite to play as. I also always default to female for characters who have a gender option.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Probably because Sakurai has other plans for Skull Kid
He's Gonna Be a Boss. No really, I'm not Joking...
Alright you know what, I'm so confident that Skull Kid SPECIFICALLY (so this allows Majora being a boss) won't be a boss that I'm willing to make a bet.

If regular old Skull Kid is a boss in Spirits AND not playable either, I will do... something. You guys can give me ideas if you want, I was thinking of pulling something similar to DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon and changing my icon to something anti Skull Kid/pro another character I don't care for.

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
random hot take but Mario & Luigi Dream Team has the best soundtrack of any Mario game and I wish Smash had more Mario RPGs music

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
random hot take but Mario & Luigi Dream Team has the best soundtrack of any Mario game and I wish Smash had more Mario RPGs music
Been listening to Adventure's End most of the day today, so I concur. Of course, I'll take any extra music from Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario and (if Geno makes his way in) Super Mario RPG in Ultimate.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'll go as far as to say Samus is my fav Smash gal.

I guess Rosalina too. There's something about her that I like for some reason...

That all will obviously change though if Medusa makes the cut.

D

Deleted member

Do any Kirby fans know where I can start in the series? I want to get into Kirby. I'm interested in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom