• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Do any Kirby fans know where I can start in the series? I want to get into Kirby. I'm interested in it.
Kirby's Adventure for the NES.

Introduced the Copy ability, uses the NES hardware to its fullest. Has a fantastic soundtrack and is filled with many reoccurring characters. You can get it for pocket change on the 3DS or Wii U.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Do any Kirby fans know where I can start in the series? I want to get into Kirby. I'm interested in it.
Start with Kirby Super Star or Super Star Ultra. They're the best ones. They have 8 Different Scenarios (even more in Ultra), and they share a lot of Gameplay mechanics with Smash Bros (Because Sakurai)... So you'll get used to it quickly. Also, a lot of stuff from this game were later brought into Smash Bros, (Like Halbird, and The Great Cave Offensive).
Fight Me

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord

Introduced the Copy ability, uses the NES hardware to its fullest. Has a fantastic soundtrack and is filled with many reoccurring characters. You can get it for pocket change on the 3DS or Wii U.
Agreed, this gives you the absolute basics of the franchise. After that, I'd recommend Kirby 64 and Kirby Super Star.

D

Deleted member

Start with Kirby Super Star or Super Star Ultra. They're the best ones. They have 8 Different Scenarios (even more in Ultra), and they share a lot of Gameplay mechanics with Smash Bros (Because Sakurai)... So you'll get used to it quickly.
Fight Me
Agreed, this gives you the absolute basics of the franchise. After that, I'd recommend Kirby 64 and Kirby Super Star.
Thanks for the input guys! I'll be sure to check them out when I have the time.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
You know, speaking of soundtracks, I wonder how the famous RickRoll would go with Mario's voice in Smash

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Alternatively to this @Alastor017, if you have a few more dollars to spend you can start off with Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland which is a clean remake of Kirby's Adventure and is readily available on the Wii U VC and was the first appearance of the Fountain of Dreams theme we all know so well.

Either way, Kirby's Adventure is the best place to start. That or Kirby Superstar.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I personally prefer Adventure, but Superstar is such a killer game. Several modes, including Great Cave Offensive and Meta Knight's Revenge are unrivaled to this day.

D

Deleted member

Alternatively to this @Alastor017, if you have a few more dollars to spend you can start off with Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland which is a clean remake of Kirby's Adventure and is readily available on the Wii U VC and was the first appearance of the Fountain of Dreams theme we all know so well.

Either way, Kirby's Adventure is the best place to start. That or Kirby Superstar.
Got it. Will be on the look out for it.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

(Gourmet Race was the origin of Fountain of Dreams theme but anyway),

I personally prefer the original but the remake is good as well.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Thanks for the input guys! I'll be sure to check them out when I have the time.
There's also Kirby and the Amazing Mirror for GBA (and Wii U VC). It's a lite Metroidvania with 9 different areas, rife with switches to activate shortcuts, and a bunch of different treasure chests filled with spray paints to change Kirby's color, area maps, life expansions (basically pieces of heart from Zelda), and music for sound test. You also get to fight Master and Crazy Hand as sub-bosses, and can obtain a Smash copy ability from them (basically Kirby's Melee moveset).

Shroob

Sup?
1537744035815.png

You know people are grasping at straws when they think that THIS thing is a Geno reference.

Like, the only similar thing about them is the brown head, that's it.

Pakky

Smash Hero

This needs to be a thing with everyone...

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Oh god. I had the thought "what if Mario and the others picked it up" before, but I didn't think actual art would come out of it.

Pakky

Smash Hero

:ultridley:(bird noises) Well whew.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly there's not really a bad place to start. Adventure and it's remake Nightmare in Dreamland will make you understand the basics, Super Star and Super Star Ultra are known as classics and really set the standards for many people by introducing more complex movesets than "Hit the B button" while still being easy to understand, 64 has some more puzzle focus and trades complex movesets for ability combining, Squeak Squad while very basic has you explore for a lot of treasures which actually give you goodies like alternative colours for Kirby, an extra move for Kirby's abilities, puzzle pieces, and more, Return to Dreamland has great co-op and overall is considered one of the best games, Triple Deluxe while a bit weaker imo is considered great and starts introducing some more complex villains, Planet Robobot greatly expands on Triple Deluxe and although filled with LOTS of fanservice for Kirby fans, is honestly the best game in the series if you ask me while having the best gimmick and puzzles. Star Allies is easy even by Kirby standards and I would say it's a bit lackluster but the free DLC characters really make up for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom