• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If Sakurai wants to tick people off, that's one way to do it. I haven't played BotW myself, but I've seen gameplay of it- and you'd think he'd have an entirely different move set than the link we've had more or less for the past 4 Smash games.
Why? All that's new are his rune abilities. He still has a bow, boomerang, spin attack, and bombs (from the rune at least)

I mean I don't see the other rune abilities translating into Smash in an interesting way.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I think this means Link won't have Gale Boomerangs, and maybe, if he has the lizalfos ones, it'll be hard hitting.

but yeah, I could see him getting a new up B at the very least. I don't think the runes will be used for link

Luminario

Smash Lord
I think it was more acceptable to do that in Melee (and with an attack the player never actually uses), instead of in Smash Five, given where we have come.
I dunno, they've always been one for creative liberties when it comes to Smash movesets. They could just as easily do something completely different with her, but movesets usually stick. They don't have to change her teleport either as the Sheikah Slate allows her to do that too.
Dude. You just made me realize. They might give Zelda the power of the Champion's spirits! At this rate, Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf could all become as good as newcomers.
It's a big possibility. Daruk's Protection fits directly over Nayru's Love too, and Revali's Gale could be a new recovery as a theatrical tornado. The only one who doesn't fit is Mipha, as her power doesn't really work well as a special (for the way I want Zelda to be anyway) and the Power of Sealing is good down B inspiration instead. BotW gave us good material for all Zelda characters but whether or not it's used is up to Sakurai.

FlexTapeF0rever

Smash Cadet
Detective Pikachu would be a great costume. I also want a new Final Smash for the Ice Climbers. Summit is Brawl was ok, the only cool part was when Nana and Popo put their hands together to raise the Ice.
I think their new final smash should be curb stomping a 3DS for it being the reason they were cut:popo:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I think this means Link won't have Gale Boomerangs, and maybe, if he has the lizalfos ones, it'll be hard hitting.

but yeah, I could see him getting a new up B at the very least. I don't think the runes will be used for link
I think it'd be cool to have a faster Lizalfos boomerang that perhaps does more damage but less knockback.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Didn't sakurai said that he considers smash 3ds and smash u as smash 4 and smash 5 respectively?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Honestly, I think Lyn has a better shot than other FE characters AT THE GAME'S LAUNCH.

Plus, I doubt Fire Emblem needs the promotion anymore (The reason for Corrin's inclusion), it's pretty gosh darn big.

Didn't sakurai said that he considers smash 3ds and smash u as smash 4 and smash 5 respectively?
He did.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Super Smash Bros. Tournament Edition

Super Smash Bros. EX

Super Smash Bros. Shin

Super Smash Bros. Universe

Super Smash Bros. KO
(what I think the real title will be)
Super Smash Bros Megamasters

That's actually a name my friend came up with 11 years ago lol.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Honestly, I think Lyn has a better shot than other FE characters AT THE GAME'S LAUNCH.
Yeah I've felt that way as well. Feh's CYL voting made it very apparent that Lyn is one of the most beloved characters in the franchise. I personally think she has as good a chance to get added as any other Fire Emblem character.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Yeah I've felt that way as well. Feh's CYL voting made it very apparent that Lyn is one of the most beloved characters in the franchise. I personally think she has as good a chance to get added as any other Fire Emblem character.
Heroes along with her inclusion in Warriors (BY THE WAY, Lyn was the ONLY CHARACTER in Warriors that was from a game outside of the main ones that didn't release in the last year. Her popularity is totally noticed.) make me put her in my personal prediction list.

I'm trying to stay open-minded when predicting characters this time, last game half the newcomers were characters nobody expected.

Infinite was an option til Marvel vs Capcom Infinite happened.
Super Smash Bros. Fighterz

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Heroes along with her inclusion in Warriors (BY THE WAY, Lyn was the ONLY CHARACTER in that from a game outside of the main 3 that didn't release in the last year. Her popularity is totally noticed.) make me put her in my personal prediction list.

I'm trying to stay open-minded when predicting characters this time, last game half the newcomers were characters nobody expected.

Super Smash Bros. Fighterz
Lyn is the only FE newcomer in my prediction roster. I don't find any other known character who is not already in the game to be as iconic as her. First North American Lord and far-and-away the most popular female character in Fire Emblem.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
One word isn't ripping off.
Quite honestly that would be ugly from a business perspective, especially when Smash has all the time in the world to come up with a different name for their game. If they happened to be announced in the same day and had no idea of the other, fine. But there has been such a gap, it would be very offensive to Capcom from a business perspective for Nintendo to attempt to use the same title.

AadmM

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6988-1941-7966
For the names, just stick to numbers from now on and call it good, I say. Or better yet, Roman numerals. 'Cuz that just looks cooler.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I think Super Smash Bros V would look nice aesthetically. But someone pointed out earlier that Sakurai kind of views 3DS and Wii U as 4 and 5 respectively, so Super Smash Bros V might not work.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
That's not an insult. Capcom doesn't own the word "infinite".
What, using the defining word in Capcom's most recent fighting game to define Nintendo's much popular crossover the next year to define their own?

The thing here is timing. If this game came out 5 years later, it probably wouldn't be an issue. but releasing a game with the same subtitle in the same genre is confusing. Doing this deliberately would probably be shutting down MvC Infinite since Smash will be infinitely (haha) more popular.

"Oh did you hear? Infinite has more DLC!"

"Sick, I didn't know Smash was getting more stuff this early"

"What? No, I meant Marvel VS Capcom"

That's... not how Roman Numerals work.
Tell Call of Duty, not me.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
tbh capcom is the type of company that would try to copyright infinite
But really, how bad would it feel to be Capcom and see "Super Smash Bros Infinite" which is a fighting game (although a platform fighter, its a fighter nonetheless) come out shortly after Marvel vs Capcom Infinite that not only uses the same name, but two of the same characters too. Two of Capcom's biggest icons. It seems like a big kick in the juevos to Capcom if Infinite was the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom