• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Atari would have an even lower likelihood of a playable character in Smash most likely, so there's that.
I disagree...

Granted they've become irrelevant over the past years, but they're still important to gaming as a whole.

Maybe a little representation of Atari would be greatly appreciated If Smash is all about gaming as a whole.

Who wouldn't want to see Pitfall Harry and that classic tune? (oh wait that's Activision.)

I mean who wouldn't want to see something like Asteroids or Centipede into the fray?

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
While I'm thinking of Fire Emblem.

Reminder: Captain Falcon showing up in the Robin Trailer in the Fire Emblem Cinematic Style and proceeding to nearly break the sound barrier on Lucina's face is one of the greatest things to ever happen in Smash.
I have to agree! That was amazing and I hope she didn’t lose her hearing...

You have no idea.

Waaaa Ridley!!!

I’m surprise how the past two days we talk about leaks and now we debate on if Waluigi is getting DLC or how AT can upgrade to playable and more. But I want to say that before Ultmate was announce I’ve never really seen characters like Waluigi or Ashley that high in demand because they were overshadowed by the likes of Ridley, K Rool, veterans and a few others that we fans wanted. Now that we have these characters in Smash I have to wonder if in the next Smash when we get Waluigi and Ashley that who else is a Nintendo character that is being overshadowed by them?

D

Deleted member

I disagree...

Granted they've become irrelevant over the past years, but they're still important to gaming as a whole.

Maybe a little representation of Atari would be greatly appreciated If Smash is all about gaming as a whole.

Who wouldn't want to see Pitfall Harry and that classic tune? (oh wait that's Activision.)

I mean who wouldn't want to see something like Asteroids or Centipede into the fray?
I'm hoping for E.T.

Problem is they'd have to get the rights from Comcast/Universal, and there's a highly requested character also owned by them...

Last edited by a moderator:

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
While I'm thinking of Fire Emblem.

Reminder: Captain Falcon showing up in the Robin Trailer in the Fire Emblem Cinematic Style and proceeding to nearly break the sound barrier on Lucina's face is one of the greatest things to ever happen in Smash.
Completely forgot about that! It's great that Falcon received so much (random) love. Hope F-zero receives some more love in terms of an echo this time around.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Out of a mixture of curiosity and boredom I've decided to look up the characters in Smash so far who do NOT have their own articles.
Why?

Dark Samus
Ness
Ice Climbers (Does have an article for the game.)
Sheik
Dr Mario (Does have an article for the game.)
Pichu
Lucina
Young Link
Roy
Chrom
Game and Watch (Does have an article for the systems.)
Dark Pit
Zero Suit Samus
Ike
Pokemon Trainer (Charizard and Squirtle have articles, Ivysaur does not.)
Lucas
Toon Link
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Greninja
Palutena
Robin
Corrin
Inkling
Simon
Richter
Isabelle
If I wasn't such a procrastinator you'd be able to take Chrom off that list soon. I'm like halfway done with his article's first draft. :p
That reminds me:

Chrom vs. Captain Falcon on Arena Ferox. The rematch we've waited 4 years for will soon be possible. :p
Now that we have set custom paths in Classic Mode for each character, not having a fight vs Captain Falcon on Arena Ferox for Chrom's Classic Mode would be such a missed opportunity.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I disagree...

I'm honestly not sure what character of theirs has a chance, so I would like it if you could show me some examples. Who would Sakurai most likely consider?

Tomorrow, technically. My brother shares his bday with Nintendo.
But isn't it the 23rd in Japan right now? Maybe that's what he meant...

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Because swimming in the air and moonwalking mid tennis match isn't meant to be silly?

The character is intentionally bizarre and stupid. He was a joke before memes made him one, not the other way around.
Brawl in the Family created a version of the character I have a heavy disdain for. You know what's going on and if you don't, well, it doesn't take long to Google it. I have to skirt around this because I do want this post to be taken more seriously than an average post about Waluigi.

I feel like since Brawl in the Family, Waluigi has been seen more as a joke character. While there's nothing wrong with the concept, it's not actually Waluigi's character. It's been what it's been reduced to by the internet because of Waluigi's seeming lack of a character. What little context Waluigi had is reduced to nothing.

Tingle is obviously a joke character. Hell, the Mario series has more apparent joke characters in the RPGs and such. The problem with Waluigi is that he kind of exists in a void between nothing and being a meme, which gets tiresome real fast. There's nothing actually to him that lends itself well to be a intentional joke character now, because you still need that in-between for Luigi and Wario that he was created for. If he was supposed to be a joke Mario Bro, then as I said, he's doing a bad job at being it in the actual games he's in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Snake would get mods in so many areas...

And I would expect voice mods like this.
I wish Cloud wasn't stupid and allowed extra voices because I want to use this so badly. The Final Smash is just perfect.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
If by default, you mean SOLDIER/FFVII Cloud, that's the only Cloud I use. I like his hair more.
Yeah. I just feel like all of the footage of him I've seen for awhile now has been AC Cloud.

Last edited:

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
I'm honestly not sure what character of theirs has a chance, so I would like it if you could show me some examples. Who would Sakurai most likely consider?
Practically I would choose Pitfall Harry since his game made the Atari 2600 what it is today, but he's owned by Activision, and there's a character by the company that is more received than the old school adventurer. (Starts with C & ends with B)

Other than that, most if not all Atari stuff lacked any characteristics since there were space shooters and licensed games based on movies, comics, etc, etc.

I'm not expecting anything Atari related to have a playable character, EVER! Assist trophies or regular trophies I can understand.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Default cloud actually looks like a sci-fi fantasy soldier instead of a fashion reject wielding an abstract art piece.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Practically I would choose Pitfall Harry since his game made the Atari 2600 what it is today, but he's owned by Activision, and there's a character by the company that is more received than the old school adventurer. (Starts with C & ends with B)

Other than that, most if not all Atari stuff lacked any characteristics since there were space shooters and licensed games based on movies, comics, etc, etc.

I'm not expecting anything Atari related to have a playable character, EVER! Assist trophies or regular trophies I can understand.
Only few examples I can think of are Yars' Revenge, Centipede, & Breakout.

Untouch

Smash Master
If i was in Sakurai's position I'd release a pokemon song on tuesday to throw the community for a loop.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman

I'm not expecting anything Atari related to have a playable character, EVER! Assist trophies or regular trophies I can only see as well, tolerable, to put it this way.

D

Deleted member

I only ever use Advent Children Cloud because of the longcoat and that's it.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bearded Isaac looks weird though.
Bearded Isaac > Normal Isaac

But I know I'm in a minority on this one, especially sense no one likes Dark Dawn. I've also never played a single Golden Sun game so that may be part of the reason why I prefer the beard design.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Now that we have set custom paths in Classic Mode for each character, not having a fight vs Captain Falcon on Arena Ferox for Chrom's Classic Mode would be such a missed opportunity.
Or an event match!

Speaking of Classic mode, though, I think it will still be somewhat randomized in regards to which opponents you fight. Probably going to be series based, just that each stage's series varies with the character. Looking at the screens in the August Direct, it seems like there are 6 regular stages, what appears to be a bonus stage and then the final battle, presumably with Master Hand, Crazy Hand and maybe Master Core once again depending on the difficulty level.

The screenshot above shows that round 2 for Kirby will be against Yoshi on Yoshi's Island (Melee), but the stage could be any Yoshi series stage and maybe the battle style could also be random with 2v2 (against two Yoshis with a random ally, perhaps), giant battle (with up to two random allies), Multi-Man Smash style team battle with multiple Yoshis and so on.

Guess we'll have to wait until the next Direct for more details or until the game's release.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm not a waluigi fan but i think the smash fanbase ****s on waluigi too much sometimes
On one hand, Yeah, I'll admit we're a little hard on him.
But at the same time, His Fanbase is Atrocious. They've taken him a bit too far. (have you seen what People have been sending to Sakurai on twitter just because Waluigi isn't getting in?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom