• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Why are we giving this leak the time of day again? Looks just as fake as the others.
Because it has characters like Vault Boy and Mach Rider that no one is guessing at. They're not the same characters every other leaker is saying

That's a terrible reasoning for believing a leak.

Look how detailed "Gillybal" was, for example.
I'm not sure who that person is

Last edited:

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
Mii Costume in Smash 4, almost certainly due to fan demand. Even his song came along for the trailer. Received a Splash Screen.
Sakurai has discussed his own want for Geno in Smash.
Indisputably a king of the fandom, has been for a long, long time. The Big 3 don't really exist, I've learned, but if there were a big 5 overall? Geno's in there.
Out of curiosity, who would you say the (hypothetical) "big 3" are then?
I've always considered it K Rool, Ridley, and Geno. If 5, Banjo and Isaac.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Because it has characters like Vault Boy and Mach Rider that no one is guessing at. They're not the same characters every other leaker is saying
So you're giving it the light of day because it features two characters that were put in this fake leak so people would discuss it more and give it more attention

Lol

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
You guys have me scrolling pages of this thread all the time because one hour you are talking about Steve from Minecraft and the next hour Im seeing a leak with Vault Boy and Sora and whatnot. At this point, every character under the sun is gonna be appearing in Smash Bros.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Out of curiosity, who would you say the (hypothetical) "big 3" are then?
I've always considered it K Rool, Ridley, and Geno. If 5, Banjo and Isaac.
Hypothetically?
K. Rool, Ridley, Geno. But as I learned from NonSpecificGuy today, it's varied throughout history. Isaac has been up there at one point.

I would say that I've always seen it personally as K. Rool, Ridley and Geno myself.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Okay but if we did actually get Vault Boy, that would be awesome!

I really want Fallout 4 on Switch...

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
So you're giving it the light of day because it features two characters that were put in this fake leak so people would discuss it more and give it more attention

Lol
Laugh at me if you want, but I think this leak is more likely than most leaks

Shroob

Sup?

I'm not sure who that person is
It was a leak posted here before the last direct.

It went into excruciatingly specific details about each part of the directaaaaaaaaaand it was fake.

Just because someone took 30 minutes out of their day to post a detailed 'leak' doesn't make it real.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I'm curious, vaan: What are your thoughts on the Vergeben Minecraft stuff? I don't think I saw you post about it earlier.
Not much reason for me to comment on it. Verg is just saying there may or may not be a Minecraft character, his sources aren't sure. If he can be correct regardless of whether Steve is playable or not, there's not much reason for me to pay attention.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
"Wii Remote Safety Instructor" exists as a deterrent for hitting people with the Wii Remote. He is not going to then be included in a game where his primary goal is to hit people with the Wii Remote, because that goes directly against the message Nintendo was conveying with those warnings.
Okay but the Wii Fit Trainer's primary goal is to help you become healthy but here she is breaking everyone's bones and eating donuts from off the ground.

Wii Remote Safety Instructor is basically a lock, like Goku and Waluigi.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

It went into excruciatingly specific details about each part of the directaaaaaaaaaand it was fake.

Just because someone took 30 minutes out of their day to post a detailed 'leak' doesn't make it real.
They seem like characters Sakurai would put in, to me at least

Potato_

Smash Lord

In fact, the real text leaks usually don't bother with that ****. They just list what they know and that's it, no fluff or details beyond what's necessary.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Real leakers don't guess unless they add their own speculation on information; they have sources.

Though, Sakurai did consider Mach Rider during Melee, which I believe is the reason why it has a Mach Rider music track...

...however, this leak seems really unlikely. In fact, he types everything out, but misses the fact that Starman is an AT.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lol
Hey guys, I work at Nintendo as a graphic designer, and I have some info about Smash Ultimate I'd like to share.

Homura Akemi is in as a new playable character.
Star Butterfly makes a surprise appearance as Zelda's echo.
PSY is the final playable character due to immense Korean demand.

This does not go against the box because King K. Rool is being cut from the roster and will be released as free DLC for Online subscribers. Everything else is being shifted to accommodate Star.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Laugh at me if you want, but I think this leak is more likely than most leaks
I'm sorry buddy but like...come on.
A New Vegas stage? Before a 3 or 4 stage?
VAULT BOY???

Believe if you want but be cautious.

Hey guys, I work at Nintendo as a graphic designer, and I have some info about Smash Ultimate I'd like to share.

This does not go against the box because King K. Rool is being cut from the roster and will be released as free DLC for Online subscribers. Everything else is being shifted to accommodate Star.
WHERE IS GOTHITELLE YOU FOOL

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
And that's your opinion, not fact.

You can believe this leak if you want, but it's 99% plausibly fake.
It may be fake, and I'm not saying I believe it. I'm just saying it seems more likely to me than most leaks we see on a daily basis

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Nah, I'm pretty sure PSY himself doesn't want Gangnam Style to be popular anymore.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Real leakers don't guess unless they add their own speculation on information; they have sources.

Though, Sakurai did consider Mach Rider during Melee, which I believe is the reason why it has a Mach Rider music track...

...however, this leak seems really unlikely. In fact, he types everything out, but misses the fact that Starman is an AT.
Problem is that Prima Strategy Guides often do miss details/get things wrong.

So that isn't an entire knock against the leak. I don't believe it either, but it's quite common to see mistakes.

D

Deleted member

WHERE IS GOTHITELLE YOU FOOL
Gothitelle will be the second DLC character, released about 17 minutes after King K. Rool. She comes with her own echo fighter, Gardevoir. Mario2 will be released an hour and 5 minutes after Gothitelle.

Nah, I'm pretty sure PSY himself doesn't want Gangnam Style to be popular anymore.
Gangnam Style is not in the game. Other PSY hits have been added, including Gentleman, Napal Baji, and Daddy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Vault Boy wouldn't work for me because I wouldn't want Vault Boy unless he is as vulgar, violent, and caroonishly gory as he is in the games. A lot of his humor comes from how "rated M" he is despite his happy 1950s aesthetic.

Last edited:

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
Been around, never really left. Getting married in about three weeks so things are looking up. Been coming on almost daily because by some small miracle Geno's chances seem to be at their best that they've been in my entire 12 years here. Good stuff.
Hey man congrats! Here's to many good and happy years together!

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Sometimes it bothers me when people people disregard all leaks because "it's a leak and leaks are always bull****". Like, do you have tunnel vision? Both Brawl and Smash 4 had their entire rosters leaked, leaks happen.

Anyway, I see people are talking about the N64 Classic, so I'll throw my thoughts in:

I expect it to have roughly the same number of games as the SNES Classic (Maybe even more).
1. Super Mario 64
2. Mario Kart 64
3. Mario Party 2
4. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
5. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
6. Star Fox 64
7. Yoshi's Story
8. Super Smash Bros.
9. Pokemon Snap
10. Pokemon Stadium
11. Pokemon Stadium 2
12. Donkey Kong 64
13. Banjo-Kazooie
14. Diddy Kong Racing
15. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
16. F-Zero X
17. Waverace 64
18. Excitebike 64
19. Paper Mario
20. Bomberman 64
21. Rampage: World Tour
22. Mario Tennis
23. Mega Man 64

Then pipe dream games that I wouldn't expect, but would love:
Star Wars: Rogue Squardon
Glover
Mischief Makers
Space Station Silicon Valley
Toy Story 2

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
how would sakurai make the V.A.T.S. system work in Smash
For me that'd be FS, you stop time, pull out a gun, and get to choose who you shoot and how many times. Could spray everybody and hope for the best or concentrate it all on one guy and get the kill for sure

Shroob

Sup?
Wait, so are we or are we not tacking Steve? onto Vergeben's claims.

I know he's been saying "Minecraft is in" since May, and it WOULD be weird, to me at least, for it not to get a character.... but that's just my opinion.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Disney could bribe Sakurai to put Mickey in Smash
Sora without Mickey would be like Mario without Luigi
I can’t really see Disney bribe to have their multi-billion dollar character in Smash because most likely they’ll want both Star Wars & Marvel into the game. But I do agree with you that without Mickey, Sora wouldn’t really be the same...

Out of anyone outside of gaming that should join Smash Bros would be Mickey Mouse because he is a classic all the back to 1920’s and would work to see a fight between Mickey, Mario, Megaman, Sonic, PAC-Man!

You guys have me scrolling pages of this thread all the time because one hour you are talking about Steve from Minecraft and the next hour Im seeing a leak with Vault Boy and Sora and whatnot. At this point, every character under the sun is gonna be appearing in Smash Bros.
You should have been here like 12 hours earlier to see the talks about one leak about GarnBlue character coming which is from the same leaker that Verg compared notes about Minecraft with. It was a very interesting topic and pretty much started a new form for supporting this character here now.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
And if anything it'd be the Mickey Mouse from Kingdom Hearts not the actual one.
If Sora got in, and they had to throw Mickey into it, I feel it'd be him hooded or cloaked as a trophy of some sort.
I feel it'd be a coy nod putting his appearance and all that under "REDACTED" or "TOP SECRET" kinda like the motion sensor bomb from back in Melee.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lets be honest though the most iconic gaming mascot (Mario) and most iconic cartoon mascot (Mickey) in the same game. I can only imagine the amount of sales that would make...

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wait, so are we or are we not tacking Steve? onto Vergeben's claims.

I know he's been saying "Minecraft is in" since May, and it WOULD be weird, to me at least, for it not to get a character.... but that's just my opinion.
He didn't exactly confirm he'd be playable; he knows there's Minecraft content, but he's not sure what.

Steve would be great, though, in my opinion, but of course I'd much rather have Banjo-Kazooie; however, at least Minecraft could give Sakurai a chance for Banjo-Kazooie, as he already has his foot in the door. If Geno finally get's in, it could be a similar situation: go for the more-modern icon first, then go for the still-popular-but-lesser-known icon/character(s) next.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
So I see people suggest Aether Paradise as a potential Sun & Moon stage, but what about an Ultra Space stage? Perhaps starting in Ultramegalopolis and then traveling via wormhole to various locations with Ultra Beasts in the background.

In my opinion this would fit the best being that it would showcase what is most unique about the new generation. Ultra Beasts and Ultra Space. Especially if we are to assume that the playable Pokemon newcomer is Incineroar instead of one of the Ultra Beasts. And we've yet yo see them anywhere in the game otherwise. Like as new pokeball pokemon. Nor has a new beast ball item been shown off. Though perhaps these would be revealed alongside a Pokemon newcomer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom