• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Understandable. Metroid has arguably worse things that Doom enemies ever had.

Like the entirety of Metroid Fusion
What about new Doom where you're literally spending 90 percent of the game ripping apart hellspawns?

Like Doomguy without a gory chainsaw move just wouldn't be Doomguy

D

Deleted member

If you want a Fallout newcomer, Vault Boy does make the most sense as the mascot of the series.

Outside of Vault Boy, who else would be playable? Nick Valentine? :laugh:

I wish.
I'd wish for one of the protagonists, like the Lone Wander or The Courier. But that's just me.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'd wish for one of the protagonists, like the Lone Wander or The Courier. But that's just me.
I was kind of skeptical about the protags because they're avatar characters, but then I remembered the Inklings. So maybe? *shrug*

We aren't getting anything from New Vegas. I won't give into hope.

D

Deleted member

I was kind of skeptical about the protags because they're avatar characters, but then I remembered the Inklings. So maybe? *shrug*

We aren't getting anything from New Vegas. I won't give into hope.
What makes you say that?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I agree that Doom is more of a legacy than Fallout, but I don't think Doom is very fitting for Smash. The demons would be too mature for this game.
Well, Doomguy can be toned down. They did that for Snake and Bayonetta.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I feel mixed emotions knowing this very well may be possible in Ultimate.

The_Killah29

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Switch FC
SW-6336-0165-8517
Bayonetta and Snake retained a lot about them while simultaneously not making Smash too hot for tv

Its like putting Itchy and Scratchy into smash the wide eyed toothy smile doesn't work as well if ****ed up **** isn't simultaneously going on.
This was from the more modern Fallout stuff, which got waaaaay more giblit-y than back in Interplay's days.
He's a mascot, like Mickey Mouse or Mario. All of that could be toned down to fit the E10+ rating.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Bloodless Doomguy??? This **** is heresy

Rip and tear never mentioned blood in the phrase.

That's not nearly as mature as Doom
Oh please, maturity in Doom is only rated by goopy red stuff in us that parents don't want kids to see.
Doom is violent, but Metroid is what really scares you.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Man, I'm going to take an unreal pleasure if the final Smash Direct is Incineroar+Ken+Steve.

Like, the salt from that one Direct alone will be......it'll be beautiful.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Man, I'm going to take an unreal pleasure if the final Smash Direct is Incineroar+Ken+Steve.

No salt from me though. Although Ultimate is purely fan service it is still in the end his game and so the man can do what he wants. We're grateful he's given us the likes of Ridley and King K. Rool. Couldn't ask for anything better. I still do want Banjo, Black Shadow and Medusa but hey if they don't make the cut so be it. I'll surely be bummed out but in the end simply shrug and say oh well.

I have all respect to Sakurai. :)

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

But what about the salt that will ensue if the Final Direct isn't Incineroar + Ken + Steve?

And don't try to deny there won't be salt from this scenario, because there will be.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
But what about the salt that will ensue if the Final Direct isn't Incineroar + Ken + Steve?

And don't try to deny there won't be salt from this scenario, because there will be.
There would be? I mean it all depends on who we get instead.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

Oh please, maturity in Doom is only rated by goopy red stuff in us that parents don't want kids to see.
But there's a difference between a game that can scare you and a game that is mature. The Redeads in Ocarina of Time scared me and that game's rated E

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
There would be? I mean it all depends on who we get instead.
What I'm saying is I'm pretty sure at least some people are pushing for Ken, Incineroar and Steve because they want those characters (also Vergeben).

For all we know, this'll be the first Smash without a Pokémon Newcomer in the base game, it all depends.
Lets be honest regardless of who gets into the roster. There's bound to always be salt. Look at Waluigi and Ashley...
*plays "Salt is a Way of Life"*

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice

Doom isn’t trying to be scary.

Also if you think Metroid is scary man I don’t know what to tell you. Never play Silent Hill or Alien Isolation

Shroob

Sup?

Also if you think Metroid is scary man I don’t know what to tell you. Never play Silent Hill or Alien Isolation
Fusion is definitely trying to play itself as a sci-fi horror.

It's not, but it has all the workings of one.

You basically being powerless against SA-X is akin to Alien and the Xenomorph.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Metroid has its set of scary moments/designs. But eh, it's not entirely meant to be like that.

Also, the issue with the leak is the weirdness behind it. We can't attribute the AT thing as being fake because Prima Guides constantly screw stuff up. Missing one item isn't a red flag. In addition, they are available online too, meaning him using the 3DS to record it doesn't prove it's fake.

It's likely fake, but we got no proof it definitely is right now.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't think it's been proven fake yet. I still think it has a possibility to be at least some what likely to be real.
It said that Starman (from Earthbound) is not an Assist Trophy when it actually is.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
All of this Bethesda discussion about Doomguy and Vault Boy

So unloved...

Vault Boy would fit nicely with the aesthetic of the game...on the surface at least. The comparison to Itchy and Scratchy or Ren and Stimpy is apt, though. If it doesn't end up with some ridiculous over-the-top ****, it's not Vault Boy.

He'd make a great assist if you wanted to make him a Bomberman-but-with-smart-bombs though.

And if we don't get the Sole Survivor, we should get best companion Danse. Or MacCready - his VA is already in :ultchrom:

---

The interesting thing that could come up from this 'Beth + Smash' thing is that there are still loads of possiblities. Sakurai's said that Nintendo presence is not a necessity but it is nice, and Fallout didn't get that until Shelter a few months ago. Skyrim (Elder Scrolls in general) was last November, but was one of the first games revealed for Switch in October 2016. Doom was on SNES (along with everything else) in 95, and had an N64 exclusive in 97. Also, Doom's a Beth second party technically.

Anyway, about this Smash x Bethesda news... here's something I wrote in Dovahkiin's thread (which you should all check out since he's awesome!)
I'm wondering how this is going to play into things now...

'Bethesda content' could be literally anything, from a playable character all the way down to just regular trophies (which would still be amazing to see, but not as cool as a playable Dovahkiin), and for a few notable games as well. Or are they already starting to put out feelers ane do the legal dealings for DLC? Add to that the box theory (which I'm not currently buying, but it does have some merit), and there's a lot of potential here.
  • Playable Dovahkiin - obviously the dream. Skyrim was really well regarded, and is one of the few western games to make a 40/40 on Famitsu. I'd kill to see this happen
  • Playable Doomguy - another possibility since Doom is basically the progenitor of FPS's, and I think he's got a bit more popularity behind him. Still, I don't know how much they like FPS games in Japan.
  • Either as an assist - definitely could still work out, and we haven't yet seen a playable Western character. Would still be great to see.
  • Mii Costumes - Dovahkiin's a great costume for the swordfighter and Doom's armor for the gunner. Throw in Vault Boy for the brawler and you've got a full set of Bethesda Miis
  • Bosses - I can't really see Alduin as a boss since Rathalos exists and there'd be overlap, but we could get some Doom bosses. Dunno the games, but don't they have some big demons as bosses?
I'd really be cool with DLC character packs, so I'd buy something that gives Dovahkiin and Doomguy with their own stages. Honestly anything that gets me DovahKirby would be glorious.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

>Alien Isolation
baby's first horror game? :rolleyes: it's not a bad thing to get spooked by a creepy atmosphere. if something looks horrifying, it's gonna look horrifying no matter the genre.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
It said that Starman (from Earthbound) is not an Assist Trophy when it actually is.
There are errors in these guides all the time, and it's possible they slipped up and forgot to put in that assist trophy

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now we're on Bethesda? Can't say I'm too invested on that front, Doom Slayer would be alright though, being an icon and all that.

The_Killah29

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Switch FC
SW-6336-0165-8517

^This guy never played Prime 2 and getting attacked by the Ing in the dark world while still in the base Varia Suit.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Now we're on Bethesda? Can't say I'm too invested on that front, Doom Slayer would be alright though, being an icon and all that.
Yeah. I think that if we are getting a Bethesda character, it will most likely be the Doom Marine.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Oh right.

Pikachu got a memory post.

What was Pikachu's number, and what was the memory's?
150 and 151. The blog is back in schedule. It's literally pointing to 6-8 extra characters in the blog, unless the pattern changes, it's 2-4 characters per week and they seem strict about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom