• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Prima leak’s roster is awesome, but Vault boy over Doomguy would be super jarring. More jarring than Steve over Banjo imo.

Chrono.

So acording to the leaks we're getting all this in the same game

Okay, this is epic.
Literally the only """leaked""" characters here are Incineroar and Ken.

We can't jump to conclusions regarding the rest, especially freaking Sora, and why the hell are Isaac and Shadow here? Neither of them have been rumored, much less leaked (text posts on 4chan don't count.)

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
If Sora got in, and they had to throw Mickey into it, I feel it'd be him hooded or cloaked as a trophy of some sort.
I feel it'd be a coy nod putting his appearance and all that under "REDACTED" or "TOP SECRET" kinda like the motion sensor bomb from back in Melee.
This, 100%. Knowing Sakurai, he wouldn't want any Disney representation in Smash, because Disney is not a videogame company

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
A leak that has Vault Boy in it has gotta be fake I mean why that character out of any others? Heck I'd even say compared to him Steve at least makes more sense.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Prima leak’s roster is awesome, but Vault boy over Doomguy would be super jarring. More jarring than Steve over Banjo imo.
Vault Boy is the unofficial mascot for Bethesda, and Minecraft is much bigger and more recognizable than Banjo-Kazooie. Because of this, I think Vault Boy and Steve are much more likely than Doomguy and Banjo. Plus, Vergeben said Minecraft would be in

The_Killah29

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Switch FC
SW-6336-0165-8517
Vault Boy wouldn't work for me because I wouldn't want Vault Boy unless he is as vulgar, violent, and caroonishly gory as he is in the games. A lot of his humor comes from how "rated M" he is despite his happy 1950s aesthetic.
Bayonetta.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Don't forget Snake. :p

Still though Vault Boy makes no sense as no one was even asking for him to begin with.
Nobody asked for Duckhunt or Wii Fit Trainer and they still got in. Sakurai doesn't have to make every newcomer a fan-favorite or fan-request

LetterO

Smash Lord
Didn't an interview with a Bethesda employee confirm they have talked with Nintendo about Smash before? That gives Vault Boy some credit.

Regardless, I honestly hope this is fake. While 9-Volt being an assist is great, I get very sad at there remaining to be 0 representation for Rhythm Heaven.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Nobody asked for Duckhunt or Wii Fit Trainer and they still got in. Sakurai doesn't have to make every newcomer a fan-favorite or fan-request
The difference with those is they didn't debut in Ultimate. This one is all about the fan service and ballot as many of the newcomers so far had shown like Chrom, Dark Samus, Daisy, King K. Rool and Ridley.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Didn't an interview with a Bethesda employee confirm they have talked with Nintendo about Smash before? That gives Vault Boy some credit.

Regardless, I honestly hope this is fake. While 9-Volt being an assist is great, I get very sad at there remaining to be 0 representation for Rhythm Heaven.
That's particularly why I think it's fake. Vault Boy just so happens to appear on a 'leak' mere days after that. Should those smash talks have actaully turned into anything worth merit, he wouldn't have said **** due to an NDA.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'd still imagine though there'd be a few Sakurai would want to throw in for himself like Medusa (Which I hope) so it'd be win-win. Most of the newcomers are fan requests but a few are by him that he wanted for himself.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
The difference with those is they didn't debut in Ultimate. This one is all about the fan service and ballot as many of the newcomers so far had shown like Chrom, Dark Samus, Daisy, King K. Rool and Ridley.
Even still, it doesn't have to be all about fan-service if Sakurai doesn't want it to. He may want to through in some characters that no one asked for, or maybe Nintendo wants him to add some characters that no one asked for. All I'm saying is that just because the characters so far have been fan-service and ballot doesn't mean all the newcomers have to

LetterO

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Even still, it doesn't have to be all about fan-service if Sakurai doesn't want it to. He may want to through in some characters that no one asked for, or maybe Nintendo wants him to add some characters that no one asked for. All I'm saying is that just because the characters so far have been fan-service and ballot doesn't mean all the newcomers have to
Also in the case of Duck Hunt. Ever since Melee until possibility Ultimate now. There always seemed to be a trend with adding a retro rep same with Pokemon.

Melee: Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch
Brawl: Pit (Uprising wasn't made at that time), R.O.B.
Sm4sh: Duck Hunt, Little Mac

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Also in the case of Duck Hunt. Ever since Melee until possibility Ultimate now. There always seemed to be a trend with adding a retro rep same with Pokemon.

Melee: Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch
Brawl: Pit (Uprising wasn't made at that time), R.O.B.
Sm4sh: Duck Hunt, Little Mac
And Mach Rider could possibly be the Nintendo Retro Rep for this game

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Vault Boy is the unofficial mascot for Bethesda, and Minecraft is much bigger and more recognizable than Banjo-Kazooie. Because of this, I think Vault Boy and Steve are much more likely than Doomguy and Banjo. Plus, Vergeben said Minecraft would be in
Oh I’m personally okay with Steve over Banjo, but acknowledge it’s off putting for some people.

I just feel like Doom carries more gaming history and legacy than Fallout, plus Sakurai mentioned Carmack by name as an influential developer. But Vault Boy could work I guess

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wait, so are we or are we not tacking Steve? onto Vergeben's claims.

I know he's been saying "Minecraft is in" since May, and it WOULD be weird, to me at least, for it not to get a character.... but that's just my opinion.
He hasn't gotten confirmation the character is coming. Thus, it's better to not tack it on as a claim yet. He isn't even sure if a SE character is DLC or not. Incineroar and Ken are his current claims, and he is kind of iffy on Minecraft content in general. He's had a lot of vague information on the Minecraft stuff right now. I wouldn't say he is claiming much of anything from that series. Yet.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think your more likely to see snow falling in Hell then you'll ever see Vault Boy in Smash. I even give Scorpion better chances and even that isn't guaranteed.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Oh I’m personally okay with Steve over Banjo, but acknowledge it’s off putting for some people.

I just feel like Doom carries more gaming history and legacy than Fallout, plus Sakurai mentioned Carmack by name as an influential developer. But Vault Boy could work I guess
I agree that Doom is more of a legacy than Fallout, but I don't think Doom is very fitting for Smash. The demons would be too mature for this game.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Bayonetta.
Bayonetta and Snake retained a lot about them while simultaneously not making Smash too hot for tv

1537500430234.jpeg

Its like putting Itchy and Scratchy into smash the wide eyed toothy smile doesn't work as well if ****ed up **** isn't simultaneously going on.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Plot twist! What if Sora is in fact the Square Enix newcomer Vergeben is talking about (He did say this Square Enix character was rather controversial)!

Could be wrong though!
Vergeben has state multiple times that there were little to no info about who is the next Square Enix rep. It can be any character really.

Also if Sora do make it in, I will be happy because I love to play Sora. But I also love Geno so this is a double edge sword for me...

Last edited:

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Bayonetta and Snake retained a lot about them while simultaneously not making Smash too hot for tv

Its like putting Itchy and Scratchy into smash the wide eyed toothy smile doesn't work as well if ****ed up **** isn't simultaneously going on.
Right now Vault Boy is reminding me a lot of the Killager memes.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If you want a Fallout newcomer, Vault Boy does make the most sense as the mascot of the series.

Outside of Vault Boy, who else would be playable? Nick Valentine? :laugh:

I wish.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
2001: Metal Gear will never come into Smash! Its content is too mature!
2014: Bayonetta will never come to Smash! Its content is too mature!
2018:
I agree about Doom, but I don't think Doom is very fitting for Smash. The demons would be too mature for this game.
You're really telling me that this thing

is too mature?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
2001: Metal Gear will never come into Smash! Its content is too mature!
2014: Bayonetta will never come to Smash! Its content is too mature!
2018:

You're really telling me that this thing

is too mature?
lol yes, I think the Pinky Demon is too mature. If little kids playing Smash see Doom in the game, they're gonna look it up and it may just be too mature for them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom