• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Regardless of Twitter stuff and leaks, i would LOVE for Sora to be in Smash, because if he's in, then Mickey Mouse could also have a chance of being added.
But Mickey Mouse isn't a videogame character, so I don't think he'd ever be in

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
This would be a WTF character of the highest order and I wouldn't even be mad.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Here's a chart. You can check off Miss Pupper :3
If K.K. Slider got playable, I wouldn't even be mad.

It would be a very interesting case. The IP is owned by Nintendo but Microsoft would need to be ok with the use of Banjo and Conker.

It's...possible. I wouldn't rule it out. I wouldn't expect it either, though.
Plus it's an old 3D game. How would they even reprogram it? Does anyone still own the source code?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
So what do you all think of the Prima guide leak? I could honestly see it being real and all these characters being in

D

Deleted member

For me, CT is in that rare tier of "I liked this pretty well, but boy is it overrated."

Also, I'm sure some will dispute what "THE RPG" is, if any.
CT is certainly not overrated when it did so much for RPGs and games as a whole, not to mention it still holds INCREDIBKY well even by today's standards.
New Game+, the battle system, non-random encounters, the spritework, the story structure, multiple endings, double and triple techs, the ****ING MUSIC, and the fact that it and FF ganes after IVmight as well be the first games with an actually good plot.

Chronot Trigger is THE RPG because it perfected the genre in ways that have yet to be surpassed
I mean I'm actually cool with that but I'd kinda prefer Chrono haha
Brother...
Fate undetermined I think.
Toad is in two movesets and Viridi is still in Reset Bomb Forest

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So what do you all think of the Prima guide leak? I could honestly see it being real and all these characters being in
one typo is all it takes
then again didnt the esrb leak have typos

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Been around, never really left. Getting married in about three weeks so things are looking up. Been coming on almost daily because by some small miracle Geno's chances seem to be at their best that they've been in my entire 12 years here. Good stuff.
Hey, congrads. Seems like yesterday this place was pouring over fake pics of Palutena, and now people are moving on out. Time flies.

Hyped for Ultimate? We've finally gotten K. Rool in the game, so they could add whoever they want and I wouldn't care!

D

Deleted member

This would be a WTF character of the highest order and I wouldn't even be mad.
Is this Azel from Panzer Dragoon Saga? The infamous RPG literally nobody can play because emulation is impossible since it's a Sega Saturn game?
...I'm 100% down.

Potato_

Smash Lord
If the picture is the same person as the OP of the Prima leak, then 100% fake. Why would he suddenly have the game after saying he only had access to the guide? Not to mention the spelling error on Helios.

If it isn't, I give it like a 10% chance of being real. Can't see them picking a New Vegas stage over a Fallout 3 or 4 stage.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
CT is certainly not overrated when it did so much for RPGs and games as a whole, not to mention it still holds INCREDIBKY well even by today's standards.
New Game+, the battle system, non-random encounters, the spritework, the story structure, multiple endings, double and triple techs, the ****ING MUSIC, and the fact that it and FF ganes after IVmight as well be the first games with an actually good plot.

Chronot Trigger is THE RPG because it perfected the genre in ways that have yet to be surpassed

Brother...

Toad is in two movesets and Viridi is still in Reset Bomb Forest
That is all subjective.

I would say it's aged well-enough though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Is this Azel from Panzer Dragoon Saga? The infamous RPG literally nobody can play because emulation is impossible since it's a Sega Saturn game?
...I'm 100% down.
I mean, it's a dragoon game. Just not that one.

His name's Dart.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

19 years ahead of you.
A good one though.

All jokes aside, Cross is an excellent game when treated as a standalone. If you treat it as a CT sequel? It's, uh...

Me trying to figure out what higher plane I must ascend to to understand the lore.

...Confusing, to say the least, ha ha. People who say Kingdom Hearts lore is bad have never played Cross and tried to understand how everything fits and what the heck the ending is supposed to be.

D

Deleted member

then again didnt the esrb leak have typos
If I recall correctly, someone intentionally sabotaged that screen to say "disablad" to spread misinformation. Could've just been some crack theory though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Nah, they wouldn't make a fan favorite character such as Shantae just a mere AT
It's fake
It has to
I think Shantae has a better chance of being an AT, even though she's my most wanted at this point

Well if Steve get's in... :troll:
I wouldn't be surprised at all, especially with that Vergeben has stated about it

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
"Wii Remote Safety Instructor" exists as a deterrent for hitting people with the Wii Remote. He is not going to then be included in a game where his primary goal is to hit people with the Wii Remote, because that goes directly against the message Nintendo was conveying with those warnings.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I think it's a bad fake leak.
I have to disagree. It has a lot of detail with the amount of ATs, Pokémon, etc. and the characters seem like characters Sakurai might add. I'm not 100% on board, but I could see it happening

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
When it comes to SquareEnix I'm kind of partial to Dragon Quest then other options. Admittedly I'm not sure which character I would choose from the series. Kind of the reason I've never included one on my chart lol

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Sora?

Alright, fam, I mean it's not Goku (impossible) but it ain't gonna happen.

I mean you're better off with Banjo or Ohla then basically anime mickey mouse (His design was inspired by Mickey and he literally has the icon as a keychain on the Kingdom Keyblade)
Maybe your right, but I still have hope for his inclusion.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I have to disagree. It has a lot of detail with the amount of ATs, Pokémon, etc. and the characters seem like characters Sakurai might add. I'm not 100% on board, but I could see it happening
A list is not detail. A list is a list. Anyone can make one and make it sound believable.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Wii Remote Safety Instructor" exists as a deterrent for hitting people with the Wii Remote. He is not going to then be included in a game where his primary goal is to hit people with the Wii Remote, because that goes directly against the message Nintendo was conveying with those warnings.
I'm curious, vaan: What are your thoughts on the Vergeben Minecraft stuff? I don't think I saw you post about it earlier.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Famitsu's fan poll from last year ranked Dragon Quest III as the 2nd greatest game of all time, and Chrono Trigger as number 8. Especially notable in that the list suffers pretty heavily from recency bias and yet these two still make the top ten.

Shroob

Sup?
That's a terrible reasoning for believing a leak.

Look how detailed "Gillybal" was, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom