• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Another thing to point out:

He says here jobs are on the line if SE character was leaked. Now, this is probably obvious for any character leak, but do you think the fact he mentioned it means it's a larger more protected character (FF, KH, or DQ)? Specifically, Sora since it'd have 3 companies corresponding for a single fighter.
Orrrrrrr is this nothing?
Sora does sort of fit the role of someone Nintendo wants everyone to be hush hush about. He feels like the next "impossible character" to be added to Smash after Ridley and a returning Snake. Most people just cite Disney as the sole factor against Sora's inclusion.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Another thing to point out:

He says here jobs are on the line if SE character was leaked. Now, this is probably obvious for any character leak, but do you think the fact he mentioned it means it's a larger more protected character (FF, KH, or DQ)? Specifically, Sora since it'd have 3 companies corresponding for a single fighter.
Orrrrrrr is this nothing?
This is interesting and honestly I think it may be that, similar to K. Rool, this character has been long requested and is a bit more protected than most. I'd think Geno would fit this bill.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What's this about a Sora tweet?
Sora man goes "hey sora in smash would be cool"
Sora fan whos a little too sora fan says "omg soras in smash he did it bros"
Sora man deletes tweet

That's the short way of saying it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't expect Sora, but I wouldn't be against it.
Would be odd without Donald being there to let me down, though

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Since when is doing 1v1s on For Glory or a future ranked mode suppose to be easy or fun from a beginner / casual perspective. I got my *** kicked hard in DBZF in my first few matches which then prompted me to go into training mode to practice combos and mechanics. If you want FUN go on the mode called FOR FUN!. You have to fight for your glory and fun sir.
Damn you must be fun at parties...

Potato_

Smash Lord
So we got 4 Square Enix contenders from what it seems.

Geno vs. Erdrick(?) vs. Lara Croft and, debatably, vs. Sora.
Well if people wanted to be surprised I guess they got what they wanted. All four of these have a legitimate shot. Hell I'd even add Sephiroth there considering they TECHNICALLY wouldn't have to add music for him.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Well if people wanted to be surprised I guess they got what they wanted. All four of these have a legitimate shot. Hell I'd even add Sephiroth there considering they TECHNICALLY wouldn't have to add music for him.
I wouldn't add Sephiroth seeing as I literally refuse to believe they would add Sephiroth without One-Winged Angel.

D

Deleted member

And I weird or do people not actually play competitively to have fun? Casual and competitive are just two different ways to have fun, are they not?

View attachment 165808
Yes. I'm not like super hardcore competitive player, but I haven't missed a single tournament at school so far because I love playing this game. Sometimes I have more fun messing around in friendlies, sometimes I have more fun in serious matches. Either way I suffer because Shulk is the worst.

Last edited by a moderator:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I wanted to post this earlier but work and life got in the way and, knowing how fast this thread moves, I imagine we are way past what my post is about and sorry if this is maybe off topic.

I asked people what would be an intersting stage ideas for Dragon Quest and I got some interesting replies which made me really want one. It got me interested in other stages based on first and third party properties/games that doesn’t have a rep/without the attachment of an actual represent:

Golden Sun Venus Lighthouse
Pokémon Sun and Moon Aether Headquarters
Pokken Tournament Neos City (Night)
Super Mario RPG Forest Maze
ARMs Spring Stadium
Nintendo Labo Labo City
Xenoblade Chronicles X New Los Angelos
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Empire of Mor Adain
Chibi-Robo Sanderson’s Home
Rhythym Heaven Night Walk
Fossil Fighters Fossil Arena
Style Savy Savy Studio
Mach Rider Earth 2112
Urban Champion Urban Brawl
StarTropics Coracola
Captain Rainbow Minmi Island
Wave Race Dolphin Park
1080 Snowboarding Halfpipe
Fatal Frame Katashiro Shrine
Resident Evil Racoon City
Devil May Cry Underworld
Monster Hunter Ancestral Steppe
Tales of Symphonia Tower of Salvation
Tekken Mishima Dojo
Digimon Digital World
Ninja Gaiden Hayabusa Village
King of Fighters Navajoland
Crash Bandicoot N. sanity Beach
Spyro the Dragon Artisans
Kingdom Hearts Twilight Town
Braverly Default Ancheim
Tomb Raider Paititi
Rayman Land of the Livid Dead
Assassin’s Creed Masyaf
Starlink Haven
Minecraft Village
Banjo-Kazooie Spiral Mountain
Halo Installation 04
Killer Instinct Ultratech Factory
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Whiterun
Fallout Megaton
Doom Kadinger Sanctum
Overwatch Junkertown
World of Warcraft Ogrimmar
Dark Souls Blighttown
Darksiders Well of Souls
Mortal Kombat The Pit
Half-Life B.M.R.F.
Far Cry Shanath Arena
Star Wars Force Unleashed Death Star
Lord of the Rings Shadow of Mordor Black Gates of Mordor
Dragon Ball z Planet Namek
Naruto Konohagakure
Bleach Soul Society
ONE PIECE Thousand Sunny
Attack on Titan Wall Maria

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hopefully, on the off chance that Steve? makes it in, he isn't as broken as he was in Super Meat Boy.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Not sure if this has been talked about. Possible this could come alongside a n64 vc with a popular n64 character reveal. Banjo?
It’s either N64:NSO or an N64 Classic Mini. I don’t see them announced N64:NSO since we don’t even have SNES on it yet.

Regardless, both can happen and will PROBABLY happen without a tie-in Smash reveal.

Untouch

Smash Master
I like how the "prima guide" "leaker" "has" "the prima guide" but is "taking a screenshot" of "the stage select screen"
hmm

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Untitled.png

I thought people learned how to take pictures by now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not sure if this has been talked about. Possible this could come alongside a n64 vc with a popular n64 character reveal. Banjo?
If this is for an N64 mini, I said I'd only buy it if by some miracle, GoldenEye ended up on there. There's just so many channels they'd have to go through to do that though, so I don't think it's likely at all.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Any """"""""""leak"""""""""" that is taken with an ancient camera running on a potato battery and also with the worst angle one could possibly take a picture at should be immediately disregarded.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I must be some kind of medium, because I think I've seen a ghost!

Haven't seen you in forever, Fats. How's life?
Been around, never really left. Getting married in about three weeks so things are looking up. Been coming on almost daily because by some small miracle Geno's chances seem to be at their best that they've been in my entire 12 years here. Good stuff.

Untouch

Smash Master
This is what the community needed, some fake fake screenshot leaks to bring us together to mock and ridicule them, just like the good old times (2 weeks ago).

D

Deleted member

Because countless people in this thread have been insisting Lara Croft is a gaming icon and I'd probably be shot if she wasn't on this list due to this threads recent obsession with her.
I mean, they're not wrong though I have a hard time seeing her getting in. It's orobably because I'm biased towards RPGs and that's what I think of when Sqaure is the subject, and I'd much rather have a classic FF character(be it Black Mage, Cecil or Celes) or my boy Crono.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Why Lara though?

Also, watch as it's Crono
in my dreams

What the **** is an Helios One
This is from the Prima leak, which said Vault Boy from Fallout would be a guest character. HELIOS One is an area from Fallout New Vegas that according to him would be his stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom