• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I still don't believe Verg if he believes something that I also believe in.
But if Steve, does get in, despite all the odds,
1518386893865.jpg
****ing called it and told you so, Verg has nothing on me.

But that's early celebration :redface: I can't say if Microsoft content is even coming.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Vergeben: This could potentially, conceivably be true.

People: VERGE SAYS THIS IS SUPER HAPPENING WHAT A HACK

Q-Long

Smash Lord
View attachment 165786

But that's early celebration :redface: I can't say if Microsoft content is even coming.
kaiba for smash, he can fuse king k rool, ridley, and bowser together to make Ultimate Nintendo Eyes Dragon

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
kaiba for smash, he can fuse king k rool, ridley, and bowser together to make Ultimate Nintendo Eyes Dragon
I...

I want it...........

View attachment 165786

I mean, there's no reason I was ever against him other than "I like Minecraft but I'd like steve better as an AT or something"
so congrats if he makes it in, my dude

“But now," says the Villager, "now that you're here, the word of the Isabelle seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”
I know I have no capacity to fire you from the writing team at all but you're promoted to reader

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
This whole Steve thing could be a Gematsu leak situtation where he isn't playable, but maybe an assist or a considered character.

Like Chrom or the Chorus Boys.

also nintendo add steven stone in the background or something in a pokemon stage, he is hella cute
I personally think they are testing him in general.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I...

I want it...........

I mean, there's no reason I was ever against him other than "I like Minecraft but I'd like steve better as an AT or something"

I know I have no capacity to fire you from the writing team at all but you're promoted to reader
Shouldn’t it be demoted lmao

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's implying I ever wanted him. :4ness: I just think he's the Cloud scenario I believed in three years ago. Just too big to be ignored.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Shouldn’t it be demoted lmao

That's implying I ever wanted him. :4ness: I just think he's the Cloud scenario I believed in three years ago. Just too big to be ignored.
I meant congrats on the prediction, haha.
I was saying that I never had any kind of anti-steve rhetoric that would directly contradict his inclusion.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Yeah, it has been mentioned...
One Side of me hopes it's real because Chorus Kids, But I know it's likely fake because it mentions Skull Kid (Who is basically deconfirmed because of the Music Theory,)
>Deconfirming characters because of the Music Theory.

This ain't it chief.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So you know how whenever someone suggest cuts, they get a lot of flack for it? Well I've been thinking about how I would decide on cuts for a new Smash Bros game and what I would do differently then most people who suggest these lists tend to do. First of all, it'll be a priority list. Characters on the top of the list will be the first to be cut, characters lower on the list will be characters I'd be more hesitant to. I see cutting as more of a necessary evil then a way to "clean" the games roster of characters I don't personally care for as most people who suggest this sort of list seem to.

I'm keeping all echoes and Dr.Mario unless the character they are echoing is cut as well. Cutting them seems unnecessary.

:ultyounglink: - Young Link and Pichu have their fans, but most of them were pretty understanding when they weren't in Brawl. At the end of the day they are just a smaller Link and a smaller Pikachu.
:ultpichu: - See above.
:ultwiifittrainer: - Wii Fit Trainer has her charms in Smash, but her popularity never took off as a joke character the same way Mr.G&W or Duck Hunt did. She was fine as a one off thing, but I don't think many people would miss her.
:ultlucas: - I'd hate to say it, but Lucas's fanbase is pretty niche. Nothing personal against the kid, it's just that the Mother series is already lucky to even have Ness.
:ultroy::ultchrom: - Even if Roy has been decloned a bit, even I won't deny there's an over saturation of FE characters in Smash. It was a toss up between him, Ike and Corrin, but ultimately I decided to cut the one who's least unique in move set and play style. I'd still be really sad to see him go though. Naturally no Roy also means no Chrom, unfortunately.
:ultjigglypuff: - Being a legendary member of the original 12 has given her plot armor so far, but let's be real here; even if she's still fairly popular in Japan she's not exactly necessary in anyway. Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, and Mewtwo basically have all of gen 1's bases covered, so Jiggs is just frosting on the cake.
:ultpalutena: - Another character who I'd hate to see go but would ultimately consider cutting anyway just because Kid Icarus sadly doesn't seem to have much of a future. I love Uprising to bits but I think that game's representation would still be fine even if it only had Pit.
:ultgreninja: - Greninja is popular, don't get me wrong, but whether it'll stand the test of time like Gen 1 mons or Lucario is still up in the air. I feel like it's the least recognizable of the admittedly strong Pokemon selection we currently have. Pokemon representation is already solid and I wouldn't be bothered too heavily to let one more guy go but of course I'm heavily biased in Ivysaur's favor.
:ultmiifighters: - Now this is one I'd be heavily conflicted on cutting. It's really novel being able to play as Mr.Rodgers, Abraham Lincoln or Star Butterfly, but these guys seem like a little bit of a pain to develop for because they're essentially three different characters. Even if they borrow several moves from other members of the roster, they still more resource heavy then what they're worth. Maybe they'd be more popular if they were allowed online and at tournaments though, so we'll see if more people play in them in Ultimate.
:ultrob: - I really love what a unique character ROB is and what he brings to the table with his playstyle, but just like Wii Fit Trainer, I don't think the fanbase will mourn his loss too heavily. But perhaps I'm just being heartless in suggesting that we kill off the last of a dying race.

If I were the dev, I might give :ultdarksamus: the old Doctor Mario treatment and make a few more tweaks so she's just barely outside of clone status. I don't think she's needs to be a full-fledged unique character but a lot of her fans don't seem fully satisfied with her echo status, so may as well throw them a bone.

Now I know this topic can be touchy, so feel free to start roasting me for suggesting that ROB is more important then Roy and Jiggles.

Last edited:

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
So you know how whenever someone suggest cuts, they get a lot of flack for it? Well I've been thinking about how I would decide on cuts for a new Smash Bros game. First of all, it'll be a priority list. Characters on the top of the list will be the first to be cut, characters lower on the list will be characters I'd be more hesitant to. I see cutting as more of a necessary evil then a way to "clean" the games roster of characters I don't personally care for as most people who suggest this sort of list seem to.

I'm keeping all echoes and Dr.Mario unless the character they are echoing is cut as well. Cutting them seems unnecessary.

:ultyounglink: - Young Link and Pichu have their fans, but most of them were pretty understanding when they weren't in Brawl. At the end of the day they are just a smaller Link and a smaller Pikachu.
:ultpichu: - See above.
:ultwiifittrainer: - Wii Fit Trainer has her charms in Smash, but her popularity never took off as a joke character the same way Mr.G&W or Duck Hunt did. She was fine as a one off thing, but I don't think many people would miss her.
:ultlucas: - I'd hate to say it, but Lucas's fanbase is pretty niche. Nothing personal against the kid, it's just that the Mother series is already lucky to even have Ness.
:ultroy::ultchrom: - Even if Roy has been decloned a bit, even I won't deny there's an over saturation of FE characters in Smash. It was a toss up between him, Ike and Corrin, but ultimately I decided to cut the one who's least unique in move set and play style. I'd still be really sad to see him go though. Naturally no Roy also means no Chrom, unfortunately.
:ultjigglypuff: - Being a legendary member of the original 12 has given her plot armor so far, but let's be real here; even if she's still fairly popular in Japan she's not exactly necessary in anyway. Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, and Mewtwo basically have all of gen 1's bases covered, so Jiggs is just frosting on the cake.
:ultpalutena: - Another character who I'd hate to see go but would ultimately consider cutting anyway just because Kid Icarus sadly doesn't seem to have much of a future. I love Uprising to bits but I think that game's representation would still be fine even if it only had Pit.
:ultgreninja: - Greninja is popular, don't get me wrong, but whether it'll stand the test of time like Gen 1 mons or Lucario is still up in the air. I feel like it's the least recognizable of the admittedly strong Pokemon selection we currently have. Pokemon representation is already solid and I wouldn't be bothered too heavily to let one more guy go but of course I'm heavily biased in Ivysaur's favor.
:ultmiifighters: - Now this is one I'd be heavily conflicted on cutting. It's really novel being able to play as Mr.Rodgers, Abraham Lincoln or Star Butterfly, but these guys seem like a little bit of a pain to develop for because they're essentially three different characters. Even if they borrow several moves from other members of the roster, they still more resource heavy then what they're worth. Maybe they'd be more popular if they were allowed online and at tournaments though, so we'll see if more people play in them in Ultimate.
:ultrob: - I really love what a unique character ROB is and what he brings to the table with his playstyle, but just like Wii Fit Trainer, I don't think the fanbase will mourn his loss too heavily. But perhaps I'm just being heartless in suggesting that we kill off the last of a dying race.

If I were the dev, I might give :ultdarksamus: the old Doctor Mario treatment and make a few more tweaks so she's just barely outside of clone status. I don't think she's needs to be a full-fledged unique character but a lot of her fans don't seem fully satisfied with her echo status, so may as well throw them a bone.

Now I know this topic can be touchy, so feel free to start roasting me for suggesting that ROB is more important then Roy and Jiggles.
Well, I agree with the first three and the miis at least.

Honestly the thing that I disagree with most is the "already strong pokemon roster"

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Yeah, it has been mentioned...
One Side of me hopes it's real because Chorus Kids, But I know it's likely fake because it mentions Skull Kid (Who is basically deconfirmed because of the Music Theory,)
Why would you want it to be fake because it'd disprove the Music Theory?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Y'know we really have slept on "Minecraft is getting SOME sort of rep" from the moment Verge leaked it.

We just always glanced over it.

It's coming back with a vengeance.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I think with K. Rool this is a complete game, and everything else is just bonus.
Dixie Kong and a Gen 7 Pokemon would be ideal, too. Maybe characters from unrepresented series like Golden Sun, Rhythm Heaven, and Chibi Robo, although I don't think they're as necessary.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Why would you want it to be fake because it'd disprove the Music Theory?
I don't want it to be fake... It's just that the music Theory has so much going for it, That Skull Kid kinda makes this leak fake for me...Zelda Already has a track up. so If Skull Kid were a Character, There probably wouldn't be a track up... I don't know I could be proven wrong but... yeah... I don't know... Also Rayman over Steve?

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, I agree with the first three and the miis at least.

Honestly the thing that I disagree with most is the "already strong pokemon roster"
This list was made assuming that Smash 6 would still be getting a Pokemon newcomer. Yeah most of the pokemon are gen 1, they still do a good job at showing the variety Pokemon can provide, and those monsters are known by fans of any generation.

Or maybe I'm just super biased because my boy :ultpokemontrainer: is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom