• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Excitebiker is lowkey someone I've wanted for awhile, but I'm unsure if Sakurai's figured out the 'bike' situation that kept him from making Mach Rider a reality.
Plus Balloon Fighter sorta has representation in Villager's Up special.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Saw this leak on Gamefaqs, thought it was an interesting read. Doesn't really say much but I think that's how I'd prefer real likes, nudges in the right direction rather than blurting out "HERES BLABLABLAH, have a rotten day"

And yes, all leaders are Wario

Link https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77020822

EDIT: meant to say all leakers were Wario, but found the auto-correct funny

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Saw this leak on Gamefaqs, thought it was an interesting read. Doesn't really say much but I think that's how I'd prefer real likes, nudges in the right direction rather than blurting out "HERES BLABLABLAH, have a rotten day"

Link https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77020822

You got Ninja'd and no one believes this """leaks"""" as it just says "Maybe yeee maaaybe thiiis" and basically use a lvl 10 skill called "politician talk" where it's a lot of nothing and a waste of oxygen.

People believe Vergeben because he's been "honest" and genuine. Whenever it's ****ting on the Smash community or actually delivering leaks even if he keep getting **** on.

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
Mach Rider looks like he could very similar to Captain Falcon in his basic move set. The specials could be combined with his Weapons and bike skills, that could makes him a not-Falcon clone. But I would be happy with Mach Rider,too.
Blood Falcon could be something like Alph, that makes more sense an makes less work than put him as Echo. Instead I wish a more unique new F-Zero Fighter. Black Shadow could be a Semi Clone with stunning skills and strong attacks.

edit: Hi forums^^

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Well this guy seems to get the "don't know for sure" side of leaking down, even if they are unduly rude to other leakers.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces

This guy seems to be suggesting that we’re getting more characters than just the box leak would suggest, but then he just goes and talks about information that has already been suggested by other leakers. If we really were due for a lot more characters, I would think that at least one of his supposed “sources” would know more than the same 3-4 we’ve heard about ad nauseam.

EDIT: Hell, he talks up a storm up about Shadow to begin with, but he never bother to clarify whether or not he’s in the damn game! I also find it super suspicious that he was able to be shared any footage whatsoever, let alone footage that can’t seem to confirm whether or not Skull Kid is a boss. If you think about it, a cinematic Final Smash and a boss attack should be very easy to tell apart just from sight anyways. He sure likes to tout his superiotity to vergeben, but I doubt any of this is legit.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Real talk, I don't think a developer going rogue would leak game info t the public. IF they got THAT disgruntled, they'd most likley put in an inappropriate easter egg.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Real talk, I don't think a developer going rogue would leak game info t the public. IF they got THAT disgruntled, they'd most likley put in an inappropriate easter egg.
It happens.
Ubisoft games get leaked on a daily basis but it's because they're pretty bad at keeping secrets and sometimes it's the higher up themselves that spill the beans to friends who then talk.

Or the infamous Assassin's Creed Leak where it was one of the Developer playing a build of the game in an Airport and happened to have a fan next to him.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nintendo severed ties with the developers of the Conduit games because that exact thing happened...
Releaseing too much info or the inapro-pro easter egg?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Releaseing too much info or the inapro-pro easter egg?
Leaking info about their game, which lead Nintendo to cancel the game because the devs didn't want to rat out their employees. Elements of that game are speculated to have been used later in Splatoon.

There's a whole "Did You Know Gaming" video on it...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Leaking info about their game, which lead Nintendo to cancel the game because the devs didn't want to rat out their employees. Elements of that game are speculated to have been used later in Splatoon.

There's a whole "Did You Know Gaming" video on it...
Alright, thanks for the clarification.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Guys, there's something I really have to get off my chest right now. I just impulse bought roughly 90$ worth of Pokemon merchandise and I'm not sure if I regret it or not.

Normally I'm really, really stingy with myself. I'm still preparing to move out of my parent's house and am hoarding boatloads upon boatloads of money, so splurges like this are exceptionally rare for me. I honestly feel a little guilty for it, even though there's no way I would have done it if it didn't fit within my current budget. But on the other hand, that Mewtwo gallery figure just looks so cool...

But then again, I guess Pokemon Let's Go plus the Pokeball+ accessory are about 120$ combined so I guess I just spent less on pokemon then a lot of other hardcore fans will in the following months.

In case anyone is wondering, I also got the Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card (I've been meaning to get that for awhile), the Dusk Wing / Dawn Main Necrozma figures (I don't collect the cards, but the figures were too cool to pass up) and a Guzzlord plush (my Mega Rayquaza was lonely sitting by himself, and buying the primal Groudon + Kyogre plushes on top of everything else would be too expensive for one night. I'll get them another time).

I blame amiibo for getting me caught up in this whole collecting craze in the first place.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Or the infamous Assassin's Creed Leak where it was one of the Developer playing a build of the game in an Airport and happened to have a fan next to him.
Quick, someone find the plane Sakurai is gonna take next!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Mach Rider looks like he could very similar to Captain Falcon in his basic move set. The specials could be combined with his Weapons and bike skills, that could makes him a not-Falcon clone. But I would be happy with Mach Rider,too.
Blood Falcon could be something like Alph, that makes more sense an makes less work than put him as Echo. Instead I wish a more unique new F-Zero Fighter. Black Shadow could be a Semi Clone with stunning skills and strong attacks.

edit: Hi forums^^
Howdy!

In terms of unique F-Zero possibilities, Deathborn is the big one, since he has vast powers that would make him akin to M. Bison. Even characters that don't seem as likely to fight could get unique movesets (Dr. Stewart using some brand-new tech, for example). The main issue is that Nintendo has to be made aware that fans actually want more F-Zero characters in Smash, regardless of the series' dormant status. Whether the ballot results will do something about it is a mystery at this stage.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I heard Tod Howard had a meeting with Sakurai

HMMMMMM

Also I never understood: Is Mach Rider from F-Zero?

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So I was looking around the Japanese site and saw they are advertising the Nintendo Live event in Tokyo and Kyoto in November. It's probably just like any other live tournament thing Nintendo has been doing, but I didn't know if those past ones were advertised on the Smash site.

Really don't want to have to wait until November though for our next info drop :/

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Guys, there's something I really have to get off my chest right now. I just impulse bought roughly 90$ worth of Pokemon merchandise and I'm not sure if I regret it or not.

Normally I'm really, really stingy with myself. I'm still preparing to move out of my parent's house and am hoarding boatloads upon boatloads of money, so splurges like this are exceptionally rare for me. I honestly feel a little guilty for it, even though there's no way I would have done it if it didn't fit within my current budget. But on the other hand, that Mewtwo gallery figure just looks so cool...

But then again, I guess Pokemon Let's Go plus the Pokeball+ accessory are about 120$ combined so I guess I just spent less on pokemon then a lot of other hardcore fans will in the following months.

In case anyone is wondering, I also got the Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card (I've been meaning to get that for awhile), the Dusk Wing / Dawn Main Necrozma figures (I don't collect the cards, but the figures were too cool to pass up) and a Guzzlord plush (my Mega Rayquaza was lonely sitting by himself, and buying the primal Groudon + Kyogre plushes on top of everything else would be too expensive for one night. I'll get them another time).

I blame amiibo for getting me caught up in this whole collecting craze in the first place.
If it makes you feel a little better, I bought figurines of Pokemon Trainer Rosa and Selene and I'm planning to get Lyra too from the Pokemon figure series and those are pretty pricy too...
I haven't even decided to take them out of the box yet because they just look too good in person... though I will eventually since I want to use them as reference for my 3D modelling projects.

Anyway, back to topic...

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Let's be honest.

Outside of Rhythm Heaven, 3rd parties of varying degrees, and Golden Sun, what other 'new universes' does Nintendo have to offer?

ARMs is apparently still too new ala Inklings in Smash 4.

aaaaaand...... what else is there without going hard on the 3rd parties?

With Splatoon and Castlevania here, the biggest 3rd party franchise left I can think of with heavy ties to Nintendo would be either Dragon Quest or Ninja Gaiden, moreso DQ.
Off the top of my head: multiple game universes:
Chibi-Robo
Dillon's Rolling Western
Advance Wars
Legend of Starfy
Sin and Punishment
Custom Robo

Not all are still running but there's a few left

osby

Smash Obsessed
Off the top of my head: multiple game universes:
Chibi-Robo
Dillon's Rolling Western
Advance Wars
Legend of Starfy
Sin and Punishment
Custom Robo

Not all are still running but there's a few left
Nintendo no longer owns the Custom Robo.

The others... I guess Chibi-Robo and Dillon would be cool.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Let's be honest.

Outside of Rhythm Heaven, 3rd parties of varying degrees, and Golden Sun, what other 'new universes' does Nintendo have to offer?

ARMs is apparently still too new ala Inklings in Smash 4.

aaaaaand...... what else is there without going hard on the 3rd parties?

With Splatoon and Castlevania here, the biggest 3rd party franchise left I can think of with heavy ties to Nintendo would be either Dragon Quest or Ninja Gaiden, moreso DQ.
Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents still aren't in here beyond trophies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I'm a collector too, and I've got swarms amiibo, figurines, and collectibles. What always helps me is prioritizing what I want. "Is this item going to sell out soon? Do I absolutely need this item as soon as it comes out, or can I wait a bit?" Then I'll try to save some money that's in my current budget so I won't have to dig into savings. "Instead of eating out on the weekend, I'll just make something at home."

It's okay to splurge every once and a while, and there's no reason to feel quilty about it. Just don't make it a habit. There's no way you'll be able to get everything you want to when you want it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If it makes you feel a little better, I bought figurines of Pokemon Trainer Rosa and Selene and I'm planning to get Lyra too from the Pokemon figure series and those are pretty pricy too...

I haven't even decided to take them out of the box yet because they just look too good in person... though I will eventually since I want to use them for reference for my 3D modelling projects.

Anyway, back to topic...
I'm a collector too, and I've got swarms amiibo, figurines, and collectibles. What always helps me is prioritizing what I want. "Is this item going to sell out soon? Do I absolutely need this item as soon as it comes out, or can I wait a bit?" Then I'll try to save some money that's in my current budget so I won't have to dig into savings. "Instead of eating out on the weekend, I'll just make something at home."

It's okay to splurge every once and a while, and there's no reason to feel quilty about it. Just don't make it a habit. There's no way you'll be able to get everything you want to when you want it.
In all honesty, I just feel guilty whenever I buy anything that's over 10$. Money is just something I get irrationally nervous about. I'm sure I'll feel better about it after a while. Actually now that I think of it, the last time I really splurged was back when BotW first released and I bought all of the amiibo for it, so it's been a good while since I've really treated myself like this.

Also Lyra as an echo fighter of Mario anyone?

Last edited:

SSB4Dojo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CommanderCanuck7
I know we are so removed to e3 but I keep rewatching the reveal trailer showing all the fighters. Nintendo has been on point with its trailers recently with BotW in the nintendo presentation and last e3s odyssey trailer. This trailer obviously was different focusing on the characters but how Sakurai did the ordering is so well done.

Start with the main fighters no one would question returning. Then show off ice climbers, making everyone super happy the duo returns. Then quickly head into inklings, the known newcomer at that point. A little later you see Squirtle and your brain just can’t process it. You expect purely Charizard and then immediately see Ivysaur and then Charizard realizing PT is back. Then we see Ryu and Cloud and are super happy that the licensing deals weren’t going to expire as most thought they were not returning. Then you hit the midpoint with Snake who no one thought would return EVER until the leaks started putting the idea in the mind with EVERYONE IS HERE! being shown. To immediately prove he is serious, he shows Pichu in the next character set as a character 99% of people could have lived without and then you continue pushing and showing Young Link and Wolf also returning.

The music is epic and helps form the story he is trying to represent in the video. The emotions of watching this trailer were laid out perfectly. You had a few highs before the big reveal of snake/everyone and then you were just riding high the rest of the way knowing pichu, young link and wolf would be shown but still amazed when you saw them. Even being a pure gameplay trailer, this might be the best one from Sakurai.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Well... Today I had the unfortunate experience of talking about some Smash theory with my friends who are hardcore Skull Kids and Geno supporters.
Never in my life I saw them discrediting a leak that quickly like Vergeben's or spitting on the Music Theory...

Did that kind of things happened to you too? A bad experience with some kind of fans?
They're not a majority but they're such a toxic and vocal minority that it stain the image of others fans... The worst being that I'm happy if any Characters get in, and while Sora is now my Number One (that was ironic until I talk about KH's relevance with people in that topic) I wouldn't go as far as discrediting leaks or ****alking Characters because there proof against my fav.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Well... Today I had the unfortunate experience of talking about some Smash theory with my friends who are hardcore Skull Kids and Geno supporters.
Never in my life I saw them discrediting a leak that quickly like Vergeben's or spitting on the Music Theory...

Did that kind of things happened to you too? A bad experience with some kind of fans?
They're not a majority but they're such a toxic and vocal minority that it stain the image of others fans...
That happened to me a couple days ago..., Funnily enough it was a Skull Kid Fan... Why are they so Toxic? Skull Kid's fan base seems to be the only one to get really mad, when the Veregeben and Music Theories are discussed...

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

They're not a majority but they're such a toxic and vocal minority that it stain the image of others fans... The worst being that I'm happy if any Characters get in, and while Sora is now my Number One (that was ironic until I talk about KH's relevance with people in that topic) I wouldn't go as far as discrediting leaks or ****alking Characters because there proof against my fav.
I liked Smash For newcomer roster, so yeah, I had a lot of bad experience with certain fans. Some of them were Skull Kid fans, too, interesting.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366

Vergeben's leak even somewhat support Geno (SE Char), so that one's weird

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Vergeben's leak even somewhat support Geno (SE Char), so that one's weird
But coupled with the Music theory it also shot him down, even if he could be an exception.
The Geno fan was the only one feeling less...severe. He just said that the music Theory is bull-

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

This community is just really toxic at times. People can get so absurdly upset about fictional characters it's really sad. They can't appreciate that that they have. Most fanbases in general are ****ed up, be it games, comics or anime.

Never have I ever experienced toxicity within the community directly except for one guy at high school who kept claiming Melee was vastly superior to smash 4 in every way. Though I don't think that falls under toxicity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom