• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Isaac needs to happen. I believe more in the Rathalos tease of Sakurai, than any sort of "leaker". Be he famous for having things right or not. Like the previous incomplete leaker before us who said Chrom and Chorus Kids would be in Smash 4, Vergeben's sources could be outdated. He's not saying many new things. I can believe him on the Pokemon being right, but I won't believe that's the only newcomer left. We probably have at least 2 Directs left, I doubt it won't be without Smash newcomers honestly.

D

Deleted member

Isaac needs to happen. I believe more in the Rathalos tease of Sakurai, than any sort of "leaker". Be he famous for having things right or not. Like the previous incomplete leaker before us who said Chrom and Chorus Kids would be in Smash 4, Vergeben's sources could be outdated. He's not saying many new things. I can believe him on the Pokemon being right, but I won't believe that's the only newcomer left. We probably have at least 2 Directs left, I doubt it won't be without Smash newcomers honestly.
I feel ya, much like that Pyrosphere POTD was a Ridley tease all along!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I won't lie, memes are a pretty good part of what's built my interest in Incineroar.
I think Incineroar would be a pretty funny/great inclusion.

However, I am muuuuuch more interested in Buzzwole. I feel like his body type would lend to a much more fun play style (to me) as a kind of a wrecking ball with wings and fists, and also significantly more meme potential. Also it's a mosquito and could have a drain attack and that's cool hahaha

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Ah. Gotcha. Well still seems plausible that we will be getting at a max 3 new unique fighters revealed from now until Dec 7th. But that has nothing to do with the leak. Rather just speculation based on the frequency of character reveals.
The there is no frequency lol. E3 gave us 2. Then 2 months later August direct gave us 5, then a month later the September direct gave us 1. We could get 10 more character or 2 in the final direct and there's honestly no way to predict it

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Incineroar being a playable character is still outside my perspective as being a reality. I mean sure he's got a good fanbase, but him over Decidueye or Lycanroc just... I don't know. It doesn't make sense.

Then again not a whole lot makes sense in this Smash title. :T

My point is that I don't think Incineroar is gonna be playable. I'm not going by facts or research. Its all just a gut feeling. I don't even care if I'm wrong- I got what I wanted out of this game.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yes, but he'll be an Echo of Mewtwo, if that wasn't already obvious enough.
I'd say he'd make a pretty hilarious Captain Falcon echo but unfortunately (or fortunately?) we all know his neutral special will be his crotch flamethrower and not a Falcon Punch type move.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I hope this is a thing

Also I keep think about it eating

Classic none of that new garbage

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So I got up a bit early and did some research on the whole music thing.

In Gamexplain's video to determine some of the tracks that we heard during smash direct or whichever (so much music) some tracks are things we have already heard.

I went through the stages that were added, see if their respected track was in later games, the music numbers shown for the smash ultimate menu during the direct (including them supposedly going crazy with FE music), exclude menu tracks (since 800 is specified to be just stage music) and I think I have a ball park number.

So as it stands our track total right now is anywhere between 652 to about 698. This is considering if a track does not come back or was remixed (Also taking into consideration when Incineroar is shown, more tracks come with him) also the music a week has been added to this prediction as well as the unknown ones til release.

My numbers could be off a bit, but I am confident in this.

I hope this can help with speculations in some way.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
No, the theme is "characters I want", obviously.
Isn't that the theme of every smash game? :troll:
I said this earlier but it's important, a reference does not equal a hint. But I get it, it's all Isaac fans have going for him (that and him not appearing as an AT yet).

Also if you mean 2 directs as in a general and Smash before release...I don't think that's likely. I'd have to check past history of directs but I think it's very likely that was our last general direct until Smash releases. We will definitely have a final Smash direct though.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Incineroar being a playable character is still outside my perspective as being a reality. I mean sure he's got a good fanbase, but him over Decidueye or Lycanroc just... I don't know. It doesn't make sense.

Then again not a whole lot makes sense in this Smash title. :T

My point is that I don't think Incineroar is gonna be playable. I'm not going by facts or research. Its all just a gut feeling. I don't even care if I'm wrong- I got what I wanted out of this game.
My best case scenario is if the Masked Royal is the trainer-style newcomer and he HAS an Incineroar. Kukui also has a Lycanroc, an Alolan Ninetails, a Magnezone... and it's not unreasonable for him to just use Decidueye as well anyway.

If anything, I want the Masked Royal aaaaalmost as much as I want Buzzwole.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
I don't really have a horse in the Incineroar race, but I have considered the possibility that the reason Pikachu Libre is in the game is partially for the sake of Incineroar's trailer.

Pakky

Smash Hero
My best case scenario is if the Masked Royal is the trainer-style newcomer and he HAS an Incineroar. Kukui also has a Lycanroc, an Alolan Ninetails, a Magnezone... and it's not unreasonable for him to just use Decidueye as well anyway.

Speaking of

Where are the Ultra beasts in smash?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't really have a horse in the Incineroar race, but I have considered the possibility that the reason Pikachu Libre is in the game is partially for the sake of Incineroar's trailer.
It's more like it's the most popular Cosplay Pikachu.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

I want this so bad! If it's another PT style character it just means more playable Pokemon which is awesome. Even if it's just Incineroar it would be cool if the character was Masked Royal & Incineroar. They go well together.

D

Deleted member

Not going to lie, I forgot about Pikachu Libre. Part of that may be because all I ever do with Pikachu is
:GCD::GCB:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yeah, I've been thinking about that too... Then again, Pikachu Libre seemed like an obvious costume choice at the start.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'd say he'd make a pretty hilarious Captain Falcon echo but unfortunately (or fortunately?) we all know his neutral special will be his crotch flamethrower and not a Falcon Punch type move.
I'm on the fence with his inevitable "crotch flamethrower" attack. On one hand, it looks funny as heck. On the other, it looks... So. Incredibly. Awkward.

You see a fighter running toward Incineroar. What's he gonna do? Fire from the crotch. :ohwell:

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
We've had much bigger and way more credible leaks go down than Verg. It's certainly possible

We've got 9 newcomers so far, Verg got only 3 of them. 1 was a common guess and the other just obvious to begin with.

Simon I'll give him credit for, especially since he said him before E3.

And then some veteran info, no cuts and a couple returning faces. But he still missed a lot of returning cut veterans.

Compare that to Gematsu

Before Robin, 8/9 for all the characters. The only newcomer missed was Rosalina. He was also very vague with Greninja just stating Pokemon X/Y (which Sakurai admitted Greninja was a placeholder) and thanks to a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run and correctly getting the names of Mii Fighters. Everything pointed in his favour. IT WAS INDESTRUCTIBLE

FALCON PUNCH!!!
Thank you

so much

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Pikachu Libre is in the game for the same reason she's in Pokken; she's the most popular alt. Pikachu around. If she wasn't in Smash in some way, I would of been legitimately concerned.

D

Deleted member

I'm on the fence with his inevitable "crotch flamethrower" attack. On one hand, it looks funny as heck. On the other, it looks... So. Incredibly. Awkward.

You see a fighter running toward Incineroar. What's he gonna do? Fire from the crotch. :ohwell:
That's why he's #69.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

That, and it'd be an unfortunate miss of the character if they didn't include it in any way and still included him. It'll be funny to see how this turns out.

I want this so bad! If it's another PT style character it just means more playable Pokemon which is awesome. Even if it's just Incineroar it would be cool if the character was Masked Royal & Incineroar. They go well together.
Yeah, seriously, the Masked Royal would be an incredible turn of events and really interesting tbh

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I said this earlier but it's important, a reference does not equal a hint. But I get it, it's all Isaac fans have going for him (that and him not appearing as an AT yet).
But.. Why makes this reference at all, if there's no Isaac in Smash? It wouldn't make sense. Why would he want to kill us on the inside?

Unless he holds a overall grudge against Camelot-created characters, cause Waluigi is one to and he gets this **** all the time. But, with Waluigi it's funny. With Isaac it's straight up pain in the very core of existance.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

I'm only using my Mii against Incineroar.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not having Pikachu Libre in Incineroar's trailer would be a huge missed opportunity.

Pakky

Smash Hero
That's been my trailer idea for months now lol

Battle Royal as a new stage

Table projectile please.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Not going to lie, I forgot about Pikachu Libre. Part of that may be because all I ever do with Pikachu is
My siblings always got mad at me when I used Thunder Bolt. They saw it as overpowered, So they called it cheating. Then again, that was understandable because I always spammed it. So I don't really blame them.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Can we make this a game? Which characters do you play just so that you can spam a move over and over again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom