• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I think Verg is right. Verg has been consistently right. It lines up with the box theory. I don't know enough, care enough, or interact with the guy enough to give an opinion on him. You can't let your view on the messenger affect your view on the message.

D

Deleted member

I've hated Daisy way before m*m*r*m*n, all he did was just validate my opinion.
Regardless of what happens with leaks, people will whine about some characters not getting in or some characters that did get in
Honestly, I'm just disappointed we only have one more unique to go, considering we need another Smash presentation due to Spirits, I'd like them to go out with two characters at the very least.

Still, I got:
Ridley and Isabelle, two of my most wanted.
Dark Samus, the cool Samus and more Metroid which I've always wanted.
Chrom, a better Roy.
Richter, who seems pretty dang fun and I've been getting into CV ever since his announcement.
And likely Ken who I would prefer over Ryu.
I really can't complain about this roster, especially with all vets returning and Ganon buffs.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Random idea:

How would you react if one bit of Smash U DLC was a Final Fantasy Music pack?
And if negativity, would you still cave and buy it?
If it comes with any of the following I'd absolutely get it:
One Winged Angel
You're Not Alone
Promised Grace

Koopaul

Smash Champion
So did Verg ever mention any of the echoes we've had so far?

If not, maybe his sources didn't know about echo fighters. And if that's the case then maybe Ken is NOT an echo just like Isabelle. Which would be bonkers since Ken was the original echo fighter!

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Regardless of what happens with leaks, people will whine about some characters not getting in or some characters that did get in
Could you imagine?

Waking up everyday and being mad about some data in a video game?

Or hating fictional characters as if they insulted your whole family tree?

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
We'd all prefer if you try to post more constructively, including not making fun of fanbases. It helps no one.
Many Daisy fans are mad that isabelle is unique and Daisy is not its kinda of funny

MainJPW

M.T.A
That game got made because fans wanted Sonic to have a gun.

I'm not kidding
As much as people love to blame the fan base for everything that’s actually one rumor I’ve not been able to find a source for.

According to Yuji Naka in an interview it was all Sonic Team’s decision in the first place:

http://cube.gamespy.com/articles/654/654735p1.html

GameSpy: Many people were initially surprised to see Shadow with a weapon, which is unusual for the Sonic series. Why did you decide to give Shadow the ability to bear arms?

Naka: Well, there have been some shooting sequences in the Sonic Adventure games before, but they've been more "stand-and-shoot" style bits. We really wanted to challenge ourselves and do a high-speed gun action game. We decided that Shadow would be the perfect venue by which to try our hand at this genre.​

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
So did Verg ever mention any of the echoes we've had so far?

If not, maybe his sources didn't know about echo fighters. And if that's the case then maybe Ken is NOT an echo just like Isabelle. Which would be bonkers since Ken was the original echo fighter!
Ken not being an echo wouldn't line up with the box theory though.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
LEAKERS. DON'T. KNOW. EVERYTHING.
Stop acting like Verg loses credibility for not naming some of the characters when the important thing is that he got NOTHING wrong.
He said there would be no cuts from Smash 4 when everyone was in agreement it was inevitable some would get cut.
He said Snake would be back in a time where Konami is hated more than EA.
He said Ridley would be revealed at E3 even though Sakurai personally said he would be impossible.
He said Simon was coming before we even had a hint that Snake was back.

Missing stuff is not a counterpoint to his information when you can't explain the characters he called. You don't get lucky guesses without having any inconsistencies.

Real talk, I'd love Mother Brain if she wasn't literally impossible to turn into a fighter. Unless they gave her a mech with legs or something.
Actually that might work...
Well I guess the Brawl leak in GameFaqs only saying that ****ing Sonic was in with only half of the roster is fake and it was a lucky guess since he didn't had the other half.

You know that's NOT how leaks work right?
People get pieces of information, some employee even get "trap leak" which are things to source them back.
Rarely AKA NEVER a Single source leak everything right.
ERSB is the exception confirming the rules.
You can **** on Vergeben as much as you want but as long as Smash info goes. He's spotless.
Yes he didn't get K.Rool or Echoes. Maybe it's because HIS SOURCES didn't knew that information-

From the sounds of it, Vergeben probably had a Konami source as he knew about Snake, Simon and some Castlevania games.
And probably have a Namco source with all of the rambling about SVI (where he had right and wrong info) and Smash.
Konami did a closed door presentation during the Summer, and we have no idea what they showed back then either.

I don't know what hatred you have against him. But you need to calm down. Just pray and hope that like for K.Rool there is Characters he doesn't know about if you Wish for your favorite. But be prepared at 3 Characters max with Incineroar/Ken/SE rep
You two misinterpreted the post big time.

I was comparing him to Gematsu, who impressively at the time only missed Rosalina. I was saying we've had bigger giants fall.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Again, Sonic was fine with being in by Melee(if it weren't for a development time issue). Sakurai was fine with the idea before he even became 3rd party. There was no ties to Nintendo when adding him. At all. That was blatantly irrelevant. Sonic got in for two reasons, previous asked to be in, and extreme popularity.

There is no reason for Nintendo to buy Sega. It has to be the whole company, cause they aren't going to give up their flagship series. Sega's doing just fine without them anyway, considering they have tons of other IP's they own. It's just their most known IP... which also often gets a lot of bad games here and there too. What an irony.
I ain’t saying the buy out should happen, but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t be all in for it

Anywhom, even without the popularity and the requests he was gonna get in as soon as possible (and still, the ties they had was their console wars, even if its not really a positive one. Him almost joining Melee alone shows that he was special to Nintendo regardless of what party he was apart of.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
As much as people love to blame the fan base for everything that’s actually one rumor I’ve not been able to find a source for.

According to Yuji Naka in an interview it was all Sonic Team’s decision in the first place:

http://cube.gamespy.com/articles/654/654735p1.html
Just looked it up

And I think you're right because I can't find the actual quote.

Seems like DidYouKnowGaming are a fraud smh

D

Deleted member

I was comparing him to Gematsu, who impressively at the time only missed Rosalina. I was saying we've had bigger giants fall.
Gematsu was a different deal though, it was one source that(seemingly) had info from early development.
Verge has at least 3 sources telling him the same thing and are known to be constantly verifying info which means it's up to date.

D

Deleted member

Gematsu was a different deal though, it was one source that(seemingly) had info from early development.
Verge has at least 3 sources telling him the same thing and are known to be constantly verifying info which means it's up to date.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I'm pretty sure there's a barcode or rating where you all think Ken supposedly is. You are all going to feel really stupid after.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm pretty sure there's a barcode or rating where you all think Ken supposedly is. You are all going to feel really stupid after.
Why would there be a barcode in between Palutena and Cloud specifically?
It’d be a really weird coincidence if there was a rating or something right over exactly where the most rumored echo fighter would be.

bigblast181

Smash Rookie
NNID
bigblast181
3DS FC
1934-1420-5506
Switch FC
SW 8295 7726 8006

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
With boxes for games like this, I would be quite surprised to see the barcode randomly on the side. At least, in my experience, the barcode is on the back, toward the bottom of the package, with all the other information about the game.

I don’t see why this would randomly be different at the cost of separating characters for literally no reason.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Simon Belmont was his most impressive prediction

HOWEVER
This was made before it

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm tired of the Verge rumors and box talk, so...

Going back to the topic of Daisy being an Echo but not Isabelle, I think most Daisy supporters are content with what they got. After being told for years that she was less likely than Waluigi, Captain Toad, and Geno, just getting her in the game at all was probably a well-deserved victory for them.

Honestly, I've seen more Dark Samus supporters upset with Isabelle than I have with Daisy's.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
You know. I just realized how I always forget that Daisy is in the game.
Like...I can remember all newcomers except Daisy.
I don't know why.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if I entirely believe the box theory or not but if Ken and Incineroar are indeed our last two characters then I'm alright with it. I'm in literally no position to complain considering "EVERYONE IS HERE", great newcomers like :ultdaisy::ultridley::ultkrool::ultisabelle:, all my mains apparently getting useful tools and buffs, and what looks to be the most solid game physics we've seen in a Smash game. Plus the promise of a healthy amount of DLC, which will all be newcomers.

This is the best timeline.

Last edited:

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
I think the reason Isabelle was made as a unique was that her proportions are different to villager. Up until now, all echoes have the same proportions as their original fighters, other than that, she's practically AC's mascot now.

I'm not sure if I entirely believe the box theory or not but if Ken and Incineroar are indeed our last two characters then I'm alright with it. I'm in literally no position to complain considering "EVERYONE IS HERE", great newcomers like :ultdaisy::ultridley::ultkrool::ultisabelle:, all my mains apparently getting useful tools and buffs, and what looks to be the most solid game physics we've seen in a Smash game. Plus the promise of a healthy amount of DLC, which will all be newcomers.

This is the best timeline.
You forgot the Belmonts.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Simon Belmont was his most impressive prediction

HOWEVER
This was made before it
Scraping the bottom of the barrel here... aren't we?
Verge probably didn't steal that Information, If anything... It fully supports his information being real
Verge has confirmed that they Guy who told him That Isabelle was in the game Also told him that Simon was in the game (this is the same source who told him that Minecraft content was in the game). That source hasn't been wrong yet.

Look, I know how it feels to not believe a leak because your most wanted character isn't in there. Trust me, when that Agnes leak happened i wanted it to be real just because the Chorus Men were involved, But I shrugged it off as a fake after multiple inconsistencies were discovered. There are like 6 newcomer Slots and like 30 possible characters fighting for those slots. It's gonna happen, some of our most wanted characters won't make it in. And you know what? That's okay. This is Sakurai's Game. He chooses the final characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom