• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I was too, and I was really excited about Shulk, but they are not high profile as most of the other newcomers. Granted, for some reason, people expect more from last reveals. Like, was Olimar really less big than Ike or Pit?
The only anticlimatic thing about Olimar was that he followed up on Sonic and Dedede, which was a pretty tough task. He was also our first newcomer on the Dojo in months thanks to the delay, so people's expectations were a little wild.

He still had decent support though, he just wasn't a top dog.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
I was trying to delete this post. Not post it.

But yes, I wish to agree that Ken is more recognizable and iconic than Shadow.

The sonic fan community is loud.

That doesn’t mean it’s more populous that a fan community that has had regular tournaments for 30 years.
Uhh, excuse me. But has Ken ever gotten his own game where he got to use guns? I don't think so. /s (Tell me if I'm wrong though.)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Verge has multiple sources... He doesn't outright say a character is in the game until he hears it from his main sources. And he's leaked characters in other fighting games before. He leaked The TMNT in injustice.
Also, pretty sure the Gemastu Leaks were legitimate information, but ended up being outdated.
If you don't believe the Vergeben Leaks, you're setting yourself up for massive disappointment. He's been right way more than he has been wrong.
i know he's been right about other fighting games, but hasn't he also been very wrong too. Especially Dragon Ball? Heck didn't he say when leaking Smash Castlevania games would be revealed at E3?

And he still hasn't gotten enough yet for me to be 100% convinced. Especially in terms of stuff he says post E3

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Random idea:

How would you react if one bit of Smash U DLC was a Final Fantasy Music pack?
And if negativity, would you still cave and buy it?

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Tbh I didn't want daisy in smash cause her fans are annoying alot this might be mean but im glad she is a echo Daisy fans are pretty bad "Why doesnt Daisy have her own moveset Sakurai is the ****ing worst" "Daisy is best girl **** Waluigi im glad she got in over him"

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
we already have all the major Nintendo characters and a bunch of extras.
"Everyone Is Here" proves this is a Catch 22 situation. Characters aren't major or notable unless they get in Smash, but if they do they're retroactively important. Most clones are excellent examples or characters like Roy or Lucas being so popular they were brought back alongside Ryu. I don't think it makes sense to decide no more characters are needed.
If you want portions that are just enough to fill you up, don't go to an All-You-Can-Eat buffet.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Tbh I didn't want daisy in smash cause her fans are annoying alot this might be mean but im glad she is a echo Daisy fans are pretty bad "Why doesnt Daisy have her own moveset Sakurai is the ****ing worst" "Daisy is best girl **** Waluigi im glad she got in over him"
I mean, that not only gets me a new punching bag but I know Memoryman is upset about Daisy because of Chrom being a bit more unique

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I've never noticed anyone do that besides... that one """famous""" Daisy fan.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Don't let one person color your perception of all fans.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
"Everyone Is Here" proves this is a Catch 22 situation. Characters aren't major or notable unless they get in Smash, but if they do they're retroactively important. Most clones are excellent examples or characters like Roy or Lucas being so popular they were brought back alongside Ryu. I don't think it makes sense to decide no more characters are needed.
If you want portions that are just enough to fill you up, don't go to an All-You-Can-Eat buffet.
That wasn't my argument because my argument is "We have so many Nintendo characters that are major, here's a subtle implication we should expect more third parties and embraxe them in Smash" but ok

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
108 stages might be correct because I still think the 'Minecraft content' has to be a stage.

Then again, I still don't buy the box theory.

God dammit. I might take a break from speculation for a while.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Random idea:

Shut up and take my money. Normally I'd question whether paying for background music is worth it but Uematsu is godlike with his FF compositions.

Also throw in codec DLC while we're on the topic of paying for audio. Better yet, give it in a free update.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean, that not only gets me a new punching bag but I know Memoryman is upset about Daisy because of Chrom being a bit more unique
Weirdly enough, having Daisy in Smash made me like her more. Not only she has Peach's awesome moveset, she looks cute and cheerful instead of annoying.

New punchbag is also appreciated.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Turns out there's this thing called a 'we are daisy wiki' which is something I never expected to exist.

That whole 'We are Daisy' foundation comes off as a cult.

D

Deleted member

We've had much bigger and way more credible leaks go down than Verg. It's certainly possible

We've got 9 newcomers so far, Verg got only 3 of them. 1 was a common guess and the other just obvious to begin with.

Simon I'll give him credit for, especially since he said him before E3.

And then some veteran info, no cuts and a couple returning faces. But he still missed a lot of returning cut veterans.

Compare that to Gematsu

Before Robin, 8/9 for all the characters. The only newcomer missed was Rosalina. He was also very vague with Greninja just stating Pokemon X/Y (which Sakurai admitted Greninja was a placeholder) and thanks to a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run and correctly getting the names of Mii Fighters. Everything pointed in his favour. IT WAS INDESTRUCTIBLE

FALCON PUNCH!!!
LEAKERS. DON'T. KNOW. EVERYTHING.
Stop acting like Verg loses credibility for not naming some of the characters when the important thing is that he got NOTHING wrong.
He said there would be no cuts from Smash 4 when everyone was in agreement it was inevitable some would get cut.
He said Snake would be back in a time where Konami is hated more than EA.
He said Ridley would be revealed at E3 even though Sakurai personally said he would be impossible.
He said Simon was coming before we even had a hint that Snake was back.

Missing stuff is not a counterpoint to his information when you can't explain the characters he called. You don't get lucky guesses without having any inconsistencies.
Yeah, yeah, Ridley is nice and all but when are we getting the better and bigger Metroid villain?

Mother Brain for Smash!
Real talk, I'd love Mother Brain if she wasn't literally impossible to turn into a fighter. Unless they gave her a mech with legs or something.
Actually that might work...

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
We've had much bigger and way more credible leaks go down than Verg. It's certainly possible

We've got 9 newcomers so far, Verg got only 3 of them. 1 was a common guess and the other just obvious to begin with.

Simon I'll give him credit for, especially since he said him before E3.

And then some veteran info, no cuts and a couple returning faces. But he still missed a lot of returning cut veterans.

Compare that to Gematsu

Before Robin, 8/9 for all the characters. The only newcomer missed was Rosalina. He was also very vague with Greninja just stating Pokemon X/Y (which Sakurai admitted Greninja was a placeholder) and thanks to a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run and correctly getting the names of Mii Fighters. Everything pointed in his favour. IT WAS INDESTRUCTIBLE

FALCON PUNCH!!!
Well I guess the Brawl leak in GameFaqs only saying that ****ing Sonic was in with only half of the roster is fake and it was a lucky guess since he didn't had the other half.

You know that's NOT how leaks work right?
People get pieces of information, some employee even get "trap leak" which are things to source them back.
Rarely AKA NEVER a Single source leak everything right.
ERSB is the exception confirming the rules.
You can **** on Vergeben as much as you want but as long as Smash info goes. He's spotless.
Yes he didn't get K.Rool or Echoes. Maybe it's because HIS SOURCES didn't knew that information-

From the sounds of it, Vergeben probably had a Konami source as he knew about Snake, Simon and some Castlevania games.
And probably have a Namco source with all of the rambling about SVI (where he had right and wrong info) and Smash.
Konami did a closed door presentation during the Summer, and we have no idea what they showed back then either.

I don't know what hatred you have against him. But you need to calm down. Just pray and hope that like for K.Rool there is Characters he doesn't know about if you Wish for your favorite. But be prepared at 3 Characters max with Incineroar/Ken/SE rep

bigblast181

Smash Rookie
NNID
bigblast181
3DS FC
1934-1420-5506
Switch FC
SW 8295 7726 8006
It's speculated to be Ken because of a pattern that gets broken in the row Ryu would be on but Ken would fix
What I was trying to say it might not be an echo 54-61e it's just leaving a space on both side to look pretty. Instead of it being an unintentional leak.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Random idea:

As long as it's not just "One Winged Angel", any variety of music in Midgar is welcomed.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Turns out there's this thing called a 'we are daisy wiki' which is something I never expected to exist.

That whole 'We are Daisy' foundation comes off as a cult.
Is it the Daisy wiki or something else?

Because I thought the Daisy wiki was weird enough.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
i know he's been right about other fighting games, but hasn't he also been very wrong too. Especially Dragon Ball? Heck didn't he say when leaking Smash Castlevania games would be revealed at E3?

And he still hasn't gotten enough yet for me to be 100% convinced. Especially in terms of stuff he says post E3
Usually when he gets stuff wrong, they are just misunderstandings on his source's part. Like when he Said that a Fire Emblem Character was Gonna be in Soul Caliber VI. One of sources found out that Lyn's Voice Actress was involved, jumped the gun a little too early and told vergeben that A fire Emblem Character would've been in the game. Turns out, Lyn's Voice actress was just voicing a new character. Back then, he was a bit new to the Leaking things and he knows to wait for multiple sources.

If you're just mad that Skull Kid isn't in the game, that's not my or Vergeben's Problem.

Last edited:

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Damn it must suck for your favorite Chracther who was a unique moveset to be a copypasted echo

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I want to use Daisy as a punching bag but I'd rather not hear her annoying ear grating voice.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
people will whine about some characters not getting in or some characters that did get in
I know that feeling too well. I shall Remember when Roy came back but not Wolf.
That was a wonderful ****storm I will never forget.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Y'know in addition to the stats pointed out in this thread:
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/431500671/#431500671

I'm not going to sleep on the chance that Phoenix Wright could potentially get added to the roster and announced during TGS. I mean, the fact that, even in a small capacity, Nintendo is showing up TGS, could be a pointer. And even if Dante is in, the leaker from earlier stated he'd be revealed Capcom. Never did buy into the whole "Third Party" limit deal anyway.
Now, I just need clarification on this one tidbit though:
Forgot to mention: favorite series of Hideki Kamiya, who has a surprising amount of pull with Sakurai due to Bayonetta **** and being close friends. He has twitter posts where he says DGS should come to the states and that Wright should be in smash
Now, as has been stated before, Kamiya, Takumi and Sakurai have been photographed having met each other back in 2016 in time for Smash Ultimate development. I have seen Kamiya tweet about DGS needing to get localized, but is it true that he's tweeted about Phoenix Wright getting into Smash? If so, well then. Hope increases.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I've been thinking lately about Nintendo newcomers and honestly, I realized that Nintendo's magic is fading in that department, we already have all the major Nintendo characters and a bunch of extras. We're likely only getting some popular extras or promotional characters from Nintendo. I think Sakurai knows this as he said the console wars are silly back when he talked about Cloud and in the presentation he called it the biggest crossover in gaming. Wonder how Sakurai feels about something that would seem impossoble in any other industry
It's not that Nintendo is running out of magic, it's just that older fans are gonna have to learn to depend on the modern Nintendo for characters. I like Ridley as much as the next guy, but Inklings and Isabelle were pretty hype reveals for me. I like seeing Sakurai acknowledge the newer guys, particularly those who aren't flavor of the month characters like Pokemon and FE. There's a lot of interesting characters to choose from, and they don't always get the support they deserve. These characters may not feel like deserving additions to a majority of fans because of their young age, but I think those people would be suprised by how many of them can stand the test of time. Just look at Lucario and Rosalina.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom