• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Echoes for DLC could be something controversial due the price, we know thay they are something with much less work. Pack, cheaper... Yeah, it could be. Semi-clones like Isabelle are possible too but you can sell them as unique fighters (Dixie or Shadow could fit, we saw Roy and Lucas), looking at how Smash 4 DLC worked.
Talking about ARMS rep, Ribbon Girl as echo... Depends on how Spring Man could work, if the arm types are a thing or not, we could get her as a skin, echo or whatever. The big differences between Spring Man and her are the arm types, the double jump and the Spring Man counter. It would be nice get both since they are some kind of co-protagonist.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Echoes for DLC could be something controversial due the price, we know thay they are something with much less work. Pack, cheaper... Yeah, it could be. Semi-clones like Isabelle are possible too but you can sell them as unique fighters (Dixie or Shadow could fit, we saw Roy and Lucas), looking at how Smash 4 DLC worked.
Talking about ARMS rep, Ribbon Girl as echo... Depends on how Spring Man could work, if the arm types are a thing or not, we could get her as a skin, echo or whatever. The big differences between Spring Man and her are the arm types, the double jump and the Spring Man counter. It would be nice get both since they are some kind of co-protagonist.
I don't think the double jump is much of a problem considering..... you know, ALL characters DJ in Smash...

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I hope you realize that is a fake quote that is spreading around recently. Here's what he actually said regarding online:

"We therefore believe that services which ask our consumers to obtain paid memberships are not always the best. We cannot promise here that Nintendo will always provide you with online services free of charge no matter how deep the experiences are that it may provide, but at least we are not thinking of asking our consumers to pay money to just casually get access to our ordinary online services. "
Ow...It hurts to see I've taken the bait. I'm sorry...

But that quote Satoru Iwata said regarding that does seem to make sense. What he said does makes sense. I know that Online Service is so bad and needs a lot of polishing, but what he said made sense - the paid online was bound to come regardless of whenever Iwata would be alive or not.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
I say the number of newcomers is below 14, the number of newcomers Melee had so 9 newcomers 5 more left if i'm correct
my predictions :
Incineroar
Ken
Geno
Bandana Dee
Issac

Ik there are other characters but these are the characters i'm confident getting in, some missed the mark like Banjo & Kazooie, Shaunte, Skull Kid and Dixie

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Ok...Can I please break the silence? I didn't realize that it was a fake quote spreading recently, I just assumed it was hard to find notable quotes.

But what he said does makes sense, Paid Online was bound to come regardless of whenever we wanted it or not, or whenever Iwata was alive or not... :(

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm actually thinking neither. CoroCoro feels like a mistake and I'm over the box theory.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So what position are we in?

Leaning more towards boxes or corocoro?
After the August Direct I had assumed it wasn't the full stage list--4 *new* stages seems lackluster for a *new* game (9 still feels quaint, but more than doubles what's been announced). Yes, remastering old stages take just as much effort as a new stage, so they are *technically* new. But I question the judgement if we're getting 90+ remastered stages compared to 4 *brand* new ones. It would also be a bizarre choice pacing wise to reveal every stage 5 months in advance. So, CoroCoro is kind of confirming what we already could have guessed.

That being said, it could always still be a misprint. But, you would think if they'd make such a big error, wouldn't they try to immediately follow up with a correction? Perhaps it will be, but if it hasn't in the upcoming days, that's at least a good sign. It should be noted that new stages =/= new characters. But I'm pretty sure we won't be getting any more returning stages back, and we may only get one or two stages based on new series not represented by a character (e.g., a Monster Hunter stage seems likely). And, of course, Verge mentioned Minecraft content, which could just be an assist, but a stage fits Minecraft well.

One doesn't deconfirm the other so...
Why not both?!
Why not neither?! So many options. :upsidedown:

EDIT:

Fun fact: CoroCoro is the magazine that publishes Super Mario Kun, which is where my former Yoshi avatar came from:

And it's the cutest design of anything I've ever seen.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Ok...Can we break the silence now? The silence is really killing me!
Lets try to talk a bit more about CoroCoro thing. Why did the magazine say 108 and not 103? Could there be really more stages? It's very unlikely for that magazine to make a printing error, for the record.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Lets try to talk a bit more about CoroCoro thing. Why did the magazine say 108 and not 103? Could there be really more stages?
It's a slow time...

Anyways, I made my stance clear that I want one of those stages to be Crafted World if it ends up true :yoshi:

Vermilion

Smash Cadet
Lets try to talk a bit more about CoroCoro thing. Why did the magazine say 108 and not 103? Could there be really more stages? It's very unlikely for that magazine to make a printing error, for the record.
Well if CoroCoro says it, I’m inclined to believe it. Maybe the other stages will be revealed in the next direct.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
I hope so.
More stages = potentially more characters = more content

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I assume we would see a new Pokémon stage in the Incineroar trailer which should confirm the 108 stages.

osby

Smash Obsessed
New Pokemon stage: Stunfisk. It's like Pokefloats but there is only Stunfisk. It's Battlefield form includes Remoraids as small platforms.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
For anyone wondering, I had the displeasure of having Verg comment on one of my topics on Gamefaqs
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77011618
Displeasure? How does it not please you? It's one of the greatest thing when Vergeben comments on your thread. He gave more information. And he did admit that he doesn't know WHEN will the Microsoft content be talked about. All he knows is that there's something related.

tldr: It's great when Verge posts.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Displeasure? How does it not please you? It's one of the greatest thing when Vergeben comments on your thread. He gave more information. And he did admit that he doesn't know WHEN will the Microsoft content be talked about. All he knows is that there's something related.

tldr: It's great when Verge posts.
Leaks are bad and the most disrespectful thing you can do to Sakurai and the others making the game

D

Deleted member

Leaks are bad and the most disrespectful thing you can do to Sakurai and the others making the game
You're just salty he didn't leak the characters you wanted because they're not in the game.
"leaks are disrespectful to Sakurai" is probably the silliest excuse I've heard to hate on Verg.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
I mean, you have false info in your own post. He said Isabelle is in, but never said she was an echo. He said only one of his sources did, but he wasn’t sure to believe it.

And just because something he said hasn’t come true yet doesn’t mean it won’t. He leaked Simon and Isabelle long before their reveal.

I understand being skeptical, but you’re just trying to discredit him.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Um, how exactly is it disrespectful? Nowadays game devs doesn't seem to mind leaks, in fact they almost hope for them, because it creates hype.
'Is that true?'
'I won't believe it!'
Sakurai specifically doesn't want the characters leaked, he even designs a number trailers specifically to be a surprise when you see the character, or even find out its Smash in the first place

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
On one hand, yeah it is a little disrespectful.
But on the other hand, It can tell us to hamper our expectations... Imagine if incineroar wasn't leaked? People would've been more mad then they are now...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So the 108 thing is still standing?

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
So the 108 thing is still standing?
Yes, and I'll say it...

About that CoroCoro thing, well, there could be more credibility. I don't know about that as I haven't watched the video, but TC stated there's inconsistence between saying 103 stages in English and saying it in Japanese, In English, he said 'Now', meaning currently we have 103, and he states that in Japanese version, Sakurai didn't say 'total'. Yet another user replies that it's still false, https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77011633/908911930

Again, I like how even after realising the Corocoro thing is real, peoples still call it fake. Its unlikely for a magazine to make such error, honestly.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
On one hand, yeah it is a little disrespectful.
But on the other hand, It can tell us to hamper our expectations... Imagine if incineroar wasn't leaked? People would've been more mad then they are now...
The way I see it, it just creates misery earlier than needed.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yes, and I'll say it...

About that CoroCoro thing, well, there could be more credibility. I don't know about that as I haven't watched the video, but TC stated there's inconsistence between saying 103 stages in English and saying it in Japanese, In English, he said 'Now', meaning currently we have 103, and he states that in Japanese version, Sakurai didn't say 'total'. Yet another user replies that it's still false, https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77011633/908911930

Again, I like how even after realising the Corocoro thing is real, peoples still call it fake. Its unlikely for a magazine to make such error, honestly.
To be fair Magazines have made such errors but for them not to have issued a corrective statement by now means it's definitely real.

So what we have here is just another case of "Until now..." :ultness::ultlucas:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom