• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
So, what are everyone's thoughts on the Online Service?
This basically sums up my thoughts in a few seconds:
I don't care about the cloud saves and junk. Thats what my SD cards are for. I don't care about Retro games. I buy online so I can play the games I paid for online.

If Smash's online has a better connection than 4 had? Worth my $20 bucks. I hated not being able to play more than once a week. It didn't set me back terribly but I wonder how much better I'd be if I were able to play as often as I liked.

If the online is every bit as laggy as my experience with For Glory was? It will be the last $20 from my pocket going into online until I get the next Nintendo console or I see significant improvement.

I'm OK with paying to use the online services, but if I'm paying them to have crappy servers and worthless security then Nintendo can **** off. I'll stick to local with no lag and an extra 20 in my wallet.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
>TFW you remember that Incineroar and Ken are the last characters to be announced, therefore deconfirming Geno, Skull Kid, Isaac, BWD and Shantae.

God, i really hope Vergeben is wrong.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
>TFW you remember that Incineroar and Ken are the last characters to be announced, and therefore Geno, Skull Kid, Isaac, BWD and Shantae are deconfirmed

You have GOT to stop with this complete misleading dude.

He did not say this. In fact he implied he thought otherwise, saying he thinks AT THE VERY LEAST Incineroar and Ken are left.

I cannot stress how important that "AT THE VERY LEAST" is.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
>TFW you remember that Incineroar and Ken are the last characters to be announced, and therefore Geno, Skull Kid, Isaac, BWD and Shantae are deconfirmed

Not Necessarily, Pretty sure Geno Is still in the game. Just not on the box.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
so just to recap our newcomers

We have... A kid whos a squid
a tomboy princess
Space Pirate Dragon
Two Holy manly men
Manly Sword Boy
Samus's Dark side born of Phazon
A big croc Pirate
Transition to... Innocent little dog secretary

If you had told anyone this before Ultimate was announced I think people would have thought you were on some crack.
Don't forget about

The blonde man-child
Tony the tiger who shoots fire out of his ****

Last edited:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
You have GOT to stop with this complete misleading dude.

He did not say this. In fact he implied he thought otherwise, saying he thinks AT THE VERY LEAST Incineroar and Ken are left.

I cannot stress how important that "AT THE VERY LEAST" is.
B-But the boxart theory, a-and the fact that Verge hasn't been wrong yet, it's making me nervous.

Meritocracy

Smash Apprentice
>TFW you remember that Incineroar and Ken are the last characters to be announced, therefore deconfirming Geno, Skull Kid, Isaac, BWD and Shantae.

Don't give up hope! DLC is still coming, and all the charecters you listed have as good a shot at DLC as they did at the base game when it was first announced.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
B-But the boxart theory, a-and the fact that Verge hasn't been wrong yet, it's making me nervous.
B-But the Oh I Don't Care. I don't care. Stop saying this stuff like it's definite because it isn't. I also just explained to you why you took what Verge said completely out of context and wrong.

You want a theory? 108 stages. Go ahead and explain that if it lines up with the boxart theory. Enough. Don't lock yourself in this loop of believing it's completely over and we only get 2 more when it literally has been like 2 or 3 days.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If there really are only 11 newcomers then they wouldn't have revealed 5 of them in a single direct.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Characters can get in without Verge mentioning them. He failed to mention King K. Rool as well as all 4 confirmed new echoes (Daisy, Chrom, Dark Samus, and Richter Belmont).

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Pretty sure he is dlc.
Don't give up hope! DLC is still coming, and all the charecters you listed have as good a shot at DLC as they did at the base game when it was first announced.
Yeah, that's a possibility too...
Please be right, because i REFUSE to believe Incineroar is the last newcomer announced.
Ken is alright, i don't mind him, but Incineroar? Eh....
B-But the Oh I Don't Care. I don't care. Stop saying this stuff like it's definite because it isn't. I also just explained to you why you took what Verge said completely out of context and wrong.

You want a theory? 108 stages. Go ahead and explain that if it lines up with the boxart theory. Enough. Don't lock yourself in this loop of believing it's completely over and we only get 2 more when it literally has been like 2 or 3 days.
Chill bro... i'm sorry...

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
If it helps, there could just be a logo or a rating or something like that on the side of the box we can’t see. The group that would have Ken is at the very bottom of the other side we don’t see and that’s where ratings and such are usually placed. Bottom right.

Be calm, my man. You’ve got this.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Please be right, because i REFUSE to believe Incineroar is the last newcomer announced.

Chill bro... i'm sorry...
The reason I got so in-your-face there was to show you that you're genuinely worrying yourself over nothing, something that's 2 days old, and you gotta have a bit more faith then that. Just hang in there. No need to be sorry. Just don't mislead like that, because it can confuse others.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Honestly, as someone who does not care in the slightest about Bandana Waddle Dee, I would be shocked if he didn’t make it in the base roster. Incredibly popular, recognizable to both the casual and hardcore Nintendo fans, very relevant to his own series... He is definitely still a safe choice in my mind, leaks be damned.

I’m still not 100% on the Verge train tbh. Didn’t he say with certainty that Isabelle was an echo? Am I just crazy?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Honestly, as someone who does not care in the slightest about Bandana Waddle Dee, I would be shocked if he didn’t make it in the base roster. Incredibly popular, recognizable to both the casual and hardcore Nintendo fans, very relevant to his own series... He is definitely still a safe choice in my mind, leaks be damned.

I’m still not 100% on the Verge train tbh. Didn’t he say with certainty that Isabelle was an echo? Am I just crazy?
You are not crazy, just misinformed. He said Isabelle would be a newcomer. Never confirmed she was an Echo.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Here is a picture that maybe will put everyone at ease until we can be totally sure.
There is probably a logo or something like that on the bottom right of the bundle on the box in question. It doesn’t prove anything! But it’s like a bat symbol in the clouds. It helps you feel safer. Lol
A79B034C-854A-47FA-8661-64BCB4E8FC65.jpeg

IGuessItsOver IGuessItsOver
Luigi The President Luigi The President

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
papagenos papagenos

Just saw your video

GenoEdit.png

The leak is fake

leak_1.png

It was just to troll WiiUGamer12. I know the person that did it

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Looking at the Wiki I only see Bandana Dee having a major role in 1 game (Kirby Battle Royale?) In other games he's either minor (Super Star Ultra) or playable. So it's hard to gage his relevance for Smash imo.

Edit: Just out of curiosity:

1) What is your fav console?
2) What system had your fav library of games?

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Negative.

Waiting to see if verg knows if Incineroar is in base roster and he is currently waiting to see if the SE rep is base roster.

If they are both base roster, Box Theory can take it’s place in Theory hell.

Not a whole lot other than that going on.
Ahhh good I didn't miss anything......
Was kind of hoping I missed something.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mod speaking time; you may have noticed that some messages have been warned recently. Many others are well aware that they've got warnings/infractions.

Yes, there's a reason for that. This thread is having a lot of spam lately. Keep it on-topic and stop with the ****posting. You know who you are. In addition, replying to that spam will be treated as spam and be enforced. This is not a Social thread, and never was.

We will continue to enforce the spam rules pretty harshly. So be wary of this and keep on-topic. If it keeps happening, there is a possibility the thread will be shut down, which I certainly hope never happens. It's very clear here that people can have legitimate discussions. If it wasn't, yes, the thread would've been shut down already. So it's up to you guys to keep a good discussion thread up. So please stay on-topic.

https://smashboards.com/threads/nintenzone-social-6-0-b-o-x-e-s-edition.452577/ If you want to basically just post like in a Social thread, take it here. Just remember that spam rules still apply, though they are certainly not as hefty as this thread. We allow more leeway there. Not much, but don't be afraid to ask.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
I believe the BOX theory because Sakurai said there's only A FEW more characters to left to show during the direct and this was before K. Rool reveal.

We then get Isabelle announced.

Having two more characters announced will align with "Few" more with Sakurai giving the hand gesture of a few. It all fits

Incineroar and Ken and most likely a Square character (DLC or Base) is our final characters .

I am very happy Incineroar is in the game. Decidueye had his time in Pokken.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
If there really are only 11 newcomers then they wouldn't have revealed 5 of them in a single direct.
Yea they would.
This is just people being in denial. The smash4 50 fact was not packed with characters.
And echos are not really characters to a certain extent. Nintendo treats then like expendables.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Gonna be hon
Looking at the Wiki I only see Bandana Dee having a major role in 1 game (Kirby Battle Royale?) In other games he's either minor (Super Star Ultra) or playable. So it's hard to gage his relevance for Smash imo.

Edit: Just out of curiosity:

1) What is your fav console?
2) What system had your fav library of games?
I have to ask, doesn't playable count as a major role?

Potato_

Smash Lord

Before Ultimate was revealed, I always thought that if we got another Smash game there was two characters that'd be locks: Inkling and Bandanna Dee. If he isn't in I will legitimately be surprised.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I believe the BOX theory because Sakurai said there's only A FEW more characters to left to show during the direct and this was before K. Rool reveal.

We then get Isabelle announced.

Having two more characters announced will align with "Few" more with Sakurai giving the hand gesture of a few. It all fits

Incineroar and Ken and most likely a Square character (DLC or Base) is our final characters .

I am very happy Incineroar is in the game. Decidueye had his time in Pokken.
I'm just saying that if you're using a hand gesture for evidence you revoke your license to mock the chairs

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Playable doesn't qualify as major?

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Even if the box theory doesn't hold; there's still probably only 2-3 characters left to be revealed anyway. Ken and Incineroar is still very likely to be in. Possibly there room for one more character that is unknown to us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom