• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Even if the box theory doesn't hold; there's still probably only 2-3 characters left to be revealed anyway. Ken and Incineroar is still very likely to be in.
I still say that the final count is 75, it would be a nice number to round out the roster with and I honestly think that it would make everybody happy.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
To clarify since a few of you are asking:

An example of a playable character that isn't major would be Toad in the New Super Mario Bros Series

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Toad is a major character of the Mario series
While true, to be clear, that's just a member of the Toad species but not the original Toad from 2 USA.

So it's not a perfect example. A better case would be how Rosalina, who was recently created/appeared, appeared in Mario Kart Wii and Super Mario 3D World.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Three frame jumps deconfirmed Primarina anyway. I can't imagine that body jumping that quickly.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So, what you're telling me, is that, they're not gonna be Echoes
TMNT baby please enough
Yes...and No (it would depend on how Sakurai)

They might not be big enough to be unique, so being an echo(es) duo of the likes of :ulticeclimbers::ultrosalina::ultgreninja::ultpikachu::ultsheik:...I could ruin any character and/or perfect them enough to make them low tier characters

I can stop and have enough though if you want...but only because
CrusherMania1592 CrusherMania1592
C73D91DD-DEE4-4128-B31F-50564B7A4CAB.jpeg

MainJPW

M.T.A
Isn't some of the Sonic music copyright really weird? I know there's the Michael Jackson stuff in Sonic 3, but is that all?
There was an issue with using music written by Masato Nakamura (wrote the music for Sonic 1&2) for Sonic 3 and Sonic Spinball because Dreams Come True owns the rights and not Sega. Probably the reason why all music from Sonic 1&2 besides Green Hill Zone were removed in Smash For.

There’s a thread on Sonic Retro about Sega music copyright and how they basically don’t own the rights to certain Sonic music.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He has been wrong. Literally a day before K. Rool he said there was no DK newcomers.
He didn't say that. That was a privetely leaked message to verg that only one of his sources said.

He probably has sources that tell him wrong info a lot, but if he doesn't report on them we'd never know.

We wouldn't know about the K Rool thing if it wasn't for Loz leaking the private message.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He has been wrong. Literally a day before K. Rool he said there was no DK newcomers.
No, he got random information that didn't match up. He never believed in that. He has no confidence in that idea. Don't spread out misinformation, man.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
I will also go out on a hunch and say there's only one more Smash direct before launch considering they have revealed a crap ton about the game already with really only spirits and possibly the online only being the real things to touch upon. This box theory seems very credible because even if we know the number; Nintendo wouldn't expect the game to be leaked due to being very secretive of Smash 5. In an alternative timeline we know there's only 2 more left for the base game but would not know who.

Sakurai is also adamantly against pre-launch DLC calling it not only a Scam but an epidemic in the industry. We not going to see DLC for some months is my guess as well.

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
For DLC i would want nintendo to bump up ATs into playable and also mii costumes into playables.

We already have rool, chrom, isabelle being promoted.

Also i can probably see those that are nowhere in sight like skull kid, shadow, isaac being placed in dlc.

I think sakurai is saving a lot of chars for dlc

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I will also go out on a hunch and day there's only one more Smash direct before launch considering they have revealed a crap ton about the game already with really only spirits and possibly the online only being the real things to touch upon. This box theory seems very credible because even if we know the number; Nintendo wouldn't expect the game to be leaked due to being very secretive of Smash 5. In an alternative timeline we know there's only 2 more left for the base game but would not know who.

Sakurai is also adamantly against pre-launch DLC calling it not only a Scam but an epidemic in the industry. We not going to see DLC for some months is my guess as well.
There's also the various single player modes. At the moment we only know about Classic and Training mode.

D

Deleted member

There was an issue with using music written by Masato Nakamura (wrote the music for Sonic 1&2) for Sonic 3 and Sonic Spinball because Dreams Come True owns the rights and not Sega. Probably the reason why all music from Sonic 1&2 besides Green Hill Zone were removed in Smash For.

There’s a thread on Sonic Retro about Sega music copyright and how they basically don’t own the rights to certain Sonic music.
Ah, so it's a similar situation to what may be going on with Final Fantasy VII? Good to know.

Potato_

Smash Lord
The one thing you can say Verge was wrong on IN REGARDS TO SMASH was Isabelle being an echo. He said one of his sources told him she was, and that was due to the large similarities in her moves to Villager. She just assumed that Isabelle was an echo from that. His other sources never clarified on whether she was an echo or not.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Toad is major. Nabbit is a fair point, but Bandana Dee and Toad have both been around for a lot longer than he has.
But if playable is a major role, then that means Nabbit is a major character, yes? So if we're getting Bandana Dee, we can probably anticipate Nabbit in the near future, yes?

And Yellow Toad isn't the Toad.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
MThis is not a Social thread, and never was.
Can't y'all just make one for this place as opposed to the regular Social thread that you linked? Just a suggestion

You guys really need to lower your expectations.
It never happens when Smash is brought up fam

It. Never. Happens.

I reminded people the previous Direct was about NINTENDO, not just ****ing SMASH and people were salty that night.

To clarify since a few of you are asking:

An example of a playable character that isn't major would be Toad in the New Super Mario Bros Series
Um...Toad IS a major character in the Mario sereis

If you want a character that isn't major, that would be Toadette right now (even though she's technically starting to rise up to major characters)

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I will also go out on a hunch and day there's only one more Smash direct before launch considering they have revealed a crap ton about the game already with really only spirits and possibly the online only being the real things to touch upon. This box theory seems very credible because even if we know the number; Nintendo wouldn't expect the game to be leaked due to being very secretive of Smash 5. In an alternative timeline we know there's only 2 more left for the base game but would not know who.

But Sakurai did reveal Mewtwo before the game even launched last time. The info for a DLC character could be around since they would either be planning or already developing by this point.

Shroob

Sup?
Trying to triple check with someone you assume to also be legit =/= wrong.

Verg believed like we all did that Loz18 was legit, and wanted his opinion on a 'leak' he had received that he didn't even believe himself.

If it weren't for Loz18 being an asshole, we wouldn't have even known about that.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
But if playable is a major role, then that means Nabbit is a major character, yes? So if we're getting Bandana Dee, we can probably anticipate Nabbit in the near future, yes?

And Yellow Toad isn't the Toad.
All right, all right, you win. There's no need to be pedantic.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Just out of curiosity:

1) What is your fav console?
2) What system had your fav library of games?
1. The Wii. Whenever I Look at a Wii, I think of one of the greatest Console Generations of all time. And in my opinion, The Wii was the best of the that generation in terms of games. (Though the 360 is a really good second.) The Wii also made me a fan of a certain company called Nintendo and Introduced me to the Franchise that is Super Smash Bros.
2. Wii:
Wii Sports: A contender for one of the greatest Launch titles of all time
Super Mario Strikers Charged: I don't like Soccer, but let me tell ya, I love this game
Super Mario Galaxy: One of The Greatest Mario Games of all Time
Super Smash Bros Brawl: This is the game that got me into Smash Bros and introduced me to some amazing Franchises
Mario Kart Wii: Still to this day, the best Mario Kart
Rhythm Heaven Fever: Introduced me to one of the most underrated and fun Nintendo Franchises.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
If any of you guys still have problems with Incineroar, just think of the memes!

Take for example, this lovely image I found. Text provided by a hilarious anon.

View attachment 164729

You know they say that all Smashers are trained equal, but you look at me and you look at Geno and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another Smasher, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add Hat Goomba to the mix, your chances of winning drastically go down. See the 3 way, at December 7th, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Hat Goomba KNOWS he can't beat me and he's not even gonna try!

So Geno, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got a 8 1/3 chance of winning at Ultimate. But then you take my 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of winning at Ultimate. See Geno, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you on December 7th.

I want to make a meme out of this but using a different set of characters. Let’s if I can work on it.

Sooo... anything new?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom