• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If any of you guys still have problems with Incineroar, just think of the memes!

Take for example, this lovely image I found. Text provided by a hilarious anon.

View attachment 164729

You know they say that all Smashers are trained equal, but you look at me and you look at Geno and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another Smasher, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add Hat Goomba to the mix, your chances of winning drastically go down. See the 3 way, at December 7th, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Hat Goomba KNOWS he can't beat me and he's not even gonna try!

So Geno, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got a 8 1/3 chance of winning at Ultimate. But then you take my 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of winning at Ultimate. See Geno, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you on December 7th.

Ah the legendary Scott Steiner Math promo...still glorious to this day
Luckily, that's why I was exclusively referring to Echoes and not newcomers.
Only problem with that is the fact that echoes are still newcomers. Doesn’t matter if they’re unique, semi, or an echo, they’re still new to the game. :ultdaisy::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultrichter: are still newcomers

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Ah the legendary Scott Steiner Math promo...still glorious to this day

Only problem with that is the fact that echoes are still newcomers. Doesn’t matter if they’re unique, semi, or an echo, they’re still new to the game. :ultdaisy::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultrichter: are still newcomers
I don't think you're understanding my point...I don't disagree.
What I'm saying is that those characters can't be Echoes. I'm not speaking for their chances as full-on newcomers.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Malos has a Monado and uses Monado Arts in bossfights, so he can be a Shulk Echo. He's a significant villain in both XC2 and Torna the Golden Country, so he's not some nobody.
Yeah, but I don't remember Malos using visions.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I saw mention of Isabelle's voice earlier, and that's all well and good, but I'd like to draw attention to the fact that if you pay close attention during her reveal trailer (particularly near the end where she lands on the ground and says "I hope you'll cheer me on!"), you can hear that she still makes jingling noises when she moves around.
I noticed that too, it's that great attention to details the reason why Sakurai, and his crew are so amazing. Also unlike Villager, Isabelle has a voice, which makes me curious of how she's gonna sound like in the game if she wins or gets KOed?
Mona and Kat and Ana can fart so hard they explode into the air..ride motorcycles...propel themselves into the air by spinning....hold their mouths wide open for a huge chomp...yeah, I don't think so.

Now THAT would be an ACTUAL waste if we got them as Echoes, and there aren't many of those wastes.

Glass Joe as a Little Mac Echo...could work I guess. But also, Elma does not use the Monado and neither does Rex, which...is what Shulk's entire moveset is based upon, ruling them out as well.
I would just cross echo Kat & Ana with the Ice Climbers, I unironically would love to play them.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't think you're understanding my point...I don't disagree.
What I'm saying is that those characters can't be Echoes. I'm not speaking for their chances as full-on newcomers.
Kat-Ana the echoes of Ice Climbers. It’s not that they can’t be echoes, it’s more likely that they wouldn’t be echoes (and I wouldn’t use the sentence “referring to echoes and not newcomers” cause that can be one confusing sentence)
I always imagine Incineroar like Recoome from Dragonball Z Abridged by TeamFourStar.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6ChwrPqBqP4
****ing yes

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I don't think the music theory holds true at all since we still haven't seen any new Animal Crossing song released at all

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
so just to recap our newcomers

We have... A kid whos a squid
a tomboy princess
Space Pirate Dragon
Two Holy manly men
Manly Sword Boy
Samus's Dark side born of Phazon
A big croc Pirate
Transition to... Innocent little dog secretary

If you had told anyone this before Ultimate was announced I think people would have thought you were on some crack.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Kat-Ana the echoes of Ice Climbers. It’s not that they can’t be echoes, it’s more likely that they wouldn’t be echoes (and I wouldn’t use the sentence “referring to echoes and not newcomers” cause that can be one confusing sentence)

****ing yes
Kat and Ana can suddenly throw out ice now? And wield large mallets?
The problem with this is that it's the same logic as "Banjo-Kazooie can just be Duck Hunt echoes". Sharing one gimmick doesn't mean they share 50 other important ones.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I don't think the music theory holds true at all since we still haven't seen any new Animal Crossing song released at all
I'm putting a fat bet for this week's music track being from Animal Crossing. Isabelle was only revealed this Thursday, they haven't had a new week to release the corresponding track.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
So here's a thought.

Mario music deconfirms a Mario newcomer, right?

Except we have two Mario categories for music.

What if they define spin-off music and mainline music for Mario as two different things, and as such, the characters as well?

I'm saying this because I want Geno and/or Paper Mario and this is a thought that is giving me hope btw

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Kat and Ana can suddenly throw out ice now? And wield large mallets?
The problem with this is that it's the same logic as "Banjo-Kazooie can just be Duck Hunt echoes". Sharing one gimmick doesn't mean they share 50 other important ones.
It’ll have to be something different and wield giant swords, plus since echoes can copy more than one person, there’s extra options for them (that’s only if Sakurai was crazy enough to actually attempt to make them an echo)

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So here's a thought.

What if they define spin-off music and mainline music for Mario as two different things, and as such, the characters as well?

I'm saying this because I want Geno and/or Paper Mario and this is a thought that is giving me hope btw
Keep the Geno and or Paper Mario dream alive brother!
(or sister)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It’ll have to be something different and wield giant swords, plus since echoes can copy more than one person, there’s extra options for them (that’s only if Sakurai was crazy enough to actually attempt to make them an echo)
So, what you're telling me, is that, they're not gonna be Echoes
TMNT baby please enough

Keep the Geno and or Paper Mario dream alive brother!
(or sister)
Sister, and believe me, I'm doing my very best especially for PM.
The vast majority got Geno covered. But I'll do my best for you Noi <3

Chron

Smash Journeyman
So, what are everyone's thoughts on the Online Service?
This basically sums up my thoughts in a few seconds:

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Are Skull Kid and Banana Dee actually popular (or at least during the development phase)?
Bandanna Dee's been popular since post-Brawl when they people found out that the player 4 of Kirby is missing.
Skull Kid has always had a decent fan-following, but with his chances being boosted during Ultimate, his fanbase really grew.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I mean, even if it did align right it doesn't mean they did it on purpose

If Skull Kid had gotten confirmed it doesn't mean the chairs were anything more than chairs haha We won't actually know unless they say something.

So there's that.

Fair enough. I wish after development Sakurai would come out and say "this was a hint, this wasn't" so we could finally end the debate but I doubt he will.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So here's a thought.

The past two games have used that second Mario for Mario Kart music.

I don't know why when there's only 6 or so songs.

OH GOD WE'RE GETTING PINK GOLD PEACH AREN'T WE?

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Add something constructive to the discussion, please.
Speaking of Mario, do you guys think he'll make it in?

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Fair enough. I wish after development Sakurai would come out and say "this was a hint, this wasn't" so we could finally end the debate but I doubt he will.
I’m starting to think, if the roster ends up being 72 and we don’t end up getting the characters the hints point towards, maybe he is throwing out hints to gauge the reaction to begin preparing for DLC characters.

Like “Hey, doesn’t this remind you of Golden Sun?” And then he has people keeping track of reactions and how appealing the character seems to be.

Too dumb? Yeah....
AB7DAD1C-6E9D-4C3C-BDE4-9331AE3FC06E.gif

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Are Skull Kid and Banana Dee actually popular (or at least during the development phase)?
Depends on who you ask. They both do pretty well in fan polls but as far as the ballot goes its impossible to say for certain.

I honestly didn't know people unironically wanted Skull Kid until this year. Bandana Dee feels like he should be in Smash but I'm not sure how large his fanbase actually is. If Bandana Dee did really well on the Ballot then I would imagine he would make it into Ultimate one way or another. Unless I'm mistaken, Sakurai MADE him didn't he?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The past two games have used that second Mario for Mario Kart music.

I don't know why when there's only 6 or so songs.

OH GOD WE'RE GETTING PINK GOLD PEACH AREN'T WE?
Assuming all Mario Kart songs return, we have:
-Mario Circuit
-Luigi Circuit
-Waluigi Pinball
-Rainbow Road (Double Dash)
-Rainbow Road Medley
-Rainbow Road (7)
-Rainbow Road (8)
-Circuit (Mario Kart 7)
-Cloudtop Cruise
-Mario Circuit (8)
-Mario Kart Stadium
-Mushroom Gorge

That's a pretty decent amount. Even in Brawl, Mario Kart had equal songs to Kid Icarus (which also had its own category). Mario Kart has it's own category in this game because they probably want Mario Kart music to be locked to Mario Kart stages.

Last edited by a moderator:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Off of work, what's the word?

I heard Vegreben call Incineroar a lock via his sources.
108 stages still a possibility? Or did Corocoro have a potential mess up?

Otherwise anything new and exciting?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
So, what are everyone's thoughts on the Online Service?
It's an absolute ****ing joke that provides nothing deserving of a yearly fee.

But I'm gonna buy it anyway because it's not expensive and I love Splatoon and MK8 too much to give them up in protest.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Skull Kid has been popular for a while; he won a huge fan poll from VG Tribune back in 2012, when Smash 4 was being developed. His fanbase just wasn't allowed to grow loud and vocal because he was disconfirmed early on in that game's hype cycle. But he's been requested at least since Brawl.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Assuming all Mario Kart songs return, we have:
-Mario Circuit
-Luigi Circuit
-Waluigi Pinball
-Rainbow Road (Double Dash)
-Rainbow Road Medley
-Rainbow Road (7)
-Rainbow Road (8)
-Circuit (Mario Kart 7)
-Cloudtop Cruise
-Mario Circuit (8)
-Mario Kart Stadium
-Mushroom Gorge

That's a pretty decent amount. Even in Brawl, Mario Kart had equal songs to Kid Icarus (which also had its own category). Mario Kart has it's own category in this game because they probably want Mario Kart music to be locked to Mario Kart stages.
Anyone else think it’s weird Tougon is over here making sense and not even using a meme to top it off?

Something is up in the world these last two days. It’s just been bonkers ‘round hyere.

Off of work, what's the word?

I heard Vegreben call Incineroar a lock via his sources.
108 stages still a possibility? Or did Corocoro have a potential mess up?

Otherwise anything new and exciting?
Negative.

Waiting to see if verg knows if Incineroar is in base roster and he is currently waiting to see if the SE rep is base roster.

If they are both base roster, Box Theory can take it’s place in Theory hell.

Not a whole lot other than that going on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom