• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, I've missed a bit. Any news in that 108 stages rumor? Disconfirmed?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Even if the song had gone live last week, I HIGHLY doubt the majority of people would have thought anything of it.
With Isabelle being an expected newcomer by many, most people would’ve thought something about it
Actually due to the Music Theory people would think Isabelle was disconfirmed lmao
Or at the least be an echo

Potato_

Smash Lord
We're the smash community and we're basically acting like kindergarten childs.

Either we will witch Hunt him if it's not Geno.
Ruin his credibility.
Or we will take what he says as gospel and pray his name then it will becomes wrong and we will hunt him down.

He want none of that so he don't say anything until he get more source corroborating his infos.

Verge has also expressed some... less than positive views on the smash community. He's used the term "Smashbabies" more than once.

I don't blame him for not saying the character. Idiots who don't follow along closely will just hear "this leaker said X was in!" and riot if his source was wrong.

Shroob

Sup?
Question. Why do you think Isabelle's trailer didn't feature a new song for her? Anything to do with the theory or no?
No idea.

My stance on it is to wait and see what happens.

I find the logic silly, but it's very obvious they moved the song until this week because....reasons?

If it is an Animal Crossing song this week, that chalks up another point in its favor.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
No idea.

My stance on it is to wait and see what happens.

I find the logic silly, but it's very obvious they moved the song until this week because....reasons?

If it is an Animal Crossing song this week, that chalks up another point in its favor.
I'm a bit confused. Why are we assuming the song was moved if it hasn't even been posted?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Does anyone know Inkling's crowd chant?
It's probably just Ink-ling! Ink-ling!, but I still have hope that it'll be Kid Now! Squid Now!

That isn’t the point though. The point is Verg just has to give us a name, he DOESN'T have to confirm anything. There's a difference. The only ones that would give Verg crap would be those who don't understand the concept of reading comprehension. I don't know about you but I think the majority of people do.

D

Deleted member

Verge has also expressed some... less than positive views on the smash community. He's used the term "Smashbabies" more than once.

I don't blame him for not saying the character. Idiots who don't follow along closely will just hear "this leaker said X was in!" and riot if his source was wrong.
Wasn't that when he was posting on r/Kappa, where hating on Smash is a meme because it's not a real fighting game?

It's probably just Ink-ling! Ink-ling!, but I still have hope that it'll be Kid Now! Squid Now!
Smash 4 gave us D K...Donkey Kong! There's a chance.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The code in the website layout.

The Pikmin song we got was numbered to go live this week, not last.
That's interesting.

Well, I guess we'll have to see what happens with this weeks music.

I'll frankly be shocked if Mario and Kirby make this game with no newcomers but it could totally happen I suppose.

That isn’t the point though. The point is Verg just has to give us a name, he DOESN'T have to confirm anything. There's a difference. The only ones that would give Verg crap would be those who don't understand the concept of reading comprehension. I don't know about you but I think the majority of people do.
I'm not sure you've been reading the previous posts?

This is the Smash fandom.
It genuinely doesn't matter what VERGE thinks. The vast majority will come away thinking "he mentioned Geno by name this is HUGE" and likely disregard how Verge feels entirely.
Verge cannot put his leaking career on the line like that with a character like Geno. It's dangerous.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
If Verg isn't confident, he's not going to say anything.

Even the original name drop of Incineroar was never meant to go public, that was due to Loz18.

He only says **** when he's 100 percent confident in it.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
I'm a bit confused. Why are we assuming the song was moved if it hasn't even been posted?
There's always music updates on Wednesdays. And reading the web code people knows how many updates the blog missed. Pikmin theme was planned for this week.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The only ones that would give Verg crap would be those who don't understand the concept of reading comprehension. I don't know about you but I think the majority of people
This is the smash community where we read in cereal box, house furniture, Digital Costume for our self-insert and interview from years ago to use as proof in an argument.

Trust me. We don't.

Chrono.

That's interesting.

Well, I guess we'll have to see what happens with this weeks music.

I'll frankly be shocked if Mario and Kirby make this game with no newcomers but it could totally happen I suppose.
Mario got Daisy.

I guess she doesn't count cause she's an echo?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Mario got Daisy.

I guess she doesn't count cause she's an echo?
Also helps that she was revealed before the weekly music sample thing started (by minutes), and I don’t think echoes apply to the music theory since Dark Samus joined over a month after the Brinstar Depths remix

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
You severely underestimate how stupid the Smash community can get, in that case.

Vergeben could easily drop a name that some random source told him about what the SE character is, all the while specifically saying it isn't one of his Smash sources and should be taken with a grain of salt, and the Smash community would still run a mile with it, claiming he confirmed what the SE character he said was going to be; all the while giving him **** for it because it probably isn't Geno.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think the biggest hit or miss against the "Music theory" will be if we get an Animal Crossing song this week.

We know last week's music track was delayed to this week, so if it IS Animal Crossing, that's a point for it.

......and we're still missing a Pokemon song, ya know?

D

Deleted member

Verge cannot put his leaking career on the line like that with a character like Geno. It's dangerous.
Oh no what ever shall we do that guy who tipped off information he heard about video games lost his "career" due to bad information /s

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
As long as we don't have three characters all sharing "Link! Link! Link!" since Dark Pit is a legit enough character to get his own chant, but Link/Tink aren't.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
I think the biggest hit or miss against the "Music theory" will be if we get an Animal Crossing song this week.

We know last week's music track was delayed to this week, so if it IS Animal Crossing, that's a point for it.

If music theory ends up being the one crackpot theory that was right I don't know what I'll do.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Now I have a question for you all. Would any of you all dedicate a single day to simply listening to the music in Smash nonstop, with the amount of tracks we have? It's possible, and I would try it.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
You know, pissing off a whole videogame community is a good deal these days, with cases of hard on-line arrassement and swatting becoming a thing. I dunno why Vergenben wants to queep the things solid.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If music theory ends up being the one crackpot theory that was right I don't know what I'll do.
I mean, even if it did align right it doesn't mean they did it on purpose

If Skull Kid had gotten confirmed it doesn't mean the chairs were anything more than chairs haha We won't actually know unless they say something.

So there's that.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
If the music theory is real I'd probably cry simply because it deconfirms Paper Mario, Geno, Bandana Dee, ..and in my eyes that's it.

Those 3 just get big screwed over by some tunes.

Pikmin? Yoshi? Fire Emblem? F-Zero? Megaman? Metal Gear? Street Fighter?
Those all have plausible Echoes that could still totally make the cut. Except Megaman, granted.

But damn. Those other 3 just get claimed by this theory.

EDIT: Skull Kid as well.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

I've been here so long and somehow I've missed the music theory, mind explaining?
If the music theory is real I'd probably cry simply because it deconfirms Paper Mario, Geno, Bandana Dee, ..and in my eyes that's it.

Those all have plausible Echoes that could still totally make the cut. Except Megaman, granted.

Not up to date on the music theory but how does it Deconfirm any new franchise? Geno is not part of Mario, it is a separate franchise (well...1 game) and so is his music. I'd assume that if he's in, that would HAVE to be done to legally separate the two if Square allows it.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

Hey don't you be disrespecting Roll

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I believe Verge is doing the right thing by not telling us the name of the Square Enix character. Many people take his word as fact at the moment, so announcing who it is isn't a great idea. He can put out all the disclaimers he wants, but people are still going to act as if the character is either definately in or has their chance risen, when they really don't. It's a good idea to just keep it as Square Enix rep right now, because that's really all he knows

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultbayonetta::ultduckhunt::ultfox::ulticeclimbers::ultlittlemac::ultness::ultpacman::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultrob::ultshulk::ultsonic::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer: are all still kicking while :ultvillager: is definitely gonna have the next song
Hey don't you be disrespecting Roll
Roll for Smash?
Oh I mean...well...Roll's out there. Would be a great surprise Echo.
Roll for Smash!
Now I have a question for you all. Would any of you all dedicate a single day to simply listening to the music in Smash nonstop, with the amount of tracks we have? It's possible, and I would try it.
Only if I want to become a psychopath
Also Kid Icarus, Bayonetta, Star Fox, Punch Out, Xenoblade, maybe Wario and the obvious Sonic series have echoes (uniques and semis aswell) available aswell.
Music theory: Slippy slips in!
Slippy will be the best StarFox character

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Did Vergeben ever say anything about K. Rool? That was a big surprise reveal that I don't think I saw leaked anywhere, and it makes me wonder if there's more significant surprise reveals for this game that are being kept under stricter confidentiality than what Verg's sources have access to.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I do that everyday lol.

Not the entire day, obviously, but yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom