• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The rule of thumb from what I understand is "If a song appears on the website, that franchise isn't getting a non-echo newcomer, franchises that get newcomers get their song AFTER their newcomer reveal"

This seems like ridiculously flimsy logic, but they moved the Animal Crossing song due to the delay because.....? Why? Isabelle didn't have a new remix in her trailer, and I highly doubt anyone would have been suspicious if they threw up an AC track on the site.

We've yet to get a Pokemon remix to this day.
What franchises have failed the music theory anyway? As in, they won't be getting a newcomer according to the theory?

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
The rule of thumb from what I understand is "If a song appears on the website, that franchise isn't getting a non-echo newcomer, franchises that get newcomers get their song AFTER their newcomer reveal"

This seems like ridiculously flimsy logic, but they moved the Animal Crossing song due to the delay because.....? Why? Isabelle didn't have a new remix in her trailer, and I highly doubt anyone would have been suspicious if they threw up an AC track on the site.

Ridiculously flimsy logic is all we have left, can’t believe they thought one obvious newcomer was enough for a monthly update, like I’m surprised there’s not riots in the streets :D

Shroob

Sup?
What franchises have failed the music theory anyway? As in, they won't be getting a newcomer according to the theory?
Mario, Kirby, Pikmin, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, F-Zero, Megaman, Metal Gear, Street Fighter.

But Dark Samus came after Brinstar Depths so clones seem to be exempt from this.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Zelda, Kirby, Mega Man, Metal Gead, F-Zero, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Mario, and Pikmin.

This applies to unique newcomers only. Not echoes.

EDIT: :ultgreninja:’d

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Mario, Kirby, Pikmin, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, F-Zero, Megaman, Metal Gear, Street Fighter.

But Dark Samus came after Brinstar Depths so clones seem to be exempt from this.
Ah, so the pattern doesn't ACTUALLY hold up and we're using the Echoes logic.
Yeah I...wouldn't be too stressed about this theory.

I don’t understand why Verg can’t just say “ one source told me ( insert character ) but I wouldn’t put too much stock into it yet myself”. Why are we over complicating things again?

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607

It is flimsy. Lol. I’ll disregard that one until more comes along to confirm it.
But even then, it doesn’t help confirm anything else. It would just be another tie in.
I like that you’re out here trying to find what you can, though, man. It’s cool the community tries anything they can to help figure things out.
B3B76F54-4421-40DE-BF1B-228F9B37FF3F.gif

My Chris Tucker gifs will be coming to you live from now on courtesy of Blade of Evil's Bane Blade of Evil's Bane

I have a gimmick, guys!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Ah, so the pattern doesn't ACTUALLY hold up and we're using the Echoes logic.
Yeah I...wouldn't be too stressed about this theory.
Except it does.

Why would they move out the Animal Crossing song until this week and replace it with the Pikmin one?

An Animal Crossing remix would tell us nothing in regards to Isabelle, but the team found it necessary that Isabelle MUST be known first.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I don’t understand why Verg can’t just say “ one source told me ( insert character ) but I wouldn’t put too much stock into it yet myself”. Why are we over complicating things again?
Because whoever that character is would obviously explode across all corners of Smash speculation and if it turns out false, he'll take a hit to his reputation and probably get death threats because this is the classy Smash community

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

I feel like it's possibly coincidental for the most part.

Isabelle doesn't seem to have any music tied to her character unless we get some sort of new town hall remix, which we would've heard in her trailer.

I think any music related theory can be put to sleep if we don't get an AC song this week.

D

Deleted member

Because someone would just be like "VeggieTales said *character* is coming" and people hype themselves up for no reason, and if the source isn't valid, then he gets blamed for no reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Because even if he says that, tons of people will go nuts over "Vergeben said x character!" and take his comment out of context and assume the character is already confirmed, particularly if it's a character they want.

Then if it turns out to not happen, everyone will go down on Vergeben as being fake, unreliable, other not-nice things, etc.

It makes sense for Vergeben to be coy about names because of this.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
We're the smash community and we're basically acting like kindergarten childs.

Either we will witch Hunt him if it's not Geno.
Ruin his credibility.
Or we will take what he says as gospel and pray his name then it will becomes wrong and we will hunt him down.

He want none of that so he don't say anything until he get more source corroborating his infos.

Untouch

Smash Master
Except it does.

Why would they move out the Animal Crossing song until this week and replace it with the Pikmin one?

An Animal Crossing remix would tell us nothing in regards to Isabelle, but the team found it necessary that Isabelle MUST be known first.
Isabelle's trailer and gameplay videos do not use a new song, it's actually the first of all gameplay videos for newcomers to use an old song. Animal Crossing may not even be getting new music.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Except it does.

Wait, have we gotten AC music yet? As in, since Isabelle's reveal? Or am I dearly confused.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Because someone would just be like "VeggieTales said *character* is coming" and people hype themselves up for no reason, and if the source isn't valid, then he gets blamed for no reason.
I thought Veggie Burger was the best possible Vergeben nickname. You have proven me wrong with VeggieTales. Thank you.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Because even if he says that, tons of people will go nuts over "Vergeben said x character!" and take his comment out of context and assume the character is already confirmed, particularly if it's a character they want.

Then if it turns out to not happen, everyone will go down on Vergeben as being fake, unreliable, other not-nice things, etc.

It makes sense for Vergeben to be coy about names because of this.
In other words, this is why we can’t have nice things :p

Because whoever that character is would obviously explode across all corners of Smash speculation and if it turns out false, he'll take a hit to his reputation and probably get death threats because this is the classy Smash community
You’re exaggerating. He literally did the same with Incinoar(???) Also his repuation wouldn’t take a hit if he could just say he doesn’t 100 percent believe it himself. Again why are we over complicating things?

Starbound

People don't like Vergeben.

He's at the point where his reputation blows up if he gets a character wrong. Which is why he's being extra careful right now.

Plus some salty fanboys would probably figure out how to doxx him if he said Geno was coming and we got Agnes (or best girl Primrose) instead.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There is no way ROB's is going to be the same because it goes against the way Final Smashes work now. Fast and to the point
They changed that weird Brawl one to a Samus esque one in For. So, it still counts as straight to the point like the others.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The only series still standing against the music theory are :ultbayonetta::ultcloud:(though we all know he isn’t getting any new songs):ultfox::ulticeclimbers::ultlittlemac::ultgnw::ultness::ultpacman::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultrob::ultshulk::ultsonic::ultwiifittrainer:and for now :ultvillager:
Wait, have we gotten AC music yet? As in, since Isabelle's reveal? Or am I dearly confused.
Not until this Tuesday at the earliest
I think any music related theory can be put to sleep if we don't get an AC song this week.
That’s the truth...excluding echoes of course cause they seem to be the only things that aren’t an equation

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They changed that weird Brawl one to a Samus esque one in For. So, it still counts as straight to the point like the others.
I was not aware of that.

I thought that was still his Final Smash

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
You’re exaggerating. He literally did the same with Incinoar(???) Also his repuation wouldn’t take a hit if he could just say he doesn’t 100 percent believe it himself. Again why are we over complicating things?
You're comparing him just saying "it's a gen 7 Pokemon who's not Mimikyu and I have multiple source saying so" to
"I Know this Third parties Characters might get in but I can't say it's name and Only have one source even if it's the most trustworthy one"

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
He only said Incineroar in a private message to someone who later was a **** and leaked that message to other people. And now he's only saying Incineroar because all his sources line up.

Even then, after that more than half the forums here were treating incineroar as a lock from that alone. Sure, it wound up working for the best since then Vergeben agreed it's happening, but if we had gotten a surprise pokemon pick instead, tons of people would have gone down on Verg for having said incineroar and being wrong about it.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I made the same mistake about Incin, but if you recall, he never openly talked about him until a conversation he had with Loz was leaked.

He was checking to see if Loz heard the same name, but then Loz went and showed everybody so he had to explain himself.

Only now is he backing Incin when he is 100% sure about it

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Except it does.

Well, I don't think so. If they put an Animal Crossing song missing the newcomer and reading into the web code... 'OMG, the direct's fighter is from Animal Crossing! Who can be except Isabelle!" Just some "Simon leak" again.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
We have yet to get an Animal Crossing song.

If there is one for this week's music, that implies they delayed the song because......?
I'll get back to you if there is one for this week's music.
If there is an AC song for this week's music, yeah that changes things in the theory's favor.
But if there isn't? That changes things and not in the theory's favor.

Iridium

Smash Hero
One reason why I want a fourth taunt is so that I can see this:

Anything! A costume, a victory animation, anything!

Shroob

Sup?
Well, I don't think so. If they put an Animal Crossing song missing the newcomer and reading into the web code... 'OMG, the direct's fighter is from Animal Crossing! Who can be except Isabelle!" Just some "Simon leak" again.
The difference here is Bloody Tears was from a brand new IP.

Animal Crossing has been in since Brawl.

Even if the song had gone live last week, I HIGHLY doubt the majority of people would have thought anything of it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
TFW all the stupid *** theories are true but the chair one

It was a pretty baseless theory to begin with. Two colors of chairs? Like, it'd be more logical to tie it to Isabelle at this point due to furniture.

Or nothing at all. Sometimes it's just nothing.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

Even if the song had gone live last week, I HIGHLY doubt the majority of people would have thought anything of it.
Actually due to the Music Theory people would think Isabelle was disconfirmed lmao

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Question. Why do you think Isabelle's trailer didn't feature a new song for her? Anything to do with the theory or no?

Starbound

Remember that guy from here and Reddit a few months ago that claimed to have a copy of the demo?

He lied about the circumstances of how he got the game (a friend took it and gave it to him, when in reality he was a Gamestop manager holding an event at his store).

When he got exposed for lying about something relatively insignificant, he got doxxed.

Multiple times.

I don't think you understand how angry this fanbase can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom