• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Even though the Box theory is most likely legit. Dear god help us all..... The DLC wars are happening yall. Since I am an adamant supporter of Elma; I am going to advocate the most against rex and pyra and try to sway as many people as I can to support Elma. Since Elma is looking incredibly unlikely to be in; I doubt we going to get both Elma and Rex/Pyra as DLC.

:(

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Just to reiterate: Don’t worry until Box Theory is entirely confirmed. The space on the other side is also the last row on that side of the box. It may not be an echo space. It could be a logo space or ESRB rating(something like that) that takes up the final space. They would need to accommodate that spot in a mock-up for accuracy because they use the final mock-up for printing.
B926306B-A5CA-4617-BE93-4F005F72A7D9.jpeg

I’m surprised we never thought of this.
This is really likely.

papagenos papagenos
Don’t give up hope! Lol

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Even though the Box theory is most likely legit. Dear god help us all..... The DLC wars are happening yall. Since I am an adamant supporter of Elma; I am going to advocate the most against rex and pyra and try to sway as many people as I can to support Elma. Since Elma is looking incredibly unlikely to be in; I doubt we going to get both Elma and Rex/Pyra as DLC.

:(
"Most likely legit" now that's a big leap friend

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Are we going down the weird rabbit hole that is Peachette?
I don’t think you understand, Peachette basically destroyed the canon Mario barely even had.

Peach... IS A TOAD!?!
6B70BD49-74D3-4BEE-9870-58840BFBC291.gif

WHAT IS THIIIIISS!?! AND WHY IS THIS IN MY MARIO GAME!?!

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Why do you say that?
Are you implying there won't be a Geno reveal? ;-;
I'm betting against it personally. For the average person who buys Smash I genuinely believe Incineroar would be a better last pick than Geno would be.

Say what you will but how many kids these days know who Geno is? Not a ton. We got K. Rool who may be equally as obscure to them. Meanwhile what have the young'uns got? I can't think of anything. Incineroar would be a pretty solid choice for them, though.

I get the feeling someone's gonna argue with me that everyone knows who Geno is and I'm just gonna laugh at it, just putting that out there before anyone plays that card. I'm almost 22 and I didn't know who Geno was, meanwhile my childhood was mainly Nintendo. The idea that the average joe knows who Geno is.......I think is horribly misinformed.

Then again, maybe I'm just the guy who grew up under a rock. :drshrug:

EDIT: Keep in mind while reading this that I don't hate Geno please. I'm not trying to get anyone heated.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I don’t think you understand, Peachette basically destroyed the canon Mario barely even had.

Peach IS A TOAD!?!

Why else would she be the monarch of a kingdom of mushroom people?

She's effectively the Queen Bee/Ant, a bigger version of her subjects.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Toad, Dixie, Waddle Dee... any other MAJOR nintendo characters we would be missing if the box theory is right?

I know theres plenty more characters people want for smash (isaac/ashley/elma/impa etc...) but more like nintendo icons? Waluigi to some extent fits since hes part of so many Mario games. Skull Kids might be the only other one that falls right bellow those 4 just cause of how "iconic" majoras mask itself is.

Also I'm sure theres 20-50 iconic pokemon characters (pokemon and human) missing but realistically we can never properly rep pokemon fully with playable fighters.

Its pretty crazy how close to be truly "complete" the game is right now, even if box theory was true a decent amount of dlc over a couple years could end with a nearly perfect roster.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Toad, Dixie, Waddle Dee... any other MAJOR nintendo characters we would be missing if the box theory is right?

I know theres plenty more characters people want for smash (isaac/ashley/elma/impa etc...) but more like nintendo icons? Waluigi to some extent fits since hes part of so many Mario games. Skull Kids might be the only other one that falls right bellow those 4 just cause of how "iconic" majoras mask itself is.

Also I'm sure theres 20-50 iconic pokemon characters (pokemon and human) missing but realistically we can never properly rep pokemon fully with playable fighters.

Its pretty crazy how close to be truly "complete" the game is right now, even if box theory was true a decent amount of dlc over a couple years could end with a nearly perfect roster.
Paper Mario.

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
Just to reiterate: Don’t worry until Box Theory is entirely confirmed. The space on the other side is also the last row on that side of the box. It may not be an echo space. It could be a logo space or ESRB rating(something like that) that takes up the final space. They would need to accommodate that spot in a mock-up for accuracy because they use the final mock-up for printing.
View attachment 164779
But this version doesn’t have the characters on the side like the new one does. All the evidence is leaning towards the box theory being a reality.

Draugen

Smash Apprentice
Well, it may be a bit of a strecht here, but I remembered something from Gamefaqs. There's a user, LordRattergun, that "confirmed" Ridley the day prior to E3, and K. Rool the day before the Smash Direct, by a peculiar way: saying that they would never been on Smash Ultimate. And he did that as being so harsh with these character's fanbases, that the board was on fire against him, mocking him.
My theory, and of some of the members there, is that he has some kind of information and just ****post to leak it.
Why am I bringing this up?
Well, on the day before the original date scheduled for the Nintendo Direct, he posted this:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76969519

I'm just sharing this here for fun, since it "disproves" it in a funny way.
Don't take me so serious, but I always enjoy reading his "leaks" and I think that something must have happened that they removed Isaac from the last Direct.

PS.: I'll use anything I can get against the box theory.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Everyone is all "good for incineroar, decidueye had his chance in Pokken"

Meanwhile Primarina gets nothing T-T
She's totally Gen 7's Venusaur. It's sad but her design doesn't leave much room for the mobility that fighting games require.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I'm betting against it personally. For the average person who buys Smash I genuinely believe Incineroar would be a better last pick than Geno would be.

Say what you will but how many kids these days know who Geno is? Not a ton. We got K. Rool who may be equally as obscure to them. Meanwhile what have the young'uns got? I can't think of anything. Incineroar would be a pretty solid choice for them, though.

I get the feeling someone's gonna argue with me that everyone knows who Geno is and I'm just gonna laugh at it, just putting that out there before anyone plays that card. I'm almost 22 and I didn't know who Geno was, meanwhile my childhood was mainly Nintendo. The idea that the average joe knows who Geno is.......I think is horribly misinformed.

Then again, maybe I'm just the guy who grew up under a rock. :drshrug:

EDIT: Keep in mind while reading this that I don't hate Geno please. I'm not trying to get anyone heated.

Thats why you put incineroar on the Box for the kids in the store to see while Geno gets revealed on the internet for the older hardcore fans ;)

haha just joking...kinda.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
But this version doesn’t have the characters on the side like the new one does. All the evidence is leaning towards the box theory being a reality.
I know. But ratings on the side of a box is extremely commonplace, isn’t it? Especially on the bottom right of the left side of the box. Which is where the row in question(where Ken would be) happens to be.

Doesn’t prove anything. I’m just stating the possibility. I won’t be relieved until something concrete comes along.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Isabelle, Inkling, and Incineroar for the zoomers

K Rool, Ridley, Geno, Simon, Ken, and Richter for the boomers

D

Deleted member

Why are people against the idea of Incineroar in Smash again?
Was formerly against because I just didn't like him. I've warmed to him considerably, and if he hits people with flaming chairs or tables, I might use him quite a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Thats why you put incineroar on the Box for the kids in the store to see while Geno gets revealed on the internet for the older hardcore fans ;)

haha just joking...kinda.
I wouldn't complain. DEATH TO THE BOX!

Why are people against the idea of Incineroar in Smash again?
Because they want a different mon.

There also may be hate left over after the whole "OMG WHY IS HE BIPEDAL GAMEFREAK?!?!" thing.

Last edited:

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
inb4 surprise Captain Toad/Toadette Ice Climbers Clone

Toad's been represented by 'Toad' [SMB2 Toad, Mario Kart Toad, Wario's Woods Toad, Super Mario Run etc], Captain Toad, Blue Toad, Yellow Toad, Toadette, Toadsworth... there's a lot of directions they could go.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I missed an episode or is the concept of a Dark Fire bipedal wrestler heel feline actually considered by people as "boring" ?

Chron

Smash Journeyman
Just out of curiosity:

1) What is your fav console?
2) What system had your fav library of games?
N64 for both:
It has a fantastic library of legendary classics that even today's games are compared to, including Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Mario Party, Goldeneye, Smash Bros, etc.
(Also it's my end goal in life to make a working version of real-time Majora's Mask the 64DD. lol)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I guess people forgot that Peach's original name was Toadstool.

Speaking of, now I want a Peachette costume for Peach.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Peach... IS A TOAD!?!
View attachment 164782

I've always assumed that she had a Toad bloodline somewhere. So one of her parents is full/part Toad or one of her grandparents are. Also note that Toadsworth is her caretaker since a infant and is full Toad

Now onto Smash news, I will LOL'd if this becomes an outfit for Peach in Ultimate

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget about

The blonde man-child
Tony the tiger who shoots fire out of his ****
Why is it that when Incineroar's detractors see him, they forget about the concept of belts and/or waists?

Also, I'm not an SF expert so bear with me here- how is Ken a man-child?

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

Peach... IS A TOAD!?!

So does that mean that Toad becomes hot when he gets a crown?

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman

Wasn't Toadstool just an American thing? I think she was always Peach in Japan. Kinda like how Eggman was always Eggman in Japan but changed to Dr. Robotnik in the west before they converged.

Either way, Peach just being a Toadette constantly in super mode is a headcanon I'm willing to get behind.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
View attachment 164779
I’m surprised we never thought of this.
This is really likely.

papagenos papagenos
Don’t give up hope! Lol
I know. But ratings on the side of a box is extremely commonplace, isn’t it? Especially on the bottom right of the right side. Which is where the row in question(where Ken would be) happens to be.

Doesn’t prove anything. I’m just stating the possibility. I won’t be relieved until something concrete comes along.
I don't know what's on the European box you've shown, but on the US box, there's only the same picture that's on the right side. The ESRB rating is on the front, and all the legal text and UPC barcode is on the back.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
I missed an episode or is the concept of a Dark Fire bipedal wrestler heel feline actually considered by people as "boring" ?
It is when it's literally the 7th Fire type starter in a row to be bipedal after randomly and inexplicably jumping from quadruped to biped for its final evolution in spite of there not being any logical buildup to that in the first two evolutions.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why else would she be the monarch of a kingdom of mushroom people?

She's effectively the Queen Bee/Ant, a bigger version of her subjects.
She could’ve been adopted...but now life has no meaning when it comes to Mario
Only makes me curious on what the male equivalent of Toad getting the crown would be...

Also does that mean Daisy.... NAH!!!
They become Waluigi

Never been forgotten, but never has such a last name cause such an uproar in the Mario theoryverse until now

But we might’ve spent 30+ years of Mario ****ing a mushroom when he could’ve stayed with Pauline or even hook up with Rosalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom