• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Minecraft stage
Alola Stage
2nd SE Stage

There's three right there.

I'm HIGHLY suspect to say Incineroar would get a stage since neither Ridley nor K.Rool did, but it's TPC, they get special treatment.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
SourceGaming has their hands on the magazine and is looking through it right now:

We'll have this figured out soon-ish.

We mentioned it with Box Theory, but this sort of stuff (Nintendo leaking details about their own damn game) has happened before.

kylexv

Smash Master
Magazines have gotten stuff wrong before. But Corocoro is usually legit (always in the case of Pokemon), so I think we have a final stage count here.

Although I don't see how this automatically kills the box theory. I do agree it makes it less likely to be true but....still keeping expectations low for my own sanity.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
So we have good news for once AND the thread is intermixing talk of the Corocoro reveal with FF7 story talk? I can die happy.

Or go to bed happy. Which I will now do because work in the morning. New stage hype! Something GOOD to discuss for once.

Night all.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So we potentially have 5 more stages left and DK only has 2 of out of it's 4 stages? Tropical Freeze stage alongside Dixie Kong please and thank you mr. sakurai
With the background shenanigans interfering with Stage Morph?
trash.jpg
Dixie can still be in though, but if K. Rool didn't get a stage Dixie sure as hell won't.

StormC

Smash Hero
man why are there so many box theory advocates? kind of depressing really.
People enjoy being right and saying "I told you so" even when it would be disappointing.

If they're miserable, everyone else should be too.

D

Deleted member

He's my favorite Belmont but I wanted to be fair and keep the OG while I made room for Soma and Alucard.

Why Soma? Well, because I like him and he'd bring something new to the table that Simon and Alucard can't. Which is the power to use the souls of dead monsters and project them into the real world for battle. Basically he'd be a summoner-type character.

Plus, even though it's not really important at this point, I do wanna point out that he's one of the more popular CV protagonists and both his games were on Nintendo consoles.
I mean that's fine and all but that's against the rules I made
I don't think I understand? What else would they cover?
I mean, why woukd it have this one exclusive new oiece of info and nothing else? Why would CoroCoro even know this?

Potato_

Smash Lord
SourceGaming has their hands on the magazine and is looking through it right now:

We'll have this figured out soon-ish.

We mentioned it with Box Theory, but this sort of stuff (Nintendo leaking details about their own damn game) has happened before.
Do you hear it?

The sound of hype coming back to this thread?

Shroob

Sup?
I'm still not thinking every of those 5 new stages will be tied to a newcomer.

IF WE ASSUME VERG IS LEGIT:

We have 'probably' a Minecraft Stage

A 2nd SE rep stage

And even though I'm hesitant to say Incineroar would get a stage, it's Pokemon, they're the favorite child

So there's 3 of the 5 right there.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Minecraft stage
Alola Stage
2nd SE Stage

I'm HIGHLY suspect to say Incineroar would get a stage since neither Ridley nor K.Rool did, but it's TPC, they get special treatment.
That's one comparison.

The other is Odyssey/BotW/SunMoon as the biggest games of the last generation for the company.

Minecraft, Alola, Square, Golden Sun, Devil May Cry for our lineup?

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
That reminds me, I've got a really good Team Lora moveset cooking up. Is there a Lora support thread (for DLC, I guess)? I only saw Jin.
I've gotten like 10 hours in Golden Country and I've been thinking the same thing, she should start getting some support for the DLC season

StormC

Smash Hero
Minecraft stage
Alola Stage
2nd SE Stage

Characters don't get stages. Games do. Incineroar is from a game currently unrepresented in stages while K. Rool and Ridley have multiple stages.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I mean that's fine and all but that's against the rules I made

I mean, why woukd it have this one exclusive new oiece of info and nothing else? Why would CoroCoro even know this?
Why does CoroCoro usually know about new Pokemon ahead of literally anyone else though? There isn't always a reason.

Shroob

Sup?
That's one comparison.

The other is Odyssey/BotW/SunMoon as the biggest games of the last generation for the company.

Oh....right.

This lines up with Dante theory oddly enough.

WELL THEN.

kylexv

Smash Master
Assuming Vergeben is 100% right, that means we'll probably get:

Minecraft Stage
New Pokemon stage (?)
Monster Hunter stage (?)
No idea
No idea

Cool that we're probably getting 5 more new stages. 4 was definitely not enough.

Chrono.

I'm gonna say it's a misprint cause Corocoro have been known to screw up before.

...Well, magazines in general do.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'm still not thinking every of those 5 new stages will be tied to a newcomer.

IF WE ASSUME VERG IS LEGIT:

We have 'probably' a Minecraft Stage

A 2nd SE rep stage

And even though I'm hesitant to say Incineroar would get a stage, it's Pokemon, they're the favorite child

So there's 3 of the 5 right there.
Tbh it'd be kinda weird to not include a sun and moon stage anyway, there's more than enough potential and that was a pretty major title.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
With the background shenanigans interfering with Stage Morph?
View attachment 164588
Dixie can still be in though, but if K. Rool didn't get a stage Dixie sure as hell won't.
Except she can because Tropical Freeze. Aka the highly successful New DKC game that's come out twice since Smash 4. A game that brought back Dixie. Yeah, she's probably MORE likely to get a stage than Rool, and less likely to get an ACE composed trumpet eargasm.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Minecraft stage
Alola Stage
2nd SE Stage

Unless...you know...a new Metroid stage and DK stage are among the 5.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
So I actually am now on team 103 thanks to Isabelle being unique. The sudden turn to "wrong" gives me hope that I won't count on, and unless the Japanese is correct enough then I don't fully buy it.

Hyaku-hachi and hyaku-san are totally different in Japanese, so I doubt it's "oops, I hit 8 by mistake" if this is legit.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So if Push has the magazine...

that means it's real, right?

Yes I know this is a stupid question.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
The pessimist in me is saying this was a typo/misprint on CoroCoro's part but oh how I would love to be wrong.

If this is true, then things are certainly looking up.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Fellas let's at least acknowledge that this new info of 108 stages dents the Box Theory. You guys asked for valid counterpoints. Here is one.
I agree. It doesn't kill it, but it definitely makes it way more vulnerable than it is now.

So if Push has the magazine...

that means it's real, right?

Yes I know this is a stupid question.
He said it was real, yes.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My hope for a Shadows of Valentia stage lives on!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
If that image is real, and there really are 108 stages in Ultimate, then I'm really glad.

We can finally lay the whole "Sakurai said there would be ONLY 103 stages, and if you think otherwise you're an idiot." thing to rest.

Personally, I'm hoping for a new PAC-MAN, Xenoblade, or Fire Emblem stage.

A stage for R.O.B. would also be nice though.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
That's one comparison.

If I had to guess about stages I'd say that seems about right.

If this is correct, then these stages had a reason for not being shown off, and that's that they're likely tied to characters.

Shroob

Sup?
Or it could be Geno and a Super Mario RPG stage

Especially if ya'll believing Verg's Minecraft
I mentioned the 2nd SE stage being one of the five.

HOWEVER, Dante theory says Geno is NOT in and it's another SE rep.

We can't confirm or deny it until November, frustratingly enough.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
By the way, CoroCoro has made mistakes and so some of the Japanese are being cautious (like, the 3 could have been mistaken for an 8). It looks like a normal CoroCoro page, though. Mainly because of that FamiSta stuff on the other page.

StormC

Smash Hero
The fact that people think this might be a misprint really indicates a strange expectation of disappointment by default.

Y'all are nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom