• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
To be fair Pokemon is different than Smash Bros, but Corocoro has revealed Pokemon before anyone else.
Just sayin'.
CoroCoro is also not one to normally 'leak' Smash info, Famitsu would be.

I believe this is probably legitamite, but why this magazine, and why would they say it soo early? Like, if box theory was weird because "Nintendo wouldn't show us only 2 left!"

Then this is just as weird by them basically telling us there's 5 stages we've yet to see.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Interesting-ish thing about the Corocoro "leak," it's posted here to a Japanese forum, where it was posted at 3:04 JST. That's yesterday for us Westerners, unless I'm interpreting it incorrectly.

Lends a bit more of credence to it than it being posted by a provisional GameFAQs account 30-ish minutes ago.
That's not where it was posted to, that's a site that reposts stuff from 5ch. This is where it was actually posted to.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
WE MADE IT BOYS

WE HAVE SURVIVED THE DROUGHT

108 STAGES

108 DAYS FOR CELEBRATION AND LOVE

GOD BLESS US ALL AND GOD BLESS YOU READING THIS

please lord jesus above do not Epic Troll me

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
As someone who believes the box theory, I will say it is nice that the magazine is here to release the choking grasp cardboard held on the speculation scene.

Now we can have fun again.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Now how would you guys feel if this was the DLC roster?

Also my prediction of how I think it will turn out along with the base roster I posted a few pages back.

Unique Fighters:
Bandana Dee
Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac
Rex & Pyra
Spring Man

Echo Fighters:
Black Knight
Felix
Medusa
Octoling
Ribbon Girl
TBH Kinda disappointing. For DLC, Nintendo can do a lot better. Like this:
  • Isaac
  • Sora
  • Arle Nadja
  • Skull Kid
  • Bandana Dee
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Paper Mario
  • Rex & Pyra
  • Magolor
  • Spring Man
  • Geno
  • Dixie Kong
Include echoes as you see fit, and maybe add in a couple hype third parties (Dante, Joker, etc.) or misc. first parties (Ayumi, Lip, etc.)

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
I've been too busy playing Torna (kinda depressed now that Rex would probably be the XC2 rep rather than Lora or Addam) and I haven't been following speculation for the past few days. I hear there's a box theory with only 2 characters left? Now there are 108 stages? Can someone give me a recap?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm not sure why you're calling me out, when again, I made the image that showed it was probably happening.
I'm doing the exact opposite dude, I'm celebrating. :101: I didn't add the "my friend" part for mockery.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Oh really? I always thought Tifa knew and was just being an ***
Tifa didn’t know about Zack and Cloud doesn’t remember Zack apart from himself, so it’s a while before that name is even brought up.

All Tifa knows is that Cloud has memories of when Tifa and Zack met, but she didn’t know Cloud was actually there and too ashamed to show himself because he failed some things in a way.

StormC

Smash Hero
Thank Christ, only 4 new stages would have been my only real disappointment with this game. 9 stages is great! That's as many as Smash 64.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
108 stages, very very interesting. I wonder what they'll be.

108... Guys I've got it, Suikoden confirmed! (108 Stars)

Chrono.

Why did you axe Richter tho
He's my favorite Belmont but I wanted to be fair and keep the OG while I made room for Soma and Alucard.

Why Soma? Well, because I like him and he'd bring something new to the table that Simon and Alucard can't. Which is the power to use the souls of dead monsters and project them into the real world for battle. Basically he'd be a summoner-type character.

Plus, even though it's not really important at this point, I do wanna point out that he's one of the more popular CV protagonists and both his games were on Nintendo consoles.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
So we potentially have 5 more stages left and DK only has 2 of out of it's 4 stages? Tropical Freeze stage alongside Dixie Kong please and thank you mr. sakurai

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
If we're getting 108 stages, there's no room for it unless the're no DLC button.

They could expand to another row, of course, and not do the 2nd tab for DLC.
The other weird possibility is that training mode stage is the only stage you can play on for training mode.

Which would be a step backwards imho even though it's more in line with other fighters.

There are the tabs up top which could be used as buttons to rotate through (stage builder, 'Extra' and normal), and training room could get booted to the 'Extra' page once DLC is installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom