• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Some fun facts about Isabelle.

• Isabelle is the first unique character revealed for Ultimate that always female.
  • Animal Crossing is the first series since Kid Icarus to receive more than one unique character. That's right, no other series added to Smash after E3 2005 has received more than one unique character until now.
  • Isabelle is the first semi clone included since Wolf.
  • Isabelle is the fourth character to be promoted from an item after Charizard, Little Mac and Dark Samus.
  • Isabelle is the second unique newcomer for Ultimate to debut after 2010.
  • Isabelle is the first playable Animal Crossing character that can speak.
  • With Isabelle's confirmation, every guest character that has ever been in a non arcade Mario Kart is now in Smash.
Any you found interesting?

Last edited:

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Her breast are fine Over9000 your kinda of acting like a child pal

Last edited:

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace

• Isabelle is the first unique character revealed for Ultimate that always female.
  • Animal Crossing is the first series since Kid Icarus to receive more than one unique character. That's right, no other series added to Smash after E3 2005 has received more than one unique character until now.
  • Isabelle is the fourth character to be promoted from an item after Charizard, Little Mac and Dark Samus.
  • With Isabelle's confirmation, every guest character that has ever been in a non arcade Mario Kart is now in Smash.
All of them :)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Now we just need the opposite- Mario Kart with every Smash Character.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Can we take a second to appreciate just how expressive Isabelle is in Smash Bros. Ultimate, and how well-done said expressions are?

D

Deleted member

So how which fighters do you like the most in every series's own roster?
Mario: :ultmario:
DK: :ultdiddy:
Legend of Zelda::ultlink:
Metroid: :ultsamus:
Kirby::ultmetaknight:
Star Fox::ultfox:
Pokemon: :ultlucario:
Kid Icarus: :ultpit:
Fire Emblem: :ultike:

Animal Crossing: Isabelle
Mother: :ultness:
Series Represented by one Character (Yoshi, Wario, F-Zero, Wii Fit, Punch Out, Xenoblade): :ultfalcon:

Retro Series (Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, R.O.B, Duck Hunt): :ulticeclimbers:

Third Party: :ultsnake:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord

Her character is the first Smash Ultimate trailer not to feature cold-blooded murder

Pakky

Smash Hero
What I don’t understand is that...if that is what Over9000BPM is arguing, ZSS’s breasts aren’t even small? Like sure they’re smaller than in Smash 4, but like, they’re still pretty big (or dare I say, more realistic). Even if they made her an A cup I wouldn’t see the argument though, why is it a problem?
What do you mean by that?

Iridium

Smash Hero

Well, she's giving me a little hope for Saki Amamiya. A little.

potato69

Smash Apprentice
Is anybody else gradually getting more excited for Isabelle as time goes on? When I first watched her reveal I was like "cool, I like Isabelle", but when I rewatched it earlier today, I was like "**** yes this is a great character wtf I love Isabelle".

Noipoi

Howdy!

Isabelle is the fifth canine character to be added to Smash. Foxes aren't dogs but they're canines.
We have five dogs and no cats. yet.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
So this Imran guy...

It's entirely possible Sakurai doesn't actually want Geno, though I find it weird that Sakurai would out-right state how he thinks Geno would be perfect for Smash and comment on his arm-gun if he doesn't actually want or care for Geno...
Gonna be honest this might be bias but sakurai ain't dumb. You say that **** online to a rabid auidence that's desperate for any thing you say to the point of chairs, you got yourself some hype going on. If he really didn't mean it when he said he wanted geno then he just did the stupidest possible thing when it comes to talking publicly about the video game series super smash brothers with a lot of desperate, ravenous fans like no other game in the world.

Like sure it could be true but if so... TF were you thinking mr sakurai you know better

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Is anybody else gradually getting more excited for Isabelle as time goes on? When I first watched her reveal I was like "cool, I like Isabelle", but when I rewatched it earlier today, I was like "**** yes this is a great character wtf I love Isabelle".
I am. At first I was just pretty excited, but now I'm considering co-maining her with Richter.

Pakky

Smash Hero
There seems to be a consensus that the zero suit would be designed to crush her chest into nothingness like a fricking singularity or something, I dunno.
I mean I find it silly to think that making her smaller is more 'realistic'.

To be honest, the beefy legs are off model but so are the heels so, I'm at a loss really.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Her character is the first Smash Ultimate trailer not to feature cold-blooded murder
What we don't know is that Fox was getting brutally shot in the alleyway behind Isabelle's office while Isabelle was sorting her mail.

D

Deleted member

Isabelle is the fifth canine character to be added to Smash. Foxes aren't dogs but they're canines.
We have five dogs and no cats. yet.
Mewtwo is the closest thing we have to a cat and he's a genetic abomination.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Series Represented by one Character (Yoshi, Wario, F-Zero, Wii Fit, Punch Out, Xenoblade): :ultfalcon:

Mario: :ultluigi:
DK: :ultdk:
The Legend of Zelda: :ulttoonlink:
Kirby: :ultkingdedede:
Star Fox: :ultwolf:
Pokemon: :ultpokemontrainer:(Charizard)
Mother: :ultlucas:
Animal Crossing: :ultisabelle:
One Fighter Series: :ultyoshi::ultyoshi::ultyoshi::ultyoshi::ultyoshi::ultyoshi::ultyoshi::ultyoshi::ultyoshi::ultyoshi::ultyoshi::ultyoshi::ultyoshi:
Retro Series: :ultrob:
Third Party: :ultmegaman:

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
I mean I find it silly to think that making her smaller is more 'realistic'.

To be honest, the beefy legs are off model but so are the heels so, I'm at a loss really.
I just find it jarring because she’s looked that way since Zero Mission 10+ years ago, if she’d always looked the way she does in Ultimate, or if she even looked that way in the latest Metroid I would have been fine with it.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Mario: :ultbowser:
TLOZ: :ultlink:
Pokémon: :ultgreninja:
FE: :ultroy:
Kirby: :ultmetaknight:
Star Fox: I have to do all as a tie, so :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:
Metroid: :ultdarksamus: (always was cool to me)
Mother: :ultness: (still annoying though)
Castlevania: :ultsimon: (I had good times playing his games)
KI: :ultpit:
DK: :ultkrool: (barely)
AC: :ultvillager: (I guess)
One character franchise: :ultshulk:
Third party: :ultsonic:
Retro fighter: :ultduckhunt:

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
:ultpokemontrainer:
is three characters in the listing.

33/34/35

Why are people saying they're one?

Is there a joke I'm missing?

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528

Has this been discussed in the general discussion yet? I got linked to it on Twitter and assuming my math is right, going by the site's fighter section, there are 70 revealed character portraits (Bunching miis and Pkmn trainer on their own part), with two spaces empty for newcomers...

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
So this Imran guy...

It's entirely possible Sakurai doesn't actually want Geno, though I find it weird that Sakurai would out-right state how he thinks Geno would be perfect for Smash and comment on his arm-gun if he doesn't actually want or care for Geno...
Not just that, but he also stated how much he personally wants Geno in.

What led you to decide to make a Geno costume after all this time?

Sakurai: To tell the truth, it’s because I wanted Geno to be a playable character. He has a gun for a hand, and I think he fits in really well with Smash. During Brawl, I thought it would be great if I could add him, but in the end it didn’t become a reality.

Because of that, you added him as a Mii Costume this time?

Sakurai: That’s right. He’s very popular. When talking about older characters, Geno always gets a lot of requests. He didn’t appear as a fighter, but I was able to achieve something kind of close to that as a Mii Costume.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

Mario: :ultbowser:
DK: :ultdk:
Legend of Zelda: :ultganondorf:
Metroid: :ultridley:
Kirby: :ultkirby:
Star Fox: :ultwolf:
Pokemon: :ultjigglypuff:
Kid Icarus: :ultpalutena:
Fire Emblem: :ultlucina:
Animal Crossing: :ultisabelle:
Series Represented by one Character (Yoshi, Wario, F-Zero, Wii Fit, Punch Out, Xenoblade): :ultlittlemac:
Retro Series (Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, R.O.B, Duck Hunt): :ultgnw:

I seem to have a good balance going on

4 females and 4 villains

Nice

Iridium

Smash Hero
I mean, I can use her as my lab rat for training! :troll:

Aside from that, she's okay in my book.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
:ultpokemontrainer:
is three characters in the listing.

33/34/35

Why are people saying they're one?

Is there a joke I'm missing?
pokemon.PNG

Because that's what the official website says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom