• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
At least Dark Pit had his own personality in Uprising.
And he gets his own song
Over9000BPM Over9000BPM

Y'know

You are the one who always complains about Samus' "redesign".

But

I have yet to see someone complain about the characters with actual drastic redesigns.

I'm of course talking about the Legend of Zelda cast.
There’s been talks about the Zelda crew being changed (some don’t being from different games), but not as big as Samus talk
I do not.

Whom are they?
I think Ranai is a Villager main
I've seen a new complaint about how BOTW Zelda didn't get in because she's not a fighter but Isabelle got in anyway. Of course, we know the real reason we got LBW Zelda (Skirt based model and stuff) but it's still weird how they presented that
Weird thing is they could’ve implemented BOTW Zelda in with or without the skirt part, but the Zelda we have right now is nothing but waifu material in the best of ways

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Shower thought: Does Isabelle’s trailer and the subsequent Tom Nook sequence mean that Smash is canon to AC? Are we actually fighting as real characters and no longer trophies now???

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Love how you cropped out the rest of that post to try and prove your point.
Because it wasn't relevant to my point. I am simply pointing out that people interpret you and your complaints as creepy because no one agrees with it, but you're constant whining and attempts to find some weird compromise put people off. It's annoying, and I know you've been told off by a mod at least once to knock it off about Samus's """"redesign.""""

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
So, would any of you say that you're newcomer choices lean towards more cartoonish characters (Banjo and Kazooie, Rayman, Chourus Kids) or much more serious and mature characters (Elma, Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa)? I'd say I lean more towards the latter.
Definitely cartoonish as I greatly prefer and play them over realistic save for a few.

Funny enough, Simon (Not counting Echos) is so far the only realistic Ultimate newcomer we’ve gotten so far.

Then again, Ridley is debatable since he’s a purple dragon but is menacing looking and comes from a serious series.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I do not.

Whom are they?
He was formerly known as the best Villager main in the world, before Villager got shafted by DLC, and he had to stop going to tournaments due to work, although he does play a bit of Splatoon 2. Chances are he might play Isabelle in addition to Villager. Nothing else, really.

Edit: Seriously, he used to be top 10 (I think even 5), and then he fell off due to work and slightly lowered results and attendance.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Okay Over9000 let us what you hate About Zss design in smash ulitmate you can just say it bad without saying why just tell us and we will back off

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That's the number of fighters listed on the site as it added up the Miis, but ignored listing PT's separate Pokémon.
1536966997411.png

Unless you mean something else?

We have 68 fighters, but if you add the other two Mii fighters, that's still just 70, isn't it? You wouldn't add one of them because it's already included.

EDIT: Hang on a sec, I missed something, stay tuned lmao

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Shower thought: Does Isabelle’s trailer and the subsequent Tom Nook sequence mean that Smash is canon to AC? Are we actually fighting as real characters and no longer trophies now???
Perhaps. I'd actually like that.
Let's be honest, no one cares about the trophy canon. When you're playing you're not thinking "I'm fighting a Snake trophy!", you're actually fighting Snake. At least in your mind.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
We're starting to run out of straws to grasp at...
It's only been a day since the last bit of news we got and we're already going crazy. I think that's a new record.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
It makes no sense to me. She's still hot, I dunno why people are complaining.
The thing that doesn't make sense to me is that she still looks the same.
If you care about her breast size, she's still busty. It just reacts to fabric more naturally now.
I just don't understand why this becomes the topic of the thread every time given we all say the same thing ad nauseum.

Anyway, is Rex and Pyra going to still have the art direction of X2? Like if they became DLC.
I just think it would be odd, especially if we get Elma thrown into the mix.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm guessing that's from today because that includes Isabelle, before it was 71.
Yeah that's more than likely it then.

Hahaha thanks, I figured if I put it here someone else would be able to point it out.
I was in the writer's discord like "there's no way i'm not missing something" haha

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm actually glad we only got a morsel of information yesterday. I enjoy the speculation and discussions!

Noipoi

Howdy!
The thing that doesn't make sense to me is that she still looks the same.
If you care about her breast size, she's still busty. It just reacts to fabric more naturally now.
I just don't understand why this becomes the topic of the thread every time given we all say the same thing ad nauseum.

Anyway, is Rex and Pyra going to still have the art direction of X2? Like if they became DLC.
They probably will, and I can't wait to pair them up with Shulk.
The art direction change from Xenoblade 1 to Xenoblade 2 will never not be funny to me.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
72Fighters.png

Seems to me like the Amazon count is just out of date and not counting Isabelle.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Well anyway i hope we get more customes like pikachu Libra you know like Kindom hearts Cloud custome

D

Deleted member

I'd think so, and it will be glorious. It'll be like, "you thought Shulk was anime?"

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Okay Over9000 let us what you hate About Zss design in smash ulitmate you can just say it bad without saying why just tell us and we will back off
I’m done talking about it. Everyone just twists my words anyway. I don’t like it and I never will. That’s all you need to know.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
What I don’t understand is that...if that is what Over9000BPM is arguing, ZSS’s breasts aren’t even small? Like sure they’re smaller than in Smash 4, but like, they’re still pretty big (or dare I say, more realistic). Even if they made her an A cup I wouldn’t see the argument though, why is it a problem?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What I don’t understand is that...if that is what Over9000BPM is arguing, ZSS’s breasts aren’t even small? Like sure they’re smaller than in Smash 4, but like, they’re still pretty big (or dare I say, more realistic). Even if they made her an A cup I wouldn’t see the argument though, why is it a problem?
Hey dudes this really is not an important issue at all

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I wonder if instead of Mii costumes for DLC, we just get alt costumes this time around. I think alt costumes would certainly sell better than Mii costumes even if they require a little more work than Mii costumes.

Basically what I'm saying is that I'm a sucker and would throw my wallet at my Switch if it means I can get this Isabelle costume in Smash

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
Jesus, people are hating one this one guy way too much.
I'll say it, I prefer ZSS's bigger boobs too. Now all of you can stop shouting "NO oNe HerE agREEs wiTh yOU!!!111!"

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
View attachment 164300
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Smash-Bros-Ultimate-Nintendo/dp/B07GBTDS57?th=1

big think emoji
We have 68 non-echos. If we split up Pokemon Trainer, that'd be 70. If we also split up miis, that'd be 72.
We also have more than 3 echos, so that's not it.

EDIT: okay mission accomplished, I was trying to remember what I was missing and someone pointed it out you can all move on now haha

(It's an outdated pre-Isabelle number)
Miis and PT are already split up in the fighter count, though?

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
It’s not what she’s looked like in any recent game and video game characters don’t have to be realistic. End of story.

Iridium

Smash Hero
You know what is criminal about Link's new redesign? Where's that cool black hood he likes to wear these days? Give me that as an alt Nintendo.

Anyway it'd be nice if the game remembered your preferred alts like in Smash 3DS. It'd be a nice compromise for those who want Link's green hat and a nice QoL improvement all around. I think they didn't do that in the Wii U version because it was intended to be a shared family console, but with the Switch kind of being a hybrid of console and handheld they might bring that feature back.

Yeah, give him the Smash 4 Mac treatment! The regular hood with 7 different dye-colored hoods in addition to the 8 alts he has now. Ridiculous, but a dream.

Edit: Well, the point is clear.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I have a slim hope they blindside us and give us the main duo from the new expansion DLC instead.

torna-characters.jpg

Been playing it today and the idea of them in Smash is much more appealing.

Wishful thinking though.

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
So this Imran guy...

It's entirely possible Sakurai doesn't actually want Geno, though I find it weird that Sakurai would out-right state how he thinks Geno would be perfect for Smash and comment on his arm-gun if he doesn't actually want or care for Geno...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Miis and PT are already split up in the fighter count, though?
Yeah, I miscounted, we already got to that end already lmao
I didn't think it was right, I kinda was trying to see if anyone could correct me cause I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong hahaha
It's been a long day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom