• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Whoever I saw here predict that her final smash will be the same but with a town hall instead, you’re a prophet

Pep1to

Smash Journeyman
What makes people think that we are getting more than 2 uniqur chars and 3 echoes in November?

As far as i remember, we did not have any new chars in July and most likely are not going to have anything in October (if direct happens in Nov)

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I'm entering ****ing conspiracy mode with Jon from GameXplain.

Like. How in the name of Aerith did he correctly predict Kirby's Epic Yarn for 3DS AND Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, and XII for THIS PARTICULAR DIRECT. He even skipped over VIII! Like, how do you just guess that? There's no way. That is so mathematically impossible. You know what else he "predicted" Golden Sun remakes for 3DS and Isaac in Smash.

This guy is on something. He knows more than he's letting on.
That one guy has insider info. They all do. Remember when they "predicted" Daisy in Smash before E3?

The Final Fantasies, Epic Yarn for 3DS, Toadette in NSMBUD and Wolf in Starlink in ONE GO is too too obvious. It's not a conspiracy when you realize they all knew about Smash before the March Direct, as well as Ridley being playable.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What makes people think that we are getting more than 2 uniqur chars and 3 echoes in November?

As far as i remember, we did not have any new chars in July and most likely are not going to have anything in October (if direct happens in Nov)
I can see the Pokemon rep being announced the same way as Isabelle in October was but that's about it otherwise I agree.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly Isabelle's command grab is the most exciting part of her moveset for me.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Man, I've missed Katamari Damacy.

The Prince would be amazing!

Honestly Isabelle's command grab is the most exciting part of her moveset for me.
Range arguments are a thing of the past. Crazy how far things have gone in such a short amount of time.

Springman is going to be a banger, wow.

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
I think my biggest issue with Isabelle's reveal is that it was exactly what people predicted- it starts out as regular Animal Crossing, she gets a letter, and boom, she's in Smash. For once a reveal was obvious from frame 1 and went EXACTLY as expected. It takes a lot out of caring for what's onscreen when you've heard the same exact idea parroted countless times. And then the music choice was just so poor, it makes it feel unimpressive. I feel like a better-constructed trailer would have done Isabelle better, as it stands it just sort of played out without much payoff, like telling a lengthy joke to people who already know the punchline.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I think I'll take a small break from Smashboards and return when another Direct / Smash trailer is announced. All we got was Isabelle and as awesome as she is, I doubt speculation or discussions will change all that drastically until next month.

Unless you all want to keep talking about fake leaks over

and over

and over

and over

and over

Until then I'll keep replaying some old favorites. I recently finished Super Mario RPG and am currently replaying Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, which is one of my absolute favorite games ever. Then I'm replaying Pokémon Silver.

These should all comfortably tide me over until whenever the next Smash news hits. That, and I'm still juggling games with my upper division college courses.

So basically in case some of you were disappointed with today's reveals, it's not the end of the world and you can find other ways to pass the time. It's best not to dwell on Smashboards and revel in / spread your disappointment if you truly feel THAT burned. Process it some other way and look forward to the next Smash news instead.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think I'll take a small break from Smashboards and return when another Direct / Smash trailer is announced. All we got was Isabelle and as awesome as she is, I doubt speculation or discussions will change all that drastically until next month.

Unless you all want to keep talking about fake leaks over

and over

and over

and over

and over

Until then I'll keep replaying some old favorites. I recently finished Super Mario RPG and am currently replaying Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, which is one of my absolute favorite games ever. Then I'm replaying Pokémon Silver.

These should all comfortably tide me over until whenever the next Smash news hits. That, and I'm still juggling games with my upper division college courses.

So basically in case some of you were disappointed with today's reveals, it's not the end of the world and you can find other ways to pass the time. It's best not to dwell on Smashboards and revel in / spread your disappointment if you truly feel THAT burned. Process it some other way and look forward to the next Smash news instead.
See you next time, mi bambino.

Shroob

Sup?
Those of you still on the fence about Incineroar.

It's still not too late to convert! You can be saved from him PILEDRIVING THE NON-BELIEVERS INTO THE MAT, BRUTHERRRRRR.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Continuing the trend of my ask you guys a boatload of questions, what are favorite games from some of you're favorite series?
For Me:
Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild. This game was an absolute blast to play. It truly felt like the next big step for the Zelda series.
Metroid: Prime. I loved this game's atmosphere, exploration and music. It's awesome, but Super Metroid and Samus Returns are close seconds.
Metal Gear Solid: MGS 2. I think this is an usual pick for MGS, but still I though was the most interesting out of the first 3 MGS games.
Xenoblade Chronicles: XC2. Damn the artsyle complaints, I freaking loved this entry in the Xenoblade series.
Sure, why not?
Pokémon: HeartGold/SoulSilver - Like this game is basically a love letter to fans and the series itself. It helps expand on the storyline from Gold and Silver, and by extension, the events from FRLG. And just like the aforementioned remakes, it helps contextualize it, narratively and mechanically, in a post 4th Gen world. You can tell a lot of care and dedication went into that entry and I can just go on all day why it's great. I honestly think it's the best game in the whole series.
Zelda: ALBW - While BOTW is definitely going to hit that spot, I can't necessarily say that as of right now given I haven't finished it quite yet. (I'm actually running through a lot of past Zelda entries before I go back and truly finish it) Although, it's basically a revamped version of ALTTP, I still contest that it's one of the best iterations of Zelda, especially the 2D ones, given how freeform and unique the game actually is. I'm also happy that Zelda's design actually represents that iteration in Smash, despite me preferring the TP incarnation.
Metroid: Zero Mission - While I'd definitely put Prime with it, I think nostalgia really wins out for me if I personally have to choose. The original Metroid is a classic, and therefore Zero Mission should definitely be the entry point for anyone to get into the franchise and understand the appeal of it all. I'd definitely say honorable mentions go to Samus Returns and Super Metroid like you said.
I'll take this kind of Shadow debate instead of the kind where half the people think it's a playable character, and the other half a stage boss.
How about debating if Shadow will be a stage boss or an echo?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I thought we were back with the Vergeben debates.
There really isn't a lot to debate with him.

He's still not wrong, and two out of his three characters seem ridiculously likely, only the "2nd Square rep" being the oddball.

If anything, it'll be less about Vergeben and more about "Will Smash Ultimate also be:

tumblr_inline_mtujtxu1jJ1rw38tc (1).jpg

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I'm just gonna say this; Isabelle's trailer was fantastic change of pace from the intensity of the past few reveals. After witnessing cold blooded murder and intense rivalries, it's nice to finally see a mellow introduction where nobody has to die for once.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm just gonna say this; Isabelle's trailer was fantastic change of pace from the intensity of the past few reveals. After witnessing cold blooded murder and intense rivalries, it's nice to finally see a mellow introduction where nobody has to die for once.
Tom Nook died.

On the inside.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would not have been so disappointed for Isabelle if not for that Tom Nook fakeout.

That was horrible.

Don't do that

D

Deleted member

So I'm playing through the Torna Expansion for Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Just arrived at Gormott. I want you all to listen to the new Gormott theme.
If this doesn't make you want Rex & Pyra in Smash Ultimate, I don't know what will.

why does this game have so many ****ing bangers

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
so has anyone checked what isabelles reveal trailer blog entry # is on the japanese website?

just curious cause we have a lot of missing blog entries from last week and only one character reveal

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If we can choose anyone, I want Cream and Cheese as Rosalina and Luma's clone.
Are we talking about Sonic characters as clones now? Because Big the Cat as a K.Rool clone with Isabelle's Side-B would be pretty dope.

Small confession: I've never actually played any Sonic games. I only know Big because of the memes.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
so has anyone checked what isabelles reveal trailer blog entry # is on the japanese website?

just curious cause we have a lot of missing blog entries from last week and only one character reveal
I just asked about that in a different place, lol

Shroob

Sup?

To be honest, the blog posts after Bowser probably mean nothing.

They were probably going to be just random posts from that week that we haven't seen yet due to the delay.

134-137 are the interesting ones.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh wow, the Japanese blog got 5 updates.

I think that takes up all the missing numbers

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of blog updates, Sakurai and the Japanese website have now started promoting a huge promotional event Nintendo is hosting over there in Japan called "Nintendo Live 2018". The main appearances Smash Ultimate will have are on November 3-4th and 23-24th, aptly titled "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Premium Fight".

You guys think this might allude to something for November? Possibly a newcomer or a general reveal?

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Continuing the trend of my ask you guys a boatload of questions, what are favorite games from some of you're favorite series?
For Me:
Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild. This game was an absolute blast to play. It truly felt like the next big step for the Zelda series.
Metroid: Prime. I loved this game's atmosphere, exploration and music. It's awesome, but Super Metroid and Samus Returns are close seconds.
Metal Gear Solid: MGS 2. I think this is an usual pick for MGS, but still I though was the most interesting out of the first 3 MGS games.
Xenoblade Chronicles: XC2. Damn the artsyle complaints, I freaking loved this entry in the Xenoblade series.
:ultlink:: Twilight Princess. I love the world, the characters, the story, the artstyle, the combat, the dungeons. I don't get why people hate on it, it's so damn fun imo.
:ultsamus:: Prime 1. Definitely the best of the prime trilogy, it's more open ended than prime 3 but not as hard or frustrating as prime 2, also the world is great.
:ultshulk:: Xenoblade 1, easily the best of the 3 games, characters, plot, story, world, while the gameplay in X is definitely superior this is by far the best.
:ultsonic:: Adventure 2 will always hold a special place in my heart and I always find myself going back to it, I even love the treasure hunting and mech shooting stages (except mad space. **** mad space) and the sonic and shadow stages are still the best out of all the 3D games to this day. Go back to the adventure formula sega damn.
:ultmario:: 3D World, I always go back to this game mostly so I can play as peach. Also Galaxy 1.
:ultfox:: Assault. The ground sections were honestly more fun to me than the on-rails shooting parts and that's why this is pretty much the only star fox game I like.

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
After all the Incineroar talk, I'm actually kind of excited for him, to the point of being very disapointed if he isn't in. I mean sure, Psyduck, poipole and marshadow would have been more exciting for me.

But I always thought he was kind of cool being a heel and all. I sort of hope they treat him as a villain. Considering, again, he's a heel character.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
The switch bundle, controllers, mural post, etc. on the Japanese site oddly enough don't have blog numbers.

the US blog has Isabelle's trailer at 135 while the rest of the world has her at 134.

Very strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom