• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'll be honest, the Isabelle hate has really surprised me. Like I sorta get it, she's "stolen" a spot from Issac and Geno, and some may legitimately not like the character or the series but really though, why all the vitriol? She is the face of Animal Crossing, and even without hindsight Villager being Smash 4 made Isabelle all but inevitable in a new entry. Otherwise it would be like Luigi being in the game but Mario not, or Zelda without Link. She is a worthy character, and as Smash is first and foremost an advertisement for gaming she fits perfectly IMO.
Isabelle didn't steal a spot from anybody. If someone like Isaac isn't in it's not because of Isabelle, he wouldn't have got in either way.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Chrono.

Combining this and the Vergeben leak (which I personally believe) we'd be getting a square enix character but not Geno, so:

PLACE YA BETS LADIES AN GENTLEMAN PLACE YA BETS

Is it gonna be Sora? What about Chrono? How about Agnes, wouldn't that be ****ing ironic! Or hit us with that Slime! Its anybody's race now!
It's gonna be a Dragon Quest character, probably.

I'm thinking (and hoping) for Erdrick over Slime. But wouldn't be shocked if it's Slime either.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
There's always the chance that that person knew what was in the Direct and is just ****ing with people. Then again, he did say more than one newcomer. Ugh, I was really sure Geno was in, but I'm not anymore. Leaks are the worst, I think I'll go back to not paying attention to them

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Combining this and the Vergeben leak (which I personally believe) we'd be getting a square enix character but not Geno, so:

Is it gonna be Sora? What about Chrono? How about Agnes, wouldn't that be ****ing ironic! Or hit us with that Slime! Its anybody's race now!
What if it's Lara Croft??? She'd be the closest thing we'd get to a Western Character

KMDP

Smash Legend
Modest?!

Her games sold 5x more than the likes of Golden Sun, Super Mario RPG, Majora's Mask, you know all the games with the really "popular" characters. **** out of here with "Modest".
All true.

Something about Golden Sun's sales, it sold millions of copies. It's a respectable amount, but only without context.

In context, Golden Sun was a regular turn-based JRPG on a Handheld System in a time frame when, I believe, turn-based RPGs were on a downswing in terms of popularity (RPGs have never really been that popular, even then).

GS sold really well, relative to it's genre, console and the time it came out.

...It's still got nothing on series like Pokémon and Animal Crossing, though. XD

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Can we all not see mimique as a leaker anymore, the dude predicted Isabelle as an echo, but she is a semi-clone instead.

Mimique is just a great speculator, but nothing more. :U
he was never a leaker lol i don't know what people are saying… he only likes to predict and speculate like everyone

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Woo Isabelle!

I will admit, despite my efforts i think i kinda convinced myself that Skull Kid would be revealed today. So I was slightly disappointed. But now that i've had time to process she looks really interesting! I'm excited to play her and I'm glad she's a unique fighter and not an echo. :)

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Can we all not see mimique as a leaker anymore, the dude predicted Isabelle as an echo, but she is a semi-clone instead.

Mimique is just a great speculator, but nothing more. :U
i mean you could see her as an echo if you only saw like a couple of moves and then passed that info on to others, ive seen this happen in the past with other leaks and such

Untouch

Smash Master
In my opinion..,

High Chance
Geno

Medium Chance
Slime

Low Chance
Sora
Crono
Another FF Character

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'd be really sad if Geno didn't get in.
I've been playing a lot of Super Mario RPG recently and i've really come to love the game, Geno included, he's such a cool character.
Don't even get me started on the Geno Whirl.
So yeah, i'd be really sad if he didn't get in this time, especially now that Ridley and K Rool are in.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I kind of think we might not be getting any new stages now. I think the last newcomers will be Skull Kid, Incineroar, Tails and Geno.

D

Deleted member

You said a lot of things, but I have no idea what any of them had to do with my post. I've legitimately never seen anyone attacking Isabelle fans and I don't see how people's negative reactions have to fall under what you could agree with.

But sure, I'm playing a victim card somehow, even though I haven't posted in this thread all day? Maybe tone down the aggression.
Maybe don't comment on subjects you don't have the context for? I've been here for a while and I've always stood by the fact Isabelle could not and would not be an Echo but time and time again I was shot down in this very thread.
I'm sure Opossum Opossum can confirm this.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
It's also nice to see the roster isn't one sided. There's a good balance.

Got your classics like Ridley & K. Rool.
And the newer faces like Isabelle & Inkling.
Not to mention we have the greatness that is Simon Belmont.

And we haven't even made it past the whole base roster!

My hype didn't get lowered and it sure won't for the remaining 84 days.

DLC is going to be a wild ride

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again

Y’all are sleeping on my boy Neku Sakuraba

>hit IP on Nintendo DS, sold a lot and received reviewer accolades
>Neku himself also appeared in KH: Dream Drop Distance
>TWEWY is getting a definitive edition port next month for Switch

Yup. He’s in.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Like Isabelle or not, but you can't deny that she was one of the most deserving newcomers for Smash Ultimate. She's the mascot and fan favorite character of a highly popular and relevant Nintendo franchise. A series as big as Animal Crossing could certainly use more than one rep. I was also expecting Tom Nook to be revealed as an echo fighter of Villager, but we got a new AC game announced instead. That certainly caught me off guard even though a new AC game for the Switch was inevitable.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Non-Geno Square characters that are probably more likely than Geno (from someone who has wanted Geno in Smash for almost a decade):
- A Dragon Quest character
- Lara Croft
- Another FF character
- Sora

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper

i could easily see a dragon quest character getting in, most likely one of the main characters. IF that happened i could see either the mc from either 3, which is the most popular in japan, 8 which is like the 2nd most popular overall or 11 which is new and still coming to switch sometime down the road

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
oh **** off with this, I can say i dislike a character if i want to. you seem like the entitled one to go around and try and tell people they cant voice there opinions on something
Careful, don't you dare disrespect the all-perfect isabella lol

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Like Isabelle or not, but you can't deny that she was one of the most deserving newcomers for Smash Ultimate. She's the mascot and fan favorite character of a highly popular and relevant Nintendo franchise. A series as big as Animal Crossing could certainly use more than one rep. I was expecting Tom Nook to be revealed as an echo fighter of Villager, but we got a new AC game announced instead. That certainly caught me off guard even though a new AC game for the Switch was inevitable.
I'm also pretty sure she, like, destroyed on the ballot so I don't see how this came as a surprise

Shroob

Sup?
Gonna say it again:

None of Vergeben's characters 'need' a new stage.

This lines up with "103 being the total amount of stages"

Unless the Dante leak is true, Vergeben's choices do not need a new stage.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
So I never wanted Isabelle, but after seeing her move set...I can honestly say I am excited for her. She’s growing on me.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Non-Geno Square characters that are probably more likely than Geno (from someone who has wanted Geno in Smash for almost a decade):
- A Dragon Quest character
- Lara Croft
- Another FF character
- Sora
Sora more likely than Geno? I think not...

D

Deleted member

Isabelle has me completely convinced that Shadow's in now. He pretty much has the exact same conditions she did before her reveal, so I'm personally expecting him in the final Smash Direct.

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
The fact that Nintendo themselves puts Animal Crossing and Isabelle on a pedestal among the likes of Mario and Link.

Lol Nintendo is promoting their IP, obviously they are going to put a variety of characters in a variety of places. I take it that dog with the guitar and that pink teddy bear thing are Nintendo All Stars too, right?

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
Geno and Skull Kid still have a high chance, in my opinion. In hindsight, I think Kapp'n was sort of the replacement for Isabelle in the Direct and that the Moon may have replaced Skull Kid.

D

Deleted member

Man, if we got a Square character that isn't Geno, I would be so hyped. Dragon Quest? Hell yes, new series. Sephiroth? Long ass sword and more FF even if not my personal pick. Neku? Same as DQ but I actually wanna get into TWEWY. Crono? **** me man, I wouldn't survive the hype.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom