• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Every time something like this comes up it devolves into nonsense and sometimes borderline hate speech and then we drop it then some smart guy comes in and drops a comment about it it flares up again and then hopefully it actually dies.

So how about.

We just discuss this.

Is he going to make the cut in this Smash?
View attachment 163607
Come on, don't tell me you're upset with me now. I don't support the LGBT community NOR i'm against it.

Also, he's a big boy.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Every time something like this comes up it devolves into nonsense and sometimes borderline hate speech and then we drop it then some smart guy comes in and drops a comment about it it flares up again and then hopefully it actually dies.

So how about.

We just discuss this.

View attachment 163607
Sorry, I didn't mean it that way.
I just wanted to do a creative way of saying I want Morrigan and Lilith but know they are too sexy for Smash.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
boi you ain't innocent

But also yes, Fat Yoshi is a lock. He's a Bowser echo.
Nope and I never said I was. I definitely do join in this discussion. However I also know when to at least TRY and stop it at this point which is what I was trying to do. Thank you for holding me accountable (genuinely).

I thought he'd be a DK Echo.
Imagine him on his long long legs.
Looking at you.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

So how about.

We just discuss this.

View attachment 163607
One of the only locks left (other then Stahl, Klefki, and Ronald Reagan)

Chrono.

This REALLY AIN'T IT CHIEF and I thought you knew better my boy. Come on. You're hurting my heart.

Honestly?
I just think Knuckles would be more fun.
Sue me...I just love that guy.
I mean I'm not gonna kill you for thinking that. :p In a perfect world I'd love for the main Sonic trio to be playable and Knuckles is really cool anyway (still sad it never got to be fully realized in Project M.) Tails just happens to be my favorite.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Sorry, I didn't mean it that way.
I just wanted to do a creative way of saying I want Morrigan and Lilith but know they are too sexy for Smash.
Wait...what?
My friend I meant the sexuality topic! It is all totally good. I enjoyed the game you started. Keep it up

Come on, don't tell me you're upset with me now. I don't support the LGBT community NOR i'm against it.

Also, he's a big boy.
Never said I was mad at you friend.
Also yes he is
Biggest boy of all

Is he bigger than Shantae tho?

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I mean, blowing it out of proportions ain't helping either, guys and gals.

But, I am excited about the direct tomorrow. I have games to look forward to, hopefully, and I also have some excitement as I go into Friday and get to binge the fifth season of Bojack Horseman.

Loooking like a good end of the week.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Every male character I have the hots for is gay/bi in my head canon! :B

Alright, time for another game. What video game characters do you love that are popular/well known but know will never be in Super Smash Bros. at all?
A lot. I think a lot of characters are awesome. Here are 10 in no order.

1. Strider Hiryu
2. Billy and Jimmy
3. Mike Haggar
4. Kazuma Kiryu
5. Kite
6. Lei Wulong
7. Kilik
8. Ryu Hayabasa
9. Vyse
10. Anyone from Live a Live

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Nope and I never said I was. I definitely do join in this discussion. However I also know when to at least TRY and stop it at this point which is what I was trying to do. Thank you for holding me accountable (genuinely).

I thought he'd be a DK Echo.
Imagine him on his long long legs.
Looking at you.
I hold everyone accountable. But also I was mostly joking anyway. It's a weird sensitive subject here (and in many places) cause people do try and convince others of their headcanons being legit, all the time, on both sides of the aisle, despite it being totally just headcanon either way.

He's a Bowser Echo but with DK's neutral Special.
Just imagine that wind up punch but also the flying suplex from that absolute unit

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I hold everyone accountable. But also I was mostly joking anyway. It's a weird sensitive subject here (and in many places) cause people do try and convince others of their headcanons being legit, all the time, on both sides of the aisle, despite it being totally just headcanon either way.

He's a Bowser Echo but with DK's neutral Special.
Just imagine that wind up punch but also the flying suplex from that absolute unit
Respect to that!

Also I can't help but feel that that would actually fit some kind of Bowser Echo.
Midbus maybe?
You're a genius.

Yeah..but Bayo isn't bearing lots of cleavage in a thong leotard.
I'll have to keeo waiting for a Nintendo vs Capcom to have Morrigan fight Zelda lol
Oh my friend Bayo can be even worse sometimes.
Don't let your dreams be dreams.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You're literally the first person I see to call this map good. It could work as a boss rush but:
-unnecessarily long and tiny corridors connecting rooms
-no enemy variety, all are Manaketes
-only effective weapons will really hurt them
-the ****ing reinforcements coming from behind
-the boss whi's not even stronger than the rest of his mooks lol
No, no, no, you misunderstand; It's ****ing AWFUL. I believe that wholeheartedly, and I'd rather do anything else than play the final chapters of FE6 again.
Especially the MANAKETES AFTER MAPS FILLED WITH WYVERN RIDERS

However, I think it looks SUPER nice and, at most, is a unique layout with a unique aesthetic, something that would fit very nicely in Smash.

Chrono.

Alright, time for another game. What video game characters do you love that are popular/well known but know will never be in Super Smash Bros. at all?
For me, it's two of my all time favorites. I will never get Morrigan with Lilith as an Echo in Super Smash Bros. They are too sexual in design for an E10..
Kyo from King of Fighters, happens to be my favorite fighting game character.

kyo_kusanagi_by_geos9104-d4epx8f.png

An SNK character feels like a longshot, and I know Terry, Marco and even Iori have a better shot than Kyo. But damn it if I don't want him.

D

Deleted member

All characters are LGBT until stated otherwise
For me, it's two of my all time favorites. I will never get Morrigan with Lilith as an Echo in Super Smash Bros. They are too sexual in design for an E10..
*Looks at my Saber thread*
No idea.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
24 more hours until someone on this planet is inevitably disappointed by this direct...
Aw, now you've jinxed it. Instead of being able to relish in another person's salt, they're gonna reveal something that universally makes people happy.

Lame.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Scorpion kinda fits the role of "Third Party" villain.

In a game featuring villains (as characters and bosses) and a possible mode based on spirits
(also trailers featuring the death of video game characters), Scorpion fits right in.

I am guessing a Scorpion reveal.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

In a game featuring villains (as characters and bosses) and a possible mode based on spirits, Scorpion fits right in.

The thing is "Third Party" isn't a series.
That's a VERY VERY VERY broad spectrum.
Scorpion isn't the ideal villain for...that spectrum anyhow.

But don't stop believing.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Smash has many doors Edboy
Ultra Instinct Rolf confirmed.

In a game featuring villains (as characters and bosses) and a possible mode based on spirits
(also trailers featuring the death of video game characters), Scorpion fits right in.

That would certainly be interesting.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m excited for this Direct! Sadly, last week was better timing as I had a free day to spend speculating and making sure the forums didn’t catch on fire. Not so this Friday. I have a full schedule in the morning.

But it’s a three day weekend! Next Monday is a holiday. 敬老の日 or Respect for the Elderly Day.

So....

Maybe we get Cranky?

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Of course it had to be at 3, the exact time where I could not possibly watch it live.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
The trailers for the newcomers this time around are really good and high quality.

But I also wish they did art pieces for them like they did for Smash 4.

Some of the Smash cast in Ayami Kojima's art style would be cool. Speaking of Kojima, some of the cast in Yoji Shinkawa's art style would also be amazing.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
They could've gone a step further and add, for example, Daein's crest instead of a made-up crest for the flags in Castle Siege.
There's a few more places too, like the Tower of Guidance, Serenes Forest, Grima, etc.
Also not a fan of the out of place gears in the Colosseum.
I remember making a stage concept for the Dragon's Altar way back in the day (2011). It seemed super relevant given it appears in both FE12/13. Ironically much of what I had in mind ended up apart of Unova Pokemon League & now Dracula's Castle. I remember including a lot of songs from Gaiden & Genealogy.

A stage on based on Grima was something I was hoping to also see and made a concept for. Fighting on the back of a living breathing stage isn't something that has been done yet aside from stage hazards (Turtle/Bulborb). Grima itself could act like the Combo Cannon on the Halberd.

Valla from Fates could be a thing given the numerous level gimmicks Revelations throws at players.

We already have Ike.
I think one of the best parts I like about the Tellius saga is the lack of romance. That said, shippers are gonna ship.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

I don't think so only because Mortal Kombat, as a series, flopped in Japan. It hasn't seen a release there in over 20 years.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I’m excited for this Direct! Sadly, last week was better timing as I had a free day to spend speculating and making sure the forums didn’t catch on fire. Not so this Friday. I have a full schedule in the morning.

But it’s a three day weekend! Next Monday is a holiday. 敬老の日 or Respect for the Elderly Day.

So....

Maybe we get Cranky?
Oh, I guarantee you at least some of us are getting cranky...

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
User was warned for this post
I’m excited for this Direct! Sadly, last week was better timing as I had a free day to spend speculating and making sure the forums didn’t catch on fire. Not so this Friday.

So....

Maybe we get Cranky?
Nah someone just sent me a leak of the character that's going to be revealed tomorrow
MAYOR SPOILERS AHEAD, WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom